The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
one piece 485

Spoiler

EDIT: Up to 490 now, ...it's over at last:sad:, thinking this would be a good place to leave it ...wouldnt want to get stuck into an arc and have to wait for it every week :s: ...though I may aswell catch up with it to say that "I caught up with one piece after 500 episodes :proud:" :beard: we'll see. Though Ive liked taking my time with it, leaving it for months then watching an arc very quickly. :hmmmm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Ohana :puppyeyes:

Ano Hana 9 :puppyeyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ArchedEdge
Guys, can anyone suggest a more mature "fantasy" anime in regards to it still being one with people with superpowers/fighting with swords/fists etc, but one where they're not afraid to kill enemies and show it?

I'm watching through One Piece but at points it's just far too optimistic and happy....I want something darker. :p:

Berserk.

AJ, huge congratulations! :biggrin: You definitely deserve that. I tend to keep my opinions offline, so I haven't a chance in hell of being spotted... do you think it would be worth me writing in? It'd be crazy fun to try something similar for manga, but maybe that's not what they'd be after?

Thank god for Firefox spotting typos. The dog was walking around in circles on my lap for most of this post, and she's not an especially small dog.

- Pips
Original post by Pippin4242
AJ, huge congratulations! :biggrin: You definitely deserve that. I tend to keep my opinions offline, so I haven't a chance in hell of being spotted... do you think it would be worth me writing in? It'd be crazy fun to try something similar for manga, but maybe that's not what they'd be after?

Their 'Join the Team' page asks for news writers (guessing you'd need to know Japanese for that, as opposed to copy-pasting ANN like we do here :p:), reviewers of series streaming at Anime On Demand (they were quite specific about that site, supporting the UK industry and all), cosplay article writers, and the rather vague 'article contributor', which asks for 'interesting and well-written articles with the theme of anime and manga in mind'.

Since they contacted me, I basically told them what I was willing to offer for the site (i.e none of the above, unless it falls under article contributor), leaving it up to them. So yeah, not sure if you want to try anyway, but having looked at the site I'm not expecting them to take me up on my offer. :nah:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hmmmm. I'm far from a professional cosplayer, but... that has its charms?

(racks brain, writes application_

- Pips
Reply 1165
That Anime picks site does seem very mainstream :tongue: and their events seem to be only expo focused :hmmm: Though the UK focus of their reviews and first impressions is understandable enough.

Ive been looking more at the characters section on AP. I didnt know Char Aznable was also the voice of Shanks.:puppyeyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1166
Argh, Crunchyroll and its adverts. >.< It seems to be worse now. :frown: I can't even get in the mood while watching a dramatic scene. XD

Gintama episode 212
, reminding you that it's difficult to read subtitles while crying. :cry:
Shinpachi's line were the ones that really triggered those throat lumping moments.
Got to rush this now, because my little brother would like his Mac back, but this is what I sent them as a sample column. :3

Spoiler

- Pips
Got to rush this now, because my little brother would like his Mac back, but this is what I sent them as a sample column. :3

Spoiler

- Pips

I like it, a lot! :biggrin: Good luck with the application!

I just received a reply myself - apparently they only want 'bang up to date anime', which is fair enough for a small site. They said I could submit a one-off article about a specific genre if I wanted to, but I wouldn't know where to begin with just 700 words, so I think I'll decline.
Original post by eugenius 8
Ohana :puppyeyes:

Ano Hana 9 :puppyeyes:

I take it you liked the new Ano Hana episode?
I got the column. :biggrin:

Thanks, AJ! I definitely wouldn't have heard about that if it wasn't for you. :tongue:

- Pips
I got the column. :biggrin:

Thanks, AJ! I definitely wouldn't have heard about that if it wasn't for you. :tongue:

- Pips

That is amazing news. :biggrin: The cosplay part of the site is particularly lacking articles at the moment, so your contributions are bound to be of value!

Just finished downloading Valkyria Chronicles, after liking the first episode when it was shown in Aberanime earlier this year. :smile:
up to date with Kaiji now, good Chinchiro arc that :yep:

Snake Eyes :sexface:

now The Bog :sexface:

cant get enough of that ED :dance: :awesome:

Original post by HolyFuzazzle
I take it you liked the new Ano Hana episode?

twas pretty good :yep: but last few eps havent been as good as the first few :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by eugenius 8

twas pretty good :yep: but last few eps havent been as good as the first few :s-smilie:

Yeah thats what I was thinking... =/ I was so into it in the first few eps and I'm still into it but I just think it couldda been done better

Spoiler

Reply 1174
urgh this one piece torriko special :hmpf: ...also it makes me hungry:dry:

AP lists it as separate to one piece but the site I get it off listed it as ep 492, and then some other posts there say that it is 492 and not separate:confused:
Original post by vin
urgh this one piece torriko special :hmpf: ...also it makes me hungry:dry:

AP lists it as separate to one piece but the site I get it off listed it as ep 492, and then some other posts there say that it is 492 and not separate:confused:

Actually, A-P lets you mark the Toriko x One Piece special three times; firstly as a separate episode, secondly as episode 492 of One Piece, and thirdly as episode 1 of Toriko. :yes:
Reply 1176
Do any of you guys watch Hanasaku Iroha?

Btw I'm new here :tongue:
I grew up watching anime but my favourite of all time has to be detective conan .. I LOVE IT
I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard it spoken of well here. Welcome! :biggrin: Is that an Oreimo avatar I spy? (Nobody's recognised mine yet!)

- Pips
Reply 1179
Original post by Anime
Do any of you guys watch Hanasaku Iroha?

Btw I'm new here :tongue:

Hi Anime

Welcome to the Anime Society!

...Wait we're a society devoted to you? :giggle:

Original post by HanaKimi
I grew up watching anime but my favourite of all time has to be detective conan .. I LOVE IT

Haven't seen you around

Welcome to the thread too :smile:

I'm still finishing downloading 115gbs of Conan. Can't wait to start :colone:

I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard it spoken of well here. Welcome! :biggrin: Is that an Oreimo avatar I spy? (Nobody's recognised mine yet!)

- Pips

I can hardly see it :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest