F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Original post by TobeTheHero
All nighter! :biggrin:

how the **** do you cope. explainooo :biggrin:
Original post by slacker07906
Hmm really? So ur not gona sleep one bit? You guys are tempting me

Don't be! I have nothing to lose so I'm experimenting an all nighter with this exam:biggrin: I have never done all nighter before:colondollar:
Original post by susan23
how the **** do you cope. explainooo :biggrin:

I have never done All nighter and I just want to see if it works! lol
Reply 2443
Don't be! I have nothing to lose so I'm experimenting an all nighter with this exam:biggrin: I have never done all nighter before:colondollar:

I did half a nighter once and trust me i couldnt even think in the exam...thats how bad it got...but u might be different :smile:
My definition of gene therapy is a therapeutic technique in which dominant alleles are transferred into the cells of individuals who suffer from homozygous recessive conditions such as cystic fibrosis. It cannot be used for diseases caused by dominant alleles.

So is epistasis the interaction of two or more genes in the expression of one characteristic. One gene at one gene loci may mask the expression of another. The epistatic gene will alter the expression or suppression of the hypostatic gene.

Recessive epistasis is when a recessive allele at one gene loci suppresses the expression of a dominant allele at a second gene loci. And this results in a 9;3:4 ratio. Is this right? :s
so far there are 2 people doing an all nighter :s-smilie: anyone else?
actually I think I'll sleep now and wake up 4:30AM :smile:
Reply 2447
my sleeping patterns so messed up ive been sleeping at 7am in the past and waking up at 4pm lol im not even tired yet arghhhh
Original post by Luke0011
Ask me any questions if you've got any, i'll see what I can do :smile: haha!
Everyone on here seems to be good at answering all the questions though. :smile:

Yh all straight from the book or notes....let's see if they remember during exam.
I am doing an all nighter :biggrin:
can anyone explain dominant epistasis and 'complementary fashion' epistasis please ? :smile:

Im doing allnite, tuesday aswell.
im off to revise now.
Reply 2451
allnighter ftw
Original post by God Help Me
I am doing an all nighter :biggrin:
can anyone explain dominant epistasis and 'complementary fashion' epistasis please ? :smile:

I think dominant epistasis is when dominant gene suppresses or masks another gene :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
im planning tu du an all nighter as well but dont knoe if im gonna make it
who has the january 2011 mark scheme??

I have never done All nighter and I just want to see if it works! lol

Original post by susan23
I did half a nighter once and trust me i couldnt even think in the exam...thats how bad it got...but u might be different :smile:

Original post by 786girl
my sleeping patterns so messed up ive been sleeping at 7am in the past and waking up at 4pm lol im not even tired yet arghhhh

Original post by monkeyDace
Im doing allnite, tuesday aswell.
im off to revise now.

Original post by triiden
allnighter ftw

Original post by nashie101
im planning tu du an all nighter as well but dont knoe if im gonna make it

I've done allnighters for nearly all mu exams, its really painful doing allnighters, i hate them so much but have no choice oda dan cram everything down, i dont have a very good memory so if i revised sumting a week ago, i would have totally forgot it now so have to do allnighter so it fresh in my head, but for this exam i dont know anything to b honest, well firstly everything i read seems well hard and then wen i spend an hour on a page trying to get it in my head, 4 hours later, i can remember a word, i'm really stressed out..my whole future depends on this exam, i'll die if i dont do well but by the looks of it i aint doing anywhere near so am so worried. It will be ok for most of u guys who r like 17, 18, 19 years old, u have plenty of years to resit etc, but for a 23 year old like me, u just cant afford to waste anymore years or else you'll be 30 sumting wen u graduate and i hate myself for doing a-levels at this age! i just cant afford to fail this year as am not 17 or 18 years so cant afford to miss anymore years :mad:
Reply 2456
Original post by broken_glass_heart
I've done allnighters for nearly all mu exams, its really painful doing allnighters, i hate them so much but have no choice oda dan cram everything down, i dont have a very good memory so if i revised sumting a week ago, i would have totally forgot it now so have to do allnighter so it fresh in my head, but for this exam i dont know anything to b honest, well firstly everything i read seems well hard and then wen i spend an hour on a page trying to get it in my head, 4 hours later, i can remember a word, i'm really stressed out..my whole future depends on this exam, i'll die if i dont do well but by the looks of it i aint doing anywhere near so am so worried. It will be ok for most of u guys who r like 17, 18, 19 years old, u have plenty of years to resit etc, but for a 23 year old like me, u just cant afford to waste anymore years or else you'll be 30 sumting wen u graduate and i hate myself for doing a-levels at this age! i just cant afford to fail this year as am not 17 or 18 years so cant afford to miss anymore years :mad:

Hope it goes well for you tomorrow :biggrin:
Right now am feeling so sleepy and i just wana forget everything and go to sleep, theres no way i'll pass this exam at this rate, god help me, don't you guys think ocr are being tight for inclu so much (and da hardest topics) into dis module, rather than evening it out between all the modules or breaking it into 2 modules, coz it dusnt seem manageable to many students especially for those of us who have a heavy A2 chem exam 2 days later?
Original post by triiden
Hope it goes well for you tomorrow :biggrin:

thanks, but dat looks really unlikely though
Reply 2459
Original post by broken_glass_heart

awwwwwwwww bless youuuu!! Dont worry I have the ****test memory as well like REALLY seriously...thats why im up trying to remember stuff...because I learn something and it goes straight out the other end...thats just how some people are and we find ways to deal with it :frown: IT's unfortunate that we dont have super memory like others, but thats life and we just do what we can. Dont kill yourself over this exam, life is much more than a peice of paper, trust me, try your best and do what you can, but it's not worth the extreme hasstle and pain. Just do you rbest and forgeet about it till results day...and just hope that the papers easy...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending