The Student Room Group

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011

Poll

Are you resitting this unit?

Only just over 2 months now until the exam. Hows everyones revision going? To be honest I really dont like this unit as its mainly to do with ecology and the boring biology stuff...lol. I have also attached the June 2010 and January 2011 past papers with their mark schemes for revision purposes!!! The others can be found on the AQA website. Enjoy :biggrin:

REVISION NOTES: http://www.studentcreche.co.uk/resources/biol4.pdf
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
he , have u got any revision notes or anything for this exam?
Reply 2
Original post by ben10
he , have u got any revision notes or anything for this exam?

Hey, I dont have any revision notes fo this unit yet and when i get hold of some, ill upload them right away. I do have the AQA nelson thornes text book answers for this unit as they are not in the book. They may be of some help to you! :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by cobra2k10
Only just over 2 months now until the exam. Hows everyones revision going? To be honest I really dont like this unit as its mainly to do with ecology and the boring biology stuff...lol. I have also attached the June 2010 and January 2011 past papers with their mark schemes for revision purposes!!! The others can be found on the AQA website. Enjoy :biggrin:

I have to retake this module. I got 88/100 UMS but I need an A* :angry:
I think I'm going to use the Bill Indge questions, past papers, Nelson Thornes questions and my previous notes for revision. Wbu?
Reply 4
Hey, I dont have any revision notes fo this unit yet and when i get hold of some, ill upload them right away. I do have the AQA nelson thornes text book answers for this unit as they are not in the book. They may be of some help to you! :wink:

thankyou, please upload notes and stuff for the exam as soon as possible. as i am retaking. what are your revision strategies..
Reply 5
Original post by Phalange
I have to retake this module. I got 88/100 UMS but I need an A* :angry:
I think I'm going to use the Bill Indge questions, past papers, Nelson Thornes questions and my previous notes for revision. Wbu?

Did you sit this paper in june 2010 or january 2011? I'd be well happy with 88 :smile:! Obvioulsy, if you need an A*, retake the paper but in my opinion its hard to improve with this paper, especially with all the HSW questions. I'm just going to use the AQA nelson thornes text book and the CGP revision guide to revise and make notes from. Then do all the past papers and go through the exam style questions in the text book. By the way, I only need an A and I have BIOL4 AND BIOL5 in this summer!

I sat it in January.... got a U. Seriously every one, dont take the ecology lightly and make sure you revise the **** out of it!
Reply 7
Did you sit this paper in june 2010 or january 2011? I'd be well happy with 88 :smile:! Obvioulsy, if you need an A*, retake the paper but in my opinion its hard to improve with this paper, especially with all the HSW questions. I'm just going to use the AQA nelson thornes text book and the CGP revision guide to revise and make notes from. Then do all the past papers and go through the exam style questions in the text book. By the way, I only need an A and I have BIOL4 AND BIOL5 in this summer!

I did this paper in Jan 2011. Hmm, I found I got 51/75 in the exam (which gave me 88 UMS). Looking at the mistakes, I just didn't explain myself properly and made some dumb calc mistakes so I think I can improve.

How many exams do you have in June? I have 5, which isn't too bad I think :colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by Phalange
I did this paper in Jan 2011. Hmm, I found I got 51/75 in the exam (which gave me 88 UMS). Looking at the mistakes, I just didn't explain myself properly and made some dumb calc mistakes so I think I can improve.

How many exams do you have in June? I have 5, which isn't too bad I think :colondollar:

I have 11! :eek:
Reply 9

Hey, thanks for uploading these :biggrin:
Do you have these for either the AS biol2 or unit 5 please?
Much Appreciated :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by Cheeese589
Hey, thanks for uploading these :biggrin:
Do you have these for either the AS biol2 or unit 5 please?
Much Appreciated :biggrin:

Hi, yes I do. Just search for 'BIOL2' or 'BIOL5' on here and you'll find my other thread with the papers you need!! :wink:
Hi, yes I do. Just search for 'BIOL2' or 'BIOL5' on here and you'll find my other thread with the papers you need!! :wink:

Legend ! :biggrin: thank you ! (:
Reply 12
I have 11! :eek:

LOL well that's not too bad. It's do-able :smile: I know someone doing like 16... good luck to you though
Reply 13
argh I hate this unit...how do we prepare for the ecology questions? I mean theres the HSW questions and past papers q's but otherwise is it just a matter of keeping calm in the exam and using your logic?
Reply 14
i think i got around 9 lol and im doin all bio but quietly confident :smile:

all those haters out there who think i cant......
I haven't even started revision for this unit. Its too boring to revise :\ and I'm concentrating on unit 5 at the moment.
Original post by tehsponge
I haven't even started revision for this unit. Its too boring to revise :\ and I'm concentrating on unit 5 at the moment.

Same. Unit 5 is so much better in terms of content. How far along are you with your revision?
Unit 4 is so dull :frown: I was so depressed when I found out I need to resit.
Original post by INeedToRevise
Same. Unit 5 is so much better in terms of content. How far along are you with your revision?
Unit 4 is so dull :frown: I was so depressed when I found out I need to resit.

I've gone over most of unit 5. I can't do much at the moment because I'm still doing Art coursework :s-smilie:
Reply 18
I'm taking the exam in june and I am seriously freaking out over the ecology stuff and the wishy-washy answers. Can anyone give me any serious revision tips or any sort of help, especially from those that took the exam in January. I heard it was pretty solid!!!

Reply 19
ahhh don't freak out too much. I'm sitting the same exam, and to be honest, the core Biology is pretty easy. only advice I can give you is to do all of the past papers available on the AQA website. I can email you my revision notes if you feel in desperate need!

Quick Reply

Latest