The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

can anyone give me a list of what might come uo?
oh ****
Reply 2422
Original post by TobeTheHero
can anyone give me a list of what might come uo?

lol no one can predict that, at this moment, cos i think everyone is sleeping even the examiners :tongue:
Reply 2423
I'm goin to bed now!

Wake up at 7am, eat, revise for an hour or two. Catch the 9.22am bus to town (read notes on bus!) , arrive at 10.12am, goto library and read until 12.30am, eat a chinese and head to school for 13.00pm exam.
Ahhhhh
Reply 2424
Original post by gradu
I'm goin to bed now!

Wake up at 7am, eat, revise for an hour or two. Catch the 9.22am bus to town (read notes on bus!) , arrive at 10.12am, goto library and read until 12.30am, eat a chinese and head to school for 13.00pm exam.
Ahhhhh

Good luck with that. Make sure, you dont use your parasympathatic system too much (In times of stress) LOL :smile:

kinda dry, but oh well :tongue:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask how many marks do you think will be given for genetic diagrams?
Reply 2426
Original post by johnbaloney
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask how many marks do you think will be given for genetic diagrams?

Maximum 6 if there F2 generations, but with F1 generation around 3/4
genetic stuffs come up loads in the past papers and specimen. its almost certain to come up- damn! but hopefully not as much, what are you guys thinking will come up most? theres only actually ONE question so far on Lac operon, so fingers crossed... :biggrin: hopefully they'll do some good stuff like muscles and the brain and the CNS/PNS. would rather that than sex linkage. arrr!
(edited 12 years ago)
Thanks ManPowa, I am just a bit confused about drawing and understanding the diagrams just looking through my notes. Do you know of any easy way to understand the different terms and to work out the diagrams?
Also are there any links to some more past papers as can only find a couple on the OCR website.

Thanks!
Original post by ManPowa
Good luck with that. Make sure, you dont use your parasympathatic system too much (In times of stress) LOL :smile:

lool but isnt it sympathetic system thats used in stressed?
Original post by johnbaloney
Also are there any links to some more past papers as can only find a couple on the OCR website.

Thanks!

there are only three past papers in total

the two on here plus a specimen. :frown:
sucks! so hard to revise with so little practice papers to do. aah well. we're luckier than last year. having to go first with NO practice papers!
Original post by ekta9
Someone explain the selective breeding of bread wheat please! .. Don't understand it at all! In the simpliest way possible please :biggrin:

T.Austivum as resulted from the hybridisation between members of different species. Chances of doubling the chromosome number (polyploidy) restores fertility in sterile hybrids and this allows the chromosome number to significantly increase to 42 chromosomes. Thats it really.

Couple hours kip now. See you at 5!
Original post by KnuckleheadNinja
there are only three past papers in total

the two on here plus a specimen. :frown:
sucks! so hard to revise with so little practice papers to do. aah well. we're luckier than last year. having to go first with NO practice papers!

Oh right, yeah I suppose at least we get something to practice with!
Original post by starburst92
lool but isnt it sympathetic system thats used in stressed?

Yes you're right during times of stress and activity the sympathetic nervous system acts on the SAN to increase heart rate :tongue: I was thinking the exam same thing.
All nighter! :biggrin:
Original post by ManPowa

LOL yh It'll decrease your heart rate which means less oxygen is delivered to the brain resulting in chaos lol
Original post by TobeTheHero
All nighter! :biggrin:

me too!
Gene Therapy

Genetic disorders are inherited disorders
caused by ABNORMAL GENES on chromosomes

GENE THERAPY involves ALTERING ALLELES inside cells to cure GENETIC DISORDERS.
Original post by broken_glass_heart
me too!

Hmm really? So ur not gona sleep one bit? You guys are tempting me

Quick Reply