The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Madjackismad
Nah, definitely not. It's virtually a massive movie anyway, so it wouldn't really be that good. :p:

We won't know until someone actually makes it, though I do half expect it to really suck too lol

I'd say the same for the Halo franchise

I could see... Colin Farrel as Shephard, or Chris Prine (more likely)
Halo could work as a film because it's a linear experience. Regardless of how you play it the result is always the same.

Mass Effect on the other hand allows the player to make choices. A Mass Effect movie loses that touch as it will just follow, as Jace says, the BroShep route.
Halo is possible because it's a pretty big universe story wise. Along with the games you have the novels, graphic novels and other stuff so they can easily tell a new story that fits in with the Halo canon. However, if they were going to make a master chief film, the studios would have to be okay with the fact that the actor will be spending most of time inside a suit hardly speaking. Making Master Chief take off his helmet will just anger a lot of fans. Or, they could do an origin story of Master Chief which I think would be very interesting (we already know of his origins, it would just be cool to see it in a film).
Mass Effect doesn't really need a movie tbh. It already feels like a cinematic experience. Assassins' Creed movie would be great though.
Shia LaBeouf isn't bad in films like Disturbia. He suits those sorts of roles.

Original post by cadaeibfeceh
I's got a poem on Teen Ink.

Please read it and rate it for meeee!

Done. :pierre:

Original post by lukejoshjedi

Batman Begins too, but I'm watching a re-run of Camelot, it's ok.

Original post by Madjackismad
I've heard Eva Green is in Camelot. :flute:

I was surprised to discover Eva Green was in it. Seen some footage, it looked really dull. Like an inferior Game of Thrones, which has just become fantastic.
(edited 12 years ago)
I watched Indiana Jones today... For the first time ever.

*Hangs head in shame at calling herself a film fanatic*
Original post by mimimimi

Whatiswrongwithyouwoman?

Watch 2 and 3. At once. Then you can redeem the title. What did you think of the film?

And play Uncharted 2.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Whatiswrongwithyouwoman?

Watch 2 and 3. At once. Then you can redeem the title. What did you think of the film?

Haha, I'll make it a mission to see 2 and 3 ASAP then :tongue: I enjoyed the film... It was all-round entertaining :smile: Not much more to say about it really - it was basically what I expected.

I have no excuse for not having seen it before - I've seen hundreds of films, but there are a few classics I've just missed completely. I'll try to rectify this over time :biggrin:
Sacha Baron Cohen's next film is based on a novel by Saddam Hussein, and is a dictator who is "secretly replaced by a look-alike goatherd and must rebuild his life in New York City". Bizarre.
Reply 2490
Original post by Phalanges
Sacha Baron Cohen's next film is based on a novel by Saddam Hussein, and is a dictator who is "secretly replaced by a look-alike goatherd and must rebuild his life in New York City". Bizarre.

Sounds like some crazy twist on The Emperor's New Groove. :awesome:
Original post by aja89

Original post by aja89
Sounds like some crazy twist on The Emperor's New Groove. :awesome:

To be honest it sounds suspiciously like he's just courting controversy for the sake it. Bruno was seriously underwhelming in that regard.
Reply 2492
Original post by Phalanges
To be honest it sounds suspiciously like he's just courting controversy for the sake it. Bruno was seriously underwhelming in that regard.

I haven't seen any of his films, those kind of public humiliation type situations make me cringe too much to be able to sit down and watch an entire film's worth!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2493
Haha, I'll make it a mission to see 2 and 3 ASAP then :tongue: I enjoyed the film... It was all-round entertaining :smile: Not much more to say about it really - it was basically what I expected.

I have no excuse for not having seen it before - I've seen hundreds of films, but there are a few classics I've just missed completely. I'll try to rectify this over time :biggrin:

The Last Crusade = in my top 5 favourite movies. It's actually amazing. It's one of those films I can watch once and then totally feel like pressing play again straight away. Genius.

Tell me... you have seen Star Wars, correct?
Original post by Roobsa

Saw that last year in October, it's very good. :yep:
Original post by pinkpenguin
The Last Crusade = in my top 5 favourite movies. It's actually amazing. It's one of those films I can watch once and then totally feel like pressing play again straight away. Genius.

Tell me... you have seen Star Wars, correct?

Haha yes, I've definitely seen Star Wars :wink: I love it...

I was surprised to discover Eva Green was in it. Seen some footage, it looked really dull. Like an inferior Game of Thrones, which has just become fantastic.

The Guardian actually called it S Club Game of Thrones Junior. And the even better Hollycloaks. :awesome:
Reply 2498
Made a cool Tarantino playlist on Spotify if anyone's interested. :awesome:

http://open.spotify.com/user/amyja89/playlist/6DpPFaVKKoG3vtCQV5UBwF
A nice little history of every 3D film ever made:

Ape Gone Insane
:hello:

I know these are your kind of thing.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending