The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harmonic Minor
In other words, democracy isn't a 'well thought out ideology'.

Try reading the thread. Democracy isn't just following the will of the majority. Not in any meaningful sense.

Pray tell, what is a 'well thought out' ideology? Multiculturalism? Internationalism?

Well, constitutional liberalism, for starters.

You would think that it would be pertinent to take into consideration the general will of the vast majority of the population when formulating future immigration policy, don't you think?

The argument was against "If the majority of the people do not understand, then the policy will change to fit their opinions.". This should not be a method of formulating public policy.
Original post by ForeverIsMyName
Try reading the thread. Democracy isn't just following the will of the majority. Not in any meaningful sense.

Well, surely in its most basic principle, it is. I'm not literally arguing that the opinions of the majority should always dictate government policy. But I'd like to reiterate that disregarding the will of the majority, and instead consciously pursuing an immigration policy which threatens to turn them into a minority against their will within several decades, is hardly a recipe for social tranquility.

The argument was against "If the majority of the people do not understand, then the policy will change to fit their opinions.". This should not be a method of formulating public policy.

Could you explain what you mean by 'the majority of people do not understand'?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 462
The other fact of the matter is, regardless of skin colour. We don't want more immigrants.
This isn't racist and I am British Asian.
Original post by Aj12
No they are not. Its a natural human instinct to on the whole be against change. Look how ethnic minorities in many cases live in communities together

Most ethnic minorities I know are in interracial marriages.
Reply 465
Original post by Sharpshooter
Most ethnic minorities I know are in interracial marriages.

Agreed same for me. This is much more so than it probably was 10-20 years ago, and will increase again in the next 5-10 years. It's the way the world is going, Intra-race relationships will be a rarity eventually. :biggrin:
Original post by Potential Trigger
This isn't racist and I am British Asian.

Well exactly. Because ethnic Japanese would not wish to become minorities in Japan, or ethnic Pakistanis in Pakistan, or Indians in India, and so on. But of course there is no danger of any of this happening. And it's only considered racist because only white people can be guilty of racism. I imagine that ethnic minorities probably understand, and it's actually the white political leftist elite who wish to downplay demographics as a point of their virtue.
73% of Daily Mail readers, not quite the same as 73% of the British is it. :rolleyes:

Basically what this tells us is that most Daily Mail readers are racist. Not exactly groudbreaking stuff.
Original post by Gnobe
Agreed same for me. This is much more so than it probably was 10-20 years ago, and will increase again in the next 5-10 years. It's the way the world is going, Intra-race relationships will be a rarity eventually. :biggrin:

Where are these statistics from? I believe that the statistic for Asian ethnic minorities (which includes Muslim and Sikhs) marrying only within their own communities is close to 99%.

Asian immigrants are actually proving highly resistant to normal assimilation patterns, and I think this will cause big problems in the future. As Ed west writes, 'for sectarianism to flourish all you need to do is import a large number of people with what sociologist Enest Gellner called “counter-entropic” traits differences of identity that stop people intermarrying. Race is one such trait, but religion is a far stronger one, with British Muslims (and Sikhs and Hindus for that matter) all more than 90 per cent likely to marry within their own religious and ethnic groups.'

And in any case, why would it be a good thing for the whole world to become one giant melting pot? I am astounded by the fact that it is often those rampant diversophiles who make this assertion, despite the fact that this would effectively destroy any and all diversity. Of course, almost nothing the left do or say makes any sense to any rational observer, as I've been saying over and over again since joining these forums.
Original post by Harmonic Minor
Well exactly. Because ethnic Japanese would not wish to become minorities in Japan, or ethnic Pakistanis in Pakistan, or Indians in India, and so on. But of course there is no danger of any of this happening. And it's only considered racist because only white people can be guilty of racism. I imagine that ethnic minorities probably understand, and it's actually the white political leftist elite who wish to downplay demographics as a point of their virtue.

That's probably true. White people have gone full circle tbh. From the slavery period to left wing.
Original post by Potential Trigger
That's probably true. White people have gone full circle tbh. From the slavery period to left wing.

That's good. :smile: Most people I know are left wing and want this.
I'm white I go to a college where beeing white is the minority.

Do I have a problem with it ? no , not at all. You learn alot about peoples cultures when in a diverse community.

I thought these days the word racist were no existant well they definatly are where i'm from seeing as no one cares about where you're from or you're colour it's about the person you are.
DAILY MAIL.

I wouldn't be unhappy as such if we became a white minority state, but I would rather it stayed mixed.
Original post by Rascacielos
DAILY MAIL.

I wouldn't be unhappy as such if we became a white minority state, but I would rather it stayed mixed.

Eh what's that suppose to mean??

I personally think it's ridiculous that Britain is around 88% white. Far far too high, if we want a diverse country we need to bring that number down, no one is saying white people need to be extinct, but they are in too great a number in this country that's for definite.

I would love a mixed race britain, it probably wont happen fully, but we can get close to it. It's strange why I've gotten so many negative reps, considering outside the dailymail poll most probably would support Briton being mixed race majority. That I'm absolutely definite of. :smile:
Reply 474
Eh what's that suppose to mean??

I personally think it's ridiculous that Britain is around 88% white. Far far too high, if we want a diverse country we need to bring that number down, no one is saying white people need to be extinct, but they are in too great a number in this country that's for definite.

I would love a mixed race britain, it probably wont happen fully, but we can get close to it. It's strange why I've gotten so many negative reps, considering outside the dailymail poll most probably would support Briton being mixed race majority. That I'm absolutely definite of. :smile:

White people are the minority in the world in terms of population, just saying.

If you'd be happy with a mixed race majority, you'd also be happy with every Chinese & Indian person breeding to have Mixed race babies or every Arabian and Black person breeding and having mixed race babies, and then the people of those mixes breeding and having mixed race babies.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by No Man
White people are the minority in the world in terms of population, just saying.

Yep, so why not in Britain? :smile:

No Man
If you'd be happy with a mixed race majority, you'd also be happy with every Chinese & Indian person breeding to have Mixed race babies or every Arabian and Black person breeding and having mixed race babies, and then the people of those mixes breeding and having mixed race babies.

Yep, no problem. I don't force mixed race marriages, but I do think it would happen if we had a sufficient number of ethnic minorities anyway. I mean lets be honest, the majority of white women would prefer a black man over a white men given the choices in today's world (stereotype but it does seem to quite true). If we had enough black men we easily have white minority tomorrow. Get 6 million men from Jamaica and the numbers of mixed race children would skyrocket.

The 2001 census showed the country was 92.1%, in 2011 it should be 88%-88.5%, so that's a 4 percent drop (It would have been at least 5% if it hadn't been for the a8/a12 european countries). But we know that a large number of eastern europeans aren't here forever and have a poor birth rate anyway (only 1.25 in places like Slovakia). So we could have a white minority here eventually, whether it happens in my lifetime I don't know but lets hope it does.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 476
I would be unhappy if whites become the minority, same way as I think Japan should stay majority Japanese rather than diverse.

Can't believe some people think we should bring more immigrants for the sole reason of reducing the native white population...If that isn't racism then I don't know what is, yet because its aimed at white people then its fine?

I don't want a ****ing diverse country, I want this country to maintain its culture and Britishness. Unfortunately, with the mass immigration of the past decade that is slowly eroding away our society. Why is it that the west needs to become more diverse etc whilst everywhere else doesn't?

Yep, so why not in Britain? :smile:

Yep, no problem. I don't force mixed race marriages, but I do think it would happen if we had a sufficient number of ethnic minorities anyway. I mean lets be honest, the majority of white women would prefer a black man over a white men given the choices in today's world (stereotype but it does seem to quite true). If we had enough black men we easily have white minority tomorrow. Get 6 million men from Jamaica and the numbers of mixed race children would skyrocket.

Europe should stay predominantly white as it has always been. The majority do not want a mixed Britain, we want a white majority. So the policies should revolve around what the majority of its citizens want.

The only white women that prefer blacks are the fat ones, as we know all blacks love fat women.

If you think its ridiculous that Britain is too white, then what about Africa being 99% black? or the Far East being Asian & Middle East as Arabs and Latin America with latinos? How about changing those first, they won't like it but ****ing hippies and minorities thinking they know best...

Such a hypocrite as you said

It's clear that white Britain is still quite racist. This is supposed to be good thing for the country for christ sake!

You call people racist because they don't want their country completely changing thousands of years of being a white country, but you're not a racist for wanting white population to decrease entirely...
(edited 12 years ago)
I think that white people are one of the rarest and most beautiful people on the planet. The rest of the entire planet is brown. We are a tiny minority that shares many unique features such as differant eye colour and hair colour etc.

I think it is tragic to want to turn our beautiful white race brown. Race mixing destroys our beautiful white aesthetics and degrades our appearance.

I want my people, ethnciity, country and society to stay white and beautiful. Not brown like 99% of the world.
Reply 478
Original post by No Man

Well that's the way the world is heading anyway and you would be stupid enough enough not to admit it.
Original post by Native To Scotland
I think that white people are one of the rarest and most beautiful people on the planet. The rest of the entire planet is brown. We are a tiny minority that shares many unique features such as differant eye colour and hair colour etc.

I think it is tragic to want to turn our beautiful white race brown. Race mixing destroys our beautiful white aesthetics and degrades our appearance.

I want my people, ethnciity, country and society to stay white and beautiful. Not brown like 99% of the world.

So you want people to look like Andy Murray?

I'm assuming this a joke post?

Latest

Trending

Trending