The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/06/10/emma-watson-to-study-at-oxford-university-after-quitting-brown-115875-23191223/

AAAHHH :love: I'm so jelous of people at Worcester!! Is it possible to move college? :colondollar:

Screw physics, I'm changing to English as well :p:
Reply 1621
Original post by soutioirsim
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/06/10/emma-watson-to-study-at-oxford-university-after-quitting-brown-115875-23191223/

AAAHHH :love: I'm so jelous of people at Worcester!! Is it possible to move college? :colondollar:

I think just about everyone is jealous of people at Worcester.
My first reaction when my friend brought the papers and said "Look who's going to be starting with you in Oxford" was: "Yaaaay, I'm gonna be best friends with Emma Watson."

My friend than shattered my hopes by saying "Yea, you're not the only one who's dreaming of that."
:ashamed2:
Original post by jenny18
Any chance of being added to the Oxford Offer holders list?

jenny18, English, Lincoln.

I like the way this thread is called 'Offer holders'. It's exciting enough to be exciting, whilst not being the, possibly luck testing over confident 'incoming class'. That's why I'm loathe to join the facebook group. What if I end up not being in the 'incoming class'?

Scuttles off to revise.

I've been doing trying to only say that I have an offer/not joining anything certain, but it's so hard not to just think "I'm going to Oxford!!"

Original post by soutioirsim

Choosing English seems good now, at least I can tell people I do the same course as Emma Watson :biggrin: as if Oxford doesn't sound cool enough already...
Original post by zigzog7
Do we have any engineers here?

Hollaaaaaaaaaa! :biggrin:
(That's a yes)
I see your offer is for Wadham :smile: I had my second interview there, it's very pretty but the tutors scared me...
Original post by I eat poo
anyone offer for st hugh's?x

Me! To read History :-) what's your subject?
Am I the only one glad that I won't be at the same college as Emma Watson? Nothing against her personally, but I kinda feel like it'd add a layer of complexity to the social situation at the college which I'd just rather do without.

I'm sure in practise everyone would get used to it pretty quickly and it wouldn't matter most of the time, but still.

I also wonder if she's on TSR, and reads this thread
Original post by LtCommanderData
Am I the only one glad that I won't be at the same college as Emma Watson? Nothing against her personally, but I kinda feel like it'd add a layer of complexity to the social situation at the college which I'd just rather do without.

I'm sure in practise everyone would get used to it pretty quickly and it wouldn't matter most of the time, but still.

View profile: im so academic :wink:
Reply 1627
Original post by LtCommanderData

For some reason I think she has better things to do, lool. Also, hasn't she done her A-Levels? So doesn't need to be cooped up indoors anyways revising, she's basically on hols.

She is going to get hit on sooooo much next year, haha.
Original post by Sakildo
For some reason I think she has better things to do, lool. Also, hasn't she done her A-Levels? So doesn't need to be cooped up indoors anyways revising, she's basically on hols.

She is going to get hit on sooooo much next year, haha.

Someone made a point on another thread: will she be a first year? Somewhere it says that there's a scheme with Brown which would mean she would actually be entering her third year at Oxford? :confused:

Also I doubt she'll live in college...
Original post by Sakildo
For some reason I think she has better things to do, lool.

I'm pretty sure we all have better things we could be doing than TSR (revising, for one :tongue:)
Reply 1630
Original post by shinobi93
I've been doing trying to only say that I have an offer/not joining anything certain, but it's so hard not to just think "I'm going to Oxford!!"

Choosing English seems good now, at least I can tell people I do the same course as Emma Watson :biggrin: as if Oxford doesn't sound cool enough already...

Here I totally agree with you. This is how the discussion goes normally.

Interested Friend: Where are you going to uni?
Me: Possibly, fingers crossed, if I get the grades, if I'm really lucky, if nothing goes ludicrously wrong, then, in a perfect world...Oxford.

That's me on a good day when I'm feeling fairly confident.:redface:
Original post by jenny18

Me: Possibly, fingers crossed, if I get the grades, if I'm really lucky, if nothing goes ludicrously wrong, then, in a perfect world...Oxford.

Damn, sorry - I meant to positive-rep you :colondollar: Get me back if you want :biggrin:
Original post by jenny18

Ahahaha, yeah, I do this.
Original post by BeritV
I miss our closed thread already and so I had to make this thread.

Discuss anything at all, just like we did in our previous thread. :smile:

All of you, join here and may this thread be the new favourite tread for all the Oxford lovers :-)

Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
- if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)

Oxford Offer Holders list:

Spoiler

List of offer holder Facebook groups (courtesy of Cynthialf):

Spoiler

chuck me on for physics @ ChCh
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by BeritV
I miss our closed thread already and so I had to make this thread.

Discuss anything at all, just like we did in our previous thread. :smile:

All of you, join here and may this thread be the new favourite tread for all the Oxford lovers :-)

Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
- if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)

Oxford Offer Holders list:

Spoiler

List of offer holder Facebook groups (courtesy of Cynthialf):

Spoiler

Add me for engineering at Wadham pls
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1635
Original post by mcgovernjon

Original post by mcgovernjon
Damn, sorry - I meant to positive-rep you :colondollar: Get me back if you want :biggrin:

Never mind. I'll probably be making a similar mistake sometime in the future. Which college and subject are you (possibly, let's not jinx ourselves now, we're doing really well) going for?

You probably have already said, but that would require not being scared by technology and a basic ability to scan back across threads.
Reply 1636
Hey everyone,

I promise that once exams are done I'll update the list of offer holders (even if it may take hours and hours) but right now I can't really do it:frown: Hang in there, 10 more days.
Reply 1637
Original post by BeritV
Hey everyone,

I promise that once exams are done I'll update the list of offer holders (even if it may take hours and hours) but right now I can't really do it:frown: Hang in there, 10 more days.

Apparently I've repped you already, sorry. But lots of kudos for not giving it up long ago. :p:
Reply 1638
Original post by BeritV
Hey everyone,

You put us to shame! :colondollar:
Reply 1639
Original post by Lucius
You put us to shame! :colondollar:

:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending