BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Well, good luck everyone!

Adios
im not going
anymore to scared
Reply 863
what on earth the bus is taking ages to arrive, still at the bus stop. Good luck guys
Didn't think it was too bad, nearly ran out of time but got there in the end, what does everyone think the grade boundries will be like???
Reply 865
That was really easy, boundaries will probably be a fair bit higher than the last few times.

I think AQA is finally learning from their mistakes on past unit 4 papers.
yep definately you could actually understand what they wanted from each question instead of getting quite confused lol
Reply 867
What did you guys get on the hardy weinburg question? I think I misread it..
for june 2010 younonly needed 35 for an a but i reckon it could even be in the 50's for this one or at least high 40's
i got 0.04 for the homozygous but i don't think i put it in a percentage properly coz i just wrote 0.04 but i think its meant to be 4 asd a percentage but hopefully ill get the marks dfor the working out, why what did you get for hardy weinberg??
Reply 870
Yeah I got 4%, coming out of the exam my friend said it was work out the homozygous dominant, BB, or p^2.
yeh thats what i worked out , ii just forgot to change it to a percentage oops lol
Feel a bit uneasy after that. I felt like they probably wanted more form that last 6marker where i just told them a concise Calvin Cycle when I was pushed for time.
And the oil glands/reliabilty? I dunno if I worded myself correctly. In general I had something to say for everything.
But I think the grade boundaries will be a bit high.
i know what you mean about the 6 marker it seemed like there wasn't enough to write about ti but i guess if you write all you know then what more can they want unles it's something not on the syllabus but i like the last three questions, they seemed to be okay
you know the one about the horse eating extra food in the summer what did people say it used the extra nutrients for. i know its only one mark but i wasn't too sure what to out, i put growth but i dont know if that is right or not
Reply 875
what did every one get for the nirogent 5 marker question
i wrote about ammonification but i rushed that one for a bit because first i wrote about nitrogen fixarion and realised i hadn't read the question properly and had to redo it lol
Reply 877
Original post by Laura-Robbie
i wrote about ammonification but i rushed that one for a bit because first i wrote about nitrogen fixarion and realised i hadn't read the question properly and had to redo it lol

i wrote about ammonification and then nirification, it was 5 marks so i think you have to include both.
Reply 878
Original post by Laura-Robbie
you know the one about the horse eating extra food in the summer what did people say it used the extra nutrients for. i know its only one mark but i wasn't too sure what to out, i put growth but i dont know if that is right or not

I wrote that the nutrients were used to synthesize proteins e.g. microfibrils in muscles(actin fillament and myosin) therefore growth.

Original post by fsaeed20
what did every one get for the nirogent 5 marker question

I wrote about extracelular decomposition, but first about intracellular digestion in invertebrates which digest the dead leaves into simpler organic molecules, afterwards saprobionts would further decompose the organic matter by releasing enzymes which break down the organic molecules and then absorb the usefull substances, ammonia is a waste product and is released into the atmosphere, nitrifying bacteria in the soil would convert ammonia into NO2 and then further nitrify into NO3, NO3 is soluble and can be absorbed into the roots of plants by active transport where it's used for biosynthesis(DNA replication, protein synthesis).
I thought the exam was quite hard, couldnt quite get what some of the qu were getting at, a few qu:
what did everyone put for the reason human synthesising lots of atp?
where did u put ur ticks in the first qu?
the negative correlation coefficient?
the one about pathogens??

any help, much appreciated....i will rep!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending