BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by Gakama
what exam board is this?

AQA
Original post by cleo101
would that get both the marks?

Im no examiner but you'll probably ge thte mark for stating that the hydrolysis reaction is a single reaction and releases energy imediately.
Original post by cws121
i put directional because it was the those in the extremes (i.e. those with the t allele) were being eliminated from the population

Stabalising Selection elminates the extremes
Directional selection means the extremes have an advantage. therefore it was stabalising selection.

what did people put the the ATP one in humans?
for the reasonging for the hardy-weinberg i forgot to put under the conditions that no mutations etc occurr, willi get a mark.

the reliability of the oil gland?
also is it possible to get 100% chocolate cats?

in general a lot better than january and grade boundaries will be high.
Original post by patrick93

its aqa and only taken in england so everyone has done it, it says on the ten warning points thing above the threads :biggrin:
Reply 1004
Original post by Tara_Ward
Oh dude i completely messed this answer up i put that there was a corellation but that it didn't show causation. oh man. FFS

i put there is exactly 0.05 probability that the results were due to chance so equal difference, cos wasnt p = 0.05
Original post by Tara_Ward
Oh dude i completely messed this answer up i put that there was a corellation but that it didn't show causation. oh man. FFS

I put that as well. I said that because other factors such as the birds size and mass may result in the causation.
On the ratio question, I put 50% rather than 1:1 - will I get it?
Original post by cleo101
i put there is exactly 0.05 probability that the results were due to chance so equal difference, cos wasnt p = 0.05

Yeah I put that as well but I wasnt sure whether it was greater than /less than or equal to so I just said equal to.
unofficial mark scheme??
Original post by xbabycakes
baha, I got 3:1 as well! I'm just trying to work out how :s-smilie: bahaha x

you got 3:1 becuase you did a cross of Rr Rr and they said use THIS Black cat which was Rr and a white cat whcih was rr so therefor your possibilities are Rr Rr rr rr there 50:50 which is 1:1
whats an unofficial mark scheme and who makes them??
Reply 1011
Original post by Black Butler
Yeah I put that as well but I wasnt sure whether it was greater than /less than or equal to so I just said equal to.

yeh i said less than or equal too as well. i also said we reject our null hypothesis that the frequency of alleles wont change. probably not needed but oh well haha.
Original post by Laura-Robbie
its aqa and only taken in england so everyone has done it, it says on the ten warning points thing above the threads :biggrin:

I just did it in Wales.
has anyone got the paper?
fml, i don't know what to think about this paper.
Reply 1015
the last question was calvin cycle wasnt it?
Original post by MessyRoom
Horse stores excess substances as fat. Fairly sure as an E "level" question that's right.

Why does the anaerobic tank stop working if not cooled?

It stated "minimum daily requirement" so I doubt they were referring to excess nutrients being stored into fat cells, more like they would be used for anything other than respiration and heat.
Reply 1017

one of us makes one according to what they've put and what other people have put that is right. takes time though and you have to try and remember as many questions as possible in the order they came haha.

All I can say is that someone very nice makes them. :colondollar:
what did you all get for the question about measuring the gland size of the blue tit at the same time as the no. of mites affecting reliability? :s

Quick Reply

Latest