Scroll to see replies

Original post by Swoosh
I know who wrote it. They teach at my school. :biggrin:

Shoot them for us?
Reply 2921
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
hi susan

Hi bad!!!

that was a **** paper :frown: I'm never going to get into uni...I actually want to burn down every single OCR centre in the country and stab the person who wrote the exam!!! where they at some ****ing farm yard holiday camp when they wrote the exam filling it with sheep and hedgehogs ****!! what are they playing at!! they did the same with unit 4 in january 2011 and now they did it again!! did they not learn their ****ing lesson in january....!! seriously hate the idea of exams,...such a waste of my life...I could be doing something so much more than commit to this bull**** !! you waste so much time and what do you get at the end??? bull****!!!!! The dream for the A* seems toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo impossible now. and their going to make unit 4 retake liKE tHIs tOo! well you know what im not revising cuz i bet ther gna put some random ambigious bull...like they do.
Original post by sc0307
I wrote about deamination and ornithine cycle!

yayyy hopefully we got a mark haha
Original post by Humz7
loved innate behaviour and tissue culture to be fair, so that was nice. nitrogen cycle was kinda fcuked along with that hardy weiner principle.. cock.

The QWC mark questions was not bad. But the rest? *horrible*

I literally facepalm myself 3 times during the exam
Reply 2924
Grade boundaries;
1/100 = A

:colondollar:
Reply 2925
Original post by mortysteve
The ribosomes surround the mRNA. I can't remember what the figure looked like, but I'm fairly sure it was meant to be representing that?

Are you sure? We learnt it as Nitrosomonas and my teacher goes by the book. ;p

I thought it was mRNA because it asked what had the bases, not the amino acids I thought.
Reply 2926
I wrote Natural and Directional selection.
Original post by jungdao
I thought it was mRNA because it asked what had the bases, not the amino acids I thought.

I don't remember what the question explicitly said, but I was pretty confident that it was mRNA and I didn't second guess myself. Oh well, time will tell. :tongue:

Original post by Red_Dragon123
I wrote Selective Pressure and Directional Pressure :s-smilie:

I have no idea if that's right or not. Your one sounds more likely to be the answer

Selective pressure sounds like it should get a mark (that's what I said for the second one, in effect). Not sure about directional pressure though, especially seeing as it's directional selection. ;p

I was half-guessing though, so I'm not sure!
Reply 2928
probably the worst paper ive ever come across. biotechnology? genetics? molecular biology? naaaaaah lets go on about ecology and plants...
F214 had better be as simple as the 9 mark question on translation
Original post by 786girl
Grade boundaries;
1/100 = A

:colondollar:

p l e a s e
The ribosomes surround the mRNA. I can't remember what the figure looked like, but I'm fairly sure it was meant to be representing that?

Are you sure? We learnt it as Nitrosomonas and my teacher goes by the book. ;p

Yeah, it's on page 202 on the diagram in the OCR book. I was just looking at the diagram for revision and I happened to put an effort into remembering the bacteria involved.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jungdao

It showed amino acids in boxes, each attached to a box with three nucleotide bases in it = a codon. In the OCR textbook the diagram for tRNA shows that at one end there are 3 bases which are the anticodon where the tRNA binds to a complementary mRNA codon, and there are 3 bases on the other end of the hairpin shaped molecule where an amino acid binds.
It is just 100% wrong that an amino acid binds directly to the mRNA! The amino acids form peptide bonds with each other and then the ribosome dissociates. Surely it was tRNA, someone back me up here!
Original post by greenford
it was a hard paper... do you think the mark scheme will be similar to jan 2011..
overall.. hard paper

PS: Lets create a FB group about how difficult the paper was.. :angry:

it was harder than january's so they should be even lower!
Original post by MoMatrix
I wrote Natural and Directional selection.

Directional selection is natural selection.

Besides, the ability to digest seaweed is a discrete variable, right? You either do or you don't. And you can't produce a normal distribution curve from discrete variables? So there are no phenotypic extremes, per se.

I don't know.
Reply 2934
I wrote tRNA.
Reply 2935
the worst bio exam if ive ever sat....i'd be lucky to get an E on this paper:''( bad times

STUPID OCRRRRR!!
What was the grade boundary for the January paper?

Plus, what did people put to the question, 'what type of mutation is UUG' or whatever that question was? I put neutral since it would have a neutral effect but I'm not sure?
Reply 2937
I was unsure regarding that question.

I think I said that the two processes were ...

A mutation that led to the enzyme that could metabolise the seaweed being synthesised.
Natural selection with a selection pressure favouring the sheep that could digest the seaweed, leading the trait/gene to be passed onto offspring.

:s-smilie:

thankyou stevey :biggrin: i think i wrote something like that..
That paper was a total joke. I really wanted the brain and gene stuff to come up. my weakness is Ecology :| erghh.. i was literally writing anything.. *sobs toself*
Original post by MoMatrix
I wrote tRNA.

YAYYYYY

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending