The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Original post by broken_glass_heart
Right now am feeling so sleepy and i just wana forget everything and go to sleep, theres no way i'll pass this exam at this rate, god help me, don't you guys think ocr are being tight for inclu so much (and da hardest topics) into dis module, rather than evening it out between all the modules or breaking it into 2 modules, coz it dusnt seem manageable to many students especially for those of us who have a heavy A2 chem exam 2 days later?

I know how you feel : / there seems to be an awful lot of stuff in this exam. Compared to the chemistry equivilent its stupid really :frown:
Original post by susan23
awwwwwwwww bless youuuu!! Dont worry I have the ****test memory as well like REALLY seriously...thats why im up trying to remember stuff...because I learn something and it goes straight out the other end...thats just how some people are and we find ways to deal with it :frown: IT's unfortunate that we dont have super memory like others, but thats life and we just do what we can. Dont kill yourself over this exam, life is much more than a peice of paper, trust me, try your best and do what you can, but it's not worth the extreme hasstle and pain. Just do you rbest and forgeet about it till results day...and just hope that the papers easy...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

aww thanks, u seem very understanding, however, it will be very heartbreaking for me as i have had to break through many barriers to get to be able to do A-levels and coz i am over 19, my a-levels aint free or paid 4 by the government, therefore i have had to pay for them out of my own pocket, £1000 for AS and a £1000 for A2, aswell as all the exam fees and resit fees, so it would be a big waste of money aswell as a waste of time and stress, but i so hate this exam, i just wish i did beta in da oda modules so i wudnt need a high mark in this exam! yeh life myt not be based on qualifications as there r ppl out there who have becum so successful and they didnt have many qualifications, i know luck has a part to play in it aswell but i dont even have luck on my side...seriously feel like a failure....sum ppl just have it so easy, lucky them!
Reply 2462
does anyone know what the role of ampicillin is, in transformed bacterial cells?
i seriously give up, cant get a word into my head, head is so numb!
Reply 2464
holding it for the all nighters, stay till 5 :smile:
Reply 2465
i seriously give up, cant get a word into my head, head is so numb!

just do it.
i seriously hope no questions about gene technology or engineering are asked. That's the only topic I haven't revised yet.
Original post by monkeyDace
i seriously hope no questions about gene technology or engineering are asked. That's the only topic I haven't revised yet.

i hate those topics, i hate them so much, and right now i hate my life and i hate myself for even choosing this science career pathway, would have been so much easier doing law or sumat, y did i have to go pick this route?
Reply 2468
i hate those topics, i hate them so much, and right now i hate my life and i hate myself for even choosing this science career pathway, would have been so much easier doing law or sumat, y did i have to go pick this route?

Chin up.

Good luck to everyone today, you've all worked very hard, I'm sure your efforts will not got amiss!

Remember to READ THE QUESTION. :smile: ...and don't panic.
See you all on the reaction thread. :frown: or :smile:

Naa don't be like that, hopefully they will ask only easy questions like in F211 from last month.
It's toooo much to take in in one go, as soon as I finish one module I forget a lot of the others. on top of all that I haven' looked at my F325 (A2 chem) for a week :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Three things to remember guys and gals;
Read the question ...Read the question ...READ THE QUESTION.

Good luck y'all, see you on the other side x x
Reply 2471
Good luck everyone :smile:
Good luck everyone x

Is this exam at 13.30 or just 13.00??
Reply 2473
Good luck everyone!
Make sure you read the questions carefully! :biggrin:
x
Original post by Lou2049
does anyone know what the role of ampicillin is, in transformed bacterial cells?

It is used as a marker gene to identify transformed bacteria also with Tetracylin I think
Or something like that :tongue:
Reply 2475
Original post by DontPropositionMe
Good luck everyone x

Is this exam at 13.30 or just 13.00??

Mine is at 13.00, but someone else on here has it at 13.30

Still some cramming time left :biggrin:
FML! All nigter was a terrible idea....
Mines at 1:45pm....

I read the book inside out... but worried that the examiners might just decide to go synoptic on me. ¬_¬"
Reply 2478
EXAM AT HALF ONE EEEEEEEEEEEEK!

My top tip is, READ THE SPECIFICATION. I always read random bits that seem to always come up, handy :wink:
Good luck to all,
MUSCLES FOR THE WIN :biggrin:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Original post by TobeTheHero
FML! All nigter was a terrible idea....

:console:

You think thats bad? I played PSP for the last two days with minimal revision :ashamed2:
I'm doing the jan 2011 paper for practice right now, hopefully it'll get me into exam mode..

Eat something, get some sleep, and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending