I want 50% atleast.

I know I got these wrong...

First two questions, out of the 5 i got like 2 or 3

Tissue culture, I missed out 2 steps, but not sure, probably 5/6 marks

questions on the bird things and the ladybirds, lost around 6 marks

lost a mark on hardy wienerberg

other stuff, 10 - 15 marks

that's a potential 35 wrong.. so 65/100 :/

I'd be happy with 50%, which I PRAY is a B ...ahhh. No point worrying now, need to nail the F214!!

Mate surely 65/100 is an A no?
So do they drop the grade boundaries for this particular exam? Other pages won't load and I got told they do, is this right? And how are people feeling about it? :smile:
Just sent an e-mail to BBC news... about this paper.. hopefully they will include it in news.
Reply 3343
considering last years grade boundaries, i dont think they will rise at all, so people should be looking for 60/100 in that paper I reckon, according to my teacher afterwards for the A that is
Original post by Jayson
i thought id be critical and calculate all the marks that i lost certainly.
ended up with about 42 certain marks i got ...
i need 70 UMS for a C so that would be 35 marks or so? right...

46 out of 100 gives you 70 UMS(depends on the grade boundary),so you should be safe.
Reply 3345
Original post by Soloman

Doesnt that just show how f*cked up OCR and the exam system is. Instead of actually making the exams realistic, and making exams actually possible to pass, they instead make the grade boundary for an A, an A!! - 60-65%.

The people at OCR defo got e's or d's in their subjects - or A's by our standards today.
Reply 3346
Original post by Soloman

I hope so, can't afford another year out :frown:

But "if" 65 is an A, then the range of 53-65 is grades like E-A, so it's a small window of oppurtunity I think :s-smilie: ahh, I need to chill, Chem on Wednesday.. :|
Reply 3347
Original post by TheDubs
Doesnt that just show how f*cked up OCR and the exam system is. Instead of actually making the exams realistic, and making exams actually possible to pass, they instead make the grade boundary for an A, an A!! - 60-65%.

The people at OCR defo got e's or d's in their subjects - or A's by our standards today.

Couldnt agree more, so messed up, shocking tbh
It seems like OCR wanted to give a gift to us all...and they sure did with one to remember!
Reply 3349
Original post by gradu
I hope so, can't afford another year out :frown:

But "if" 65 is an A, then the range of 53-65 is grades like E-A, so it's a small window of oppurtunity I think :s-smilie: ahh, I need to chill, Chem on Wednesday.. :|

Chemistry exam? Don't.. over react :colondollar: :biggrin: gahhh i need to get out of this dark basement
Reply 3350
If they did decide to raise the grade boundaries I dont think they would/are allowed to raise it by 5 or so marks surely??
Reply 3351
Original post by ibysaiyan
46 out of 100 gives you 70 UMS(depends on the grade boundary),so you should be safe.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_56047_admin_unit_level_raw_mark.pdf
75 ums for 42 raw marks in f215
Original post by ibysaiyan

You didn't do this paper right? Take a look at the paper, what do you think?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57771557?secret_password=us1rkds87fp9rxnkn2p

Also you're a girl :O ?!?
Reply 3353
I think everyone should chill out now. The exam is over, youve done and tried your best and you will get your firms. The examiners will consider the response of the emails and the exams, especially the chief examiner and im sure he's going to get pissed off lol at the paper aswell, so were predicted low grade boundaries. (hopefully)

Now for chemistry on wednesday :P
Reply 3354
Original post by Soloman
If they did decide to raise the grade boundaries I dont think they would/are allowed to raise it by 5 or so marks surely??

It changes by a ridiculous amount. A's are normally 80% plus but due to how the exam population does in the subject, it could potentially rise to 90% or lower to 60/65% as it has been for the past two years.
Reply 3355
Original post by TheDubs
It changes by a ridiculous amount. A's are normally 80% plus but due to how the exam population does in the subject, it could potentially rise to 90% or lower to 60/65% as it has been for the past two years.

Really!! thats so stupid. I reckon the exam was fairly on par with jan 2011 so wouldnt be suprised if they either keep it same or raise it by few marks, does that seem viable?
True story: I found a hedgehog a few days ago rustling under my fir tree at 10pm whilst revising biology in the garden.

Little did I know that this hedgehog was a foreshadow of what was yet to pass.
Reply 3357
Original post by Soloman
Really!! thats so stupid. I reckon the exam was fairly on par with jan 2011 so wouldnt be suprised if they either keep it same or raise it by few marks, does that seem viable?

Based on this it could be around 60 or 70% (I hope, sweet jesus i hope!)

I really don't get why this systems in place, surely it would be easier to, i dunno, actually make the exams realistic, offer questions from all sections of the syllabus not just one section, and don't ask vague questions about focking hedgehogs!! If they did this they wouldnt have to try and alter the grade boundaries to make up for accidentally making exams too hard or too easy. This meddling around cost me an A in my overall science GCSE 2 years back and i got a B instead (79.88%)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Students-against-the-F215-GCE-Biology-June-2011-paper/225705074124228

everyone like this!!! btw i didnt make it haha just getting the publicity up :wink:
Reply 3359
Original post by Crazydavy
True story: I found a hedgehog a few days ago rustling under my fir tree at 10pm whilst revising biology in the garden.

Little did I know that this hedgehog was a foreshadow of what was yet to pass.

Interesting, you should assess the situation and ask yourself, should you

a) bring the hedgehog away from the area

b) put the hedgehog in a cage indefinatly!

c) Kill the hedgehog and what it represents to thousands of students

Oh, but you must consider the ethical consequences of your actions first. Sit down and provide a vague focking answer to yourself, it usually gets more marks that a logical answer by the looks of it!! (OCR :angry: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending