The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Seriously doubt it, (liverpool definately no)
Could be mistaken but the most i've seen is AAAC for four a levels and AAAb for three a levels and an AS (except cambridge of course, who want an A*)
Since the offer is only based on the 3, they're not gonna demand an A in the fourth

Do you know if a C at A2 in the fourth subject carries the same, or hopefully more, weighting than a B at AS?
Reply 2441
There is definitely a disproportionate amount of Scottish people in this thread...
Original post by Tinth
There is definitely a disproportionate amount of Scottish people in this thread...

Really!? I don't think there is that much of us.
Reply 2443
Original post by baztech
Really!? I don't think there is that much of us.

I think so, maybe I'm just a bit jealous because I want someone to meet up with...
Original post by Tinth
I think so, maybe I'm just a bit jealous because I want someone to meet up with...

Haha awww, I'm sure you find someone else in Notts. To be fair I don't have anyone either! They are all Glaswegians in here apart from me!
Reply 2445
Original post by dmz
fine, i'll teach you

terms and conditions apply haha

I shudder to think what these terms and conditions are :P

You love the weeknd too..??
I would literally have ultimate respect for you!
On top of the fact that you're nigerian and an aspiring medic

LOL no not dodgy at all..
But there must be a pulling factor that made you apply to it..
Oh well, you know what they say location, location, location.. :wink:

Haha, well to be fair to me, I didn't know about the strip club and the gay bar before I went there! And it is still a good college...

Original post by baztech
Haha sounds, to use one word "intriguing".

BTW nothing wrong with living with the parents, I think 90%plus of med applicants are in that situ the now.

P.S Is it wrong I am making late night pasta and pesto.... I feel like a winner

I'm living with parents :frown: Although the y are redoing my room as a gap year present :biggrin: So its not toooo bad :smile:
Reply 2446
Original post by twelve
I shudder to think what these terms and conditions are :P

:rofl:
we're alright :tongue:
Original post by baztech
Haha awww, I'm sure you find someone else in Notts. To be fair I don't have anyone either! They are all Glaswegians in here apart from me!

I'm Aberdonian if that helps?
Reply 2448
Funsized Karate Kid this is for you haha
Reply 2449
Original post by dmz

Hahah, thats hilarioussss :smile:
Original post by Limesasquatch
Do you know if a C at A2 in the fourth subject carries the same, or hopefully more, weighting than a B at AS?

I think it would be more like the same (asked a question like this at imperial open day)
but i seriously doubt a C at A2 would carry more weighting
However, all the unis have their own policies, i would suggest emailing/calling each one and ask them a blunt question that only has a yes/no answer. I basically asked: "if i were to get X Y and Z in A levels/had X Y and Z at GCSE, would this hinder my application in any way or would these results be lower than the standard of the applicant pool for 2011/candidates who were offered an interview/place" - stated a year so that they can't come out with "we can't possible anticipate the level of competition for 2012 entry blah blah"..
Original post by baztech
Haha sounds, to use one word "intriguing".

BTW nothing wrong with living with the parents, I think 90%plus of med applicants are in that situ the now.

P.S Is it wrong I am making late night pasta and pesto.... I feel like a winner

LOL indeed :wink:

Yupp i guess that's true, plus no way am i gonna move into a grimy flat for the whole year (cos that would be all i'd be able to afford in expensive-for-nothing london)

No that sounds yumm :rolleyes:
You should see my "mid-night snacks", they range from a whole thinpan pizza to a full "serves two" oven lasagna
LOL you're probably getting the image that i'm obese...

Original post by dmz

i LOLd all the way throught that
I was battling through a dozen unit 5 biology papers (exam tomorrow) when i saw this as well..
Haha Demi this made my day :smile:
Reply 2452

Yupp i guess that's true, plus no way am i gonna move into a grimy flat for the whole year (cos that would be all i'd be able to afford in expensive-for-nothing london)

You should see my "mid-night snacks", they range from a whole thinpan pizza to a full "serves two" oven lasagna

i LOLd all the way throught that
I was battling through a dozen unit 5 biology papers (exam tomorrow) when i saw this as well..
Haha Demi this made my day :smile:

:biggrin: glad to hear it. Lol. Just don't know why i've never heard of her before
Do you want me to go to jail? :hmmm:

Haha love it, midnight snacks are awesome, although probably the reason for my belly :frown: Trying to utilise my gap yah by getting into shape, such hard work :mad:
Reply 2455
Had biology unit 5 exam today

:zomg:

Can't say much else
Original post by futuredoc77
Do you want me to go to jail? :hmmm:

yes, we do. And, we know what will happen to you inside. :colone:
Original post by baztech
Haha love it, midnight snacks are awesome, although probably the reason for my belly :frown: Trying to utilise my gap yah by getting into shape, such hard work :mad:

Aw, since i trainretty much 3-4 times a day, i suffer for those midnight snacks..
I suppose the weight will probably pile on during exam period cos atm my life is: sleep, eat revise and repeat..
Original post by Tobia_s
Had biology unit 5 exam today

:zomg:

Can't say much else

OMGOSH! Edexcel right??
Literally half the paper was about ecology!
How can they write so many questions on the nitrogen cycle and then ignore genetics/DNA/biotechnology??
It was a waste of a paper if you ask me because you didn't really need to revise 3/4 of the unit
First question - wtf?
Very last quesion - no time to answer??
(edited 12 years ago)
M2 :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest