Scroll to see replies

Try a shower instead. :smile:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by ProudScottish
Try a shower instead. :smile:

Beat me to it D:
Yeah it's epic, you go there and instead of showers they have massive unisex roman baths.
Reply 4
Ignoring the stupid comments, yes Bath is a good university. It's in a lovely place and the university does continuously well each year.
It's supposed to be a top uni. I don't know what its like to study there, but from what I've seen of it looks like a S***hole! It's all 60's lumps of concrete. It was originally built as some sort of technical college so I guess that explains it! The TV show "Campus" was set there apparently.

The City of Bath, however is beautiful!
Reply 6
Of course its important to bathe everyday! Stupid/pointless thread. :colonhash:
Original post by ultimate mashup
It's supposed to be a top uni. I don't know what its like to study there, but from what I've seen of it looks like a S***hole! It's all 60's lumps of concrete. It was originally built as some sort of technical college so I guess that explains it! The TV show "Campus" was set there apparently.

The old buildings are horrible. But the new ones are really nice.
And no, it wasn't built as a technical college. The universities history is as a technical college, but the campus at Claverton Down was only built when the idea of Bath having a university was considered.
And yes the city is amazing.
Original post by BorninFinland
Thinking of applying next year. :smile:

it's well renowned and very aesthetically pleasing
i applied and got an offer and seriously considered it.
what are you applying for though? their offers range considerably from BBB-A*AA
Original post by ultimate mashup

Is Bath an ex Poly-Tech??
Original post by whattheheck
Is Bath an ex Poly-Tech??

No its not an ex-polytechnic. Ex-poly's are the ones that received uni status in 1992 like Greenwich, Brighton, Huddersfield etc. Bath received uni status in the 1960's. It did used to be a technical college before this though, same goes for Loughborough uni.
(edited 12 years ago)
It's a very good university, I personally wasn't fond of the campus but I know people who love it. All down to personal taste really. Lovely city, anyway.
Depends by what criteria you are judging it.

It means nothing to say it is "good".
Reply 13
Depends on what subject you're wanting to do - are you looking at the University of Bath or Bath Spa University?

I've lived in Bath all my life, so feel free to ask questions about the city itself :smile:
Original post by Annie038
Depends on what subject you're wanting to do - are you looking at the University of Bath or Bath Spa University?

I've lived in Bath all my life, so feel free to ask questions about the city itself :smile:

Hi, please, would it be okay if I inboxed you some questions about Bath?
I'm currently studying in Bath and believe it to be a really good university. Feel free to message me for any specific details
The sports facilities are amazingg. That's the one thing that really stood out when I visited. (Applied there this year and will probably be my insurance).
Reply 17
Original post by FrozenFlower
Hi, please, would it be okay if I inboxed you some questions about Bath?

Go for it :smile:
And OP, I don't know what course you're thinking of but generally it's really good for pretty much everything. For example maths, it's #5 in the country, everyone got A*AA and still finds the course a challenge.
Socially, it's awesome - really friendly, very metropolitan and not pretentious (sure you get the Jack Wills and rugby brigade, but they're still all pretty nice!) and a decent nightlife. I'd recommend it to anyone.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
I have an unconditional from birmingham uni and an interview at bath for chemistry. i dont really want to go to the interview as i really liked birmingham bt on here people seem to choose bath over brimingham.

if in my position would you choose bath over birmingham and if so why?

Quick Reply

Latest