The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

I hate the fact ocr make out you gotta know all the detailed stuff..and then they go off and focus their attention on the smallest section which dont tell you much in the first place..why cant they stick to the specification...or STOP WRITING ONE..i feel sooo annoyed..i cud barely answer the questions from the first pages...wot happened to pcr, genome sequencing, muscles...wot a joke!..i slogged my guts for this paper n for what just to be cheated!..im well annoyed
Reply 3081
Is there anyone else who just CBA to revise for other exams?
its like the more effort you put in, the worse it is!!! OCR has lead me to several breakdowns in the past and I just feel its ETHICALLY wrong to expect 17-18 year olds to reach their potential when the examiner is OUT TO GET us all.
shame on humanity!
Will I get a mark for filling my name in on the front because I need all the marks I can get :smile:
Original post by Haly
ok but really.. people who thought this paper went really well are probably not going to be writing on this thread so we cant be sure by just looking at the people on this thread that the boundaries will be low

it could be that a lot of people also thought the paper was really good but are not commenting on this thread..

I go to an insanely academic school, like majority of people are geniuses, and about 4 of them were crying when the exam was finished. Everyone I spoke to put different answers for almost everything, didn't understand what the questions were asking, ran out of time etc. I'm pretty sure if this happened at my school, it would have happened everywhere else. PLEASE GOD, LOW GRADE BOUNDARIES PLEEASE.
Reply 3084
Original post by Hongieee
In the first question about the nitrogen cycle, and there were arrows pointing to Humus, did anyone else think of food straight away or was it just me?

yaaa lol I assumed it was ground/soil/**** lol
Reply 3085
Original post by casiogeek
Okay i really need to stop looking at this thread. its scaring me even more D:

I know right, now I'm mortified I probably won't get into uni now :frown:. I can bare the thought of repeating another year :angry:
Original post by Iheartnerds
I go to an insanely academic school, like majority of people are geniuses, and about 4 of them were crying when the exam was finished. Everyone I spoke to put different answers for almost everything, didn't understand what the questions were asking, ran out of time etc. I'm pretty sure if this happened at my school, it would have happened everywhere else. PLEASE GOD, LOW GRADE BOUNDARIES PLEEASE.

Most people at my college seemed pretty happy with it.

It wasn't particularly hard, just annoyingly about ecology.

Original post by susan23

Pretty much. It's where the material has broken down as much as possible.
WAIT A SEC

The hedgehog question mentioned eggs being eaten >.< Dammit I never saw that anywhere. I just talked about interspecific competition for food and nesting sites. The overlapping niches and compared 2 values. **** **** ****

:frown:
Original post by 786girl
Is there anyone else who just CBA to revise for other exams?
its like the more effort you put in, the worse it is!!! OCR has lead me to several breakdowns in the past and I just feel its ETHICALLY wrong to expect 17-18 year olds to reach their potential when the examiner is OUT TO GET us all.
shame on humanity!

Make us all fail this year = resits next year = have to pay for resit out of education = more money for OCR

More applications for university next year by resit applicants = £9000 fee everywhere = more money for government = more money for OCR
Original post by susan23

Im surprised you haven't heard of humus? Practically my whole Bio class got over than in GCSE :P And yes it is soil, more specifically the dead organic matter in soil i think.
Original post by Medifield
WAIT A SEC

The hedgehog question mentioned eggs being eaten >.< Dammit I never saw that anywhere. I just talked about interspecific competition for food and nesting sites. The overlapping niches and compared 2 values. **** **** ****

:frown:

What did you put for the other thing then? :P Reasons why the hedgehogs had been allowed to grow to such a large population?
Reply 3091
If they lower the grade boundaries for this exam, does that mean they lower it for the whole Alevel grade too ? Otherwise it doesn't make much of a difference.
Original post by mortysteve
What did you put for the other thing then? :P Reasons why the hedgehogs had been allowed to grow to such a large population?

Do you mean the question about the ethics of the hedgehogs?
Meh, twas ok
Original post by thepwince
Im surprised you haven't heard of humus? Practically my whole Bio class got over than in GCSE :P And yes it is soil, more specifically the dead organic matter in soil i think.

For the question about the 3 stop codons it asked for the triplet code and not the name of the amino acids right....
Reply 3096
I put kite diagram for the lady bird thing :-P
Original post by amyyy24
Make us all fail this year = resits next year = have to pay for resit out of education = more money for OCR

More applications for university next year by resit applicants = £9000 fee everywhere = more money for government = more money for OCR

It's like the nitrogen cycle they bloody gave us!!
Reply 3098
Guys, it WASN'T a particularly hard paper. Basically, we didn't need to revise for it which is the annoying thing. A lot was just application. Don't worry about it, it could have been so much worse!
Reply 3099
Original post by Wor Carroll
For the question about the 3 stop codons it asked for the triplet code and not the name of the amino acids right....

Stop codons don't have an amino acid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending