The Student Room Group

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Pyramids of biomass can be represented on a suitable scale. It takes into account the size of the organisms aswell unlike pyramids of number.
Reply 841
Original post by Abby :)
Heyyy can someome help me... ive seen this Q a couple of times and i really cant find the answer!

What are the advantages of using a pyramid of biomass/measuring in biomass???

measuring biomass is more reliabe than just counting organisms at each level
I'm off guys! Good luck and make sure you smash the paper! :biggrin:
Best of luck to all doing this exam! I hope there's no awkward HSW questions :smile:
Reply 844
Rightt everyone im getting off this now, to get myself ready to leave and do some last minute cramming! Good luck xxx
Reply 845
Original post by Master.K
I'm off guys! Good luck and make sure you smash the paper! :biggrin:

But then I won't be able to write on it!

Btw at what time is everyone having their exams?
Reply 847
Original post by Stratos

same time as urs lol?
Reply 848
Original post by Stratos

13:00, isn't it that for everyone? Unless there's a clash?
Reply 849
What are the effects of global warming??
Original post by Tericon

Nope, it varies. Just most places do it around 1-2pm.
Original post by Tericon

nope at my school afternoon exams start at 14:00 as lunch time starts at 13:00/15
Reply 852
Mine start at 14.30 o.O
Reply 853
Original post by Rickesh
What are the effects of global warming??

increased CO2 production. Increased methane production. increase in global temperatures. affects species distribution and diversity in areas. causes ice caps to melt, increasing sea levels. all that shiz.....
Reply 854
Original post by Eloades11
Best of luck to all doing this exam! I hope there's no awkward HSW questions :smile:

Thanks, but that's like saying 'I hope there's no Biology!' :biggrin:

Awkward HSW questions are inevitable in an AQA Biology exam..especially in Unit 4!

Also...nice uni firm choice..... :tongue:
Reply 855
Original post by SK-mar
increased CO2 production. Increased methane production. increase in global temperatures. affects species distribution and diversity in areas. causes ice caps to melt, increasing sea levels. all that shiz.....

Also, according to CGP, increases crop yield as more CO2 - limiting factor in photosynthesis and may disrupt insect life cycles, they may emerge from larval stage quicker.
Reply 856
Original post by Tericon
Also, according to CGP, increases crop yield as more CO2 - limiting factor in photosynthesis and may disrupt insect life cycles, they may emerge from larval stage quicker.

yep the larval thing comes from increased temperatures. for every 1 degree they may come out 10 days earlier than expected. forgot about the crop yields thingy so cheers!

how you gonna approach the paper btw? I think im gonna do the last two questions first. get the 5 markers out the way whilst im fresh and tackle the supposedly hardest question... what you think?

good luck bro!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tericon
Thanks, but that's like saying 'I hope there's no Biology!' :biggrin:

Awkward HSW questions are inevitable in an AQA Biology exam..especially in Unit 4!

Also...nice uni firm choice..... :tongue:

I'm afraid you're right, what I should have said was "I hope there's no awkward ones :biggrin:"

Thanks, you also going to Warwick?
Reply 858
Original post by Eloades11
I'm afraid you're right, what I should have said was "I hope there's no awkward ones :biggrin:"

Thanks, you also going to Warwick?

Yep, Law though.... I don't think I could take anymore of Biology :tongue: Lovely campus, have you picked accomodation? I've put Cryfield and Whitefield down as top two, only because they're the cheapest and I'm a cheapskate :biggrin:

So I'm not completely off-topic: Good luck if you're sitting this :smile:
Reply 859
Original post by SK-mar
yep the larval thing comes from increased temperatures. for every 1 degree they may come out 10 days earlier than expected. forgot about the crop yields thingy so cheers!

how you gonna approach the paper btw? I think im gonna do the last two questions first. get the 5 markers out the way whilst im fresh and tackle the supposedly hardest question... what you think?

good luck bro!

Yeah I might do that, they're usually just simple recall, no thinking required.

I always run out of time, I don't i've ever sat a Bio paper yet where I've had time to check my answers, so going to try my best to leave some checking time, I have a tendency to make really stupid mistakes.... like missing questions.... :tongue:

Good luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending