The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by susan23

Original post by susan23
Omg what did you write for that sheep question....like why where they like that omg see i forgot the questin because thats how **** it wasss....

hi susan
Original post by Red_Dragon123
I think you had to give a FOR and AGAINST argument since it said "Comment" About the method killing Hedgehogs

I gave two against and one for.

- We shouldn't value a wader's life over a hedgehog's life, as all life is sacred.

- We introduced the hedgehog that diminshed the wader population, so it is our responsibility to remove the hedgehog from the environment to restore the wader population.

- Something to do with killing the animal is unjust and unnecessary or some crap.
Original post by englishman129
I could deal with a paper where me failing to get the marks is due to me failing to recall something from the syllabus, but when the questions are based on **** pulled from wikipedia because the examiner who wrote the paper got **** faced the night before he had to submit his un-started, first, last and final draft of the paper, and 45 marks of the paper are based on 4 sentences from the book which don't even help you much if you remember then I think I am justified in getting pissed.

My sentiments exactly. A paper that reduces people to tears when they have spent that past two months revising 4 hours a day per subject is not making A levels harder, it's just taking the p*** (some girls at my college just couldn't deal with it and broke down).
Original post by HandsomeLAD
Yeah! Post it online. Let's do everything we can to get back at OCR. If that means putting the exam the day we sat it online, then so be it. I want them to get angry for f*cking us over :tongue:

Only a good idea if it means they had to make us do another paper or do something else about it, otherwise the grade boundaries would shoot up as some people haven't done it yet?
Reply 2904
Original post by loubear93

Original post by loubear93
for the first question i chatted so much shxt!

i wrote the peptide bonds are hydrolysed into amino acids bla bla

i also wrote about deamination in the liver haha did anyone else?!

I wrote about deamination and ornithine cycle!
Original post by MoMatrix
I wrote about transamination in liver but i was clutching at straws.

same, it was a complete guess. paper was shocking
Reply 2906
Original post by TobeTheHero
Even better, I used my a2 biology book as a fuel for barbecue in the garden!

LOL. damn i had to give mine back to my teacher :frown:
Reply 2907
Original post by mortysteve
I gave two against and one for.

- We shouldn't value a wader's life over a hedgehog's life, as all life is sacred.

- We introduced the hedgehog that diminshed the wader population, so it is our responsibility to remove the hedgehog from the environment to restore the wader population.

- Something to do with killing the animal is unjust and unnecessary or some crap.

You don't get marks for stuff like that.
I always said I wouldn't get a Student Room account but alas.. here I am, a horrible F325 paper later and I need one,
That was a poor exam - for people like me who have spent the last few months revising in detail every part of the syllabus that was a poor representative, the whole of module 2 was basically missed out, where was all the tricky stuff like sequencing? Like insulin and plasmids, reverse transcriptase, succession, immobilised enzymes?
I'm interested to know what everyone put for the question where it showed a length of codons attached to specific amino acids, - I'm convinced this is tRNA as tRNA are the only molecules that attach to amino acids, they then bring them to the mRNA and form hydrogen bonds with the mRNA - mRNA never directly attaches to amino acids. I'm so depressed.
Reply 2909
I was so frustrated by the time we got to the hedgehog culling q that I put some cultures may think of the hedgehog as a sacred animal :/

Any thoughts on whether ums will be low because so much was "synoptic" and simple science, or low because of howweird the makeup of the exam was?
The nitrogen cycle knocked the wind out of me.

I mean seriously WTF was that!?!?!
Original post by susan23
Omg what did you write for that sheep question....like why where they like that omg see i forgot the questin because thats how **** it wasss....

I was unsure regarding that question.

I think I said that the two processes were ...

A mutation that led to the enzyme that could metabolise the seaweed being synthesised.
Natural selection with a selection pressure favouring the sheep that could digest the seaweed, leading the trait/gene to be passed onto offspring.

:s-smilie:
Wait, the book says it's spelt Nitrosomonass... So that's what I put. When I search it on the internet, the spelling seems to be Nitrosomonas. If I lose a mark then... What a joke... OCR is an absolute ****ing joke with a bunch of clowns working with only one goal in mind: making teenagers cry annually.
Reply 2913
loved innate behaviour and tissue culture to be fair, so that was nice. nitrogen cycle was kinda fcuked along with that hardy weiner principle..
plus, NO GOLDEN RICE?! I was hoping that came up.. along with sliding filament theory.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2914
Original post by 786girl
Someone supply me the number of the person who writes this exam. I need to have a word!

I know who wrote it. They teach at my school. :biggrin:
Original post by BiologyF325
I always said I wouldn't get a Student Room account but alas.. here I am, a horrible F325 paper later and I need one,
That was a poor exam - for people like me who have spent the last few months revising in detail every part of the syllabus that was a poor representative, the whole of module 2 was basically missed out, where was all the tricky stuff like sequencing? Like insulin and plasmids, reverse transcriptase, succession, immobilised enzymes?
I'm interested to know what everyone put for the question where it showed a length of codons attached to specific amino acids, - I'm convinced this is tRNA as tRNA are the only molecules that attach to amino acids, they then bring them to the mRNA and form hydrogen bonds with the mRNA - mRNA never directly attaches to amino acids. I'm so depressed.

The ribosomes surround the mRNA. I can't remember what the figure looked like, but I'm fairly sure it was meant to be representing that?

Original post by Signed Solution
Wait, the book says it's spelt Nitrosomonass... So that's what I put. When I search it on the internet, the spelling seems to be Nitrosomonas. If I lose a mark then... What a joke... OCR is an absolute ****ing joke with a bunch of clowns working with only one goal in mind: making teenagers cry annually.

Are you sure? We learnt it as Nitrosomonas and my teacher goes by the book. ;p
Original post by mortysteve
I was unsure regarding that question.

I think I said that the two processes were ...

A mutation that led to the enzyme that could metabolise the seaweed being synthesised.
Natural selection with a selection pressure favouring the sheep that could digest the seaweed, leading the trait/gene to be passed onto offspring.

:s-smilie:

I wrote Selective Pressure and Directional Pressure :s-smilie:

I have no idea if that's right or not. Your one sounds more likely to be the answer
Original post by sillysal
i put substitution too

soory guys its point mutation namely the silent mutation.
Original post by starburst92
omg please say that it said they eat the wanderers eggs because otherwise i got that 6 mark questions completely wrong :frown: really f'ed up this paper

Is that how you spell it?!
Original post by englishman129
That was the first exam ive actually completely run out of time with like 6-10 marks still remaining (ecology stuff). Did anyone notice the timing was crap too? or was it just me?

I didn't think the timing was too great either :| I think it was because a lot of the questions were so ecology based that they didn't have answers that were as specific as they would've been had they been on biotechnology etc, so I found myself waffling and wasting time :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending