The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level Geography - Unit 3 Pre-release topic

Scroll to see replies

Don't forget everyone, relations between Libya and the West have THAWED in recent years. :wink:
Reply 361
Original post by TheRockMaster
Hey guys.....I am currently in the process of answering a question which if people would like I would post on here?

yes please! :smile:
Reply 362
Hey guys, I've attached a 72 slide revision powerpoint I've made for the synoptic topic, sorry I'm attaching it today, my requested ban was only lifted today :p:
Hope you find it useful :p:
Using named examples, assess the role of different players and decision makers in trying to secure a sustainable ‘water future. (15)

Anyone up for giving some guidance on this?
Reply 364
How would you plan:

to what extent is establishing tourism in the Maghreb region sustainable? (12mks)

thank you :smile:
How would you go about answering:

Examine the role played by different players in the Maghreb?
Reply 366
Original post by Enjolras22
Using named examples, assess the role of different players and decision makers in trying to secure a sustainable ‘water future. (15)

Anyone up for giving some guidance on this?

international scale: IMF, WB - fund mega projects on an international scale - tend to be top down in developing countries therefore could be argued as a lack of sustainability towards their approach.

national level - governments - provide strategic direction eg. installing water meters in an all new build properties making individuals more responsible for personal usage. They may sponsor large scale developments eg Spain's Ebro River Transfer, transfer to supply tourism in South, but how now been scrapped for more localised schemes such as desalinisation.
China South/North transfer - to secure supply to heavily industrialised north from a rural south

local scale - NGO's eg WaterAid in Bangladesh providing hand pumps from city mains supply
individuals - in developing countries securing personal supply
Consumers - installing water saving devices in homes eg. two-flush water system in toilets
Reply 367
Original post by just :)
How would you plan:

to what extent is establishing tourism in the Maghreb region sustainable? (12mks)

thank you :smile:

I answered this question on page 18 already for you
Reply 368
Original post by kingoftv
I answered this question on page 18 already for you

Thank you! I hadn't realised i put up the same question lol :smile:
Reply 369
Original post by billiethekid

I would start by talking about the region and how there are different players and talk about 5.

1) Plan Azur--> trying to attract tourists-how-airport, resort,5*hotels
2) WFF--> trying to keep the biodiversity
3)UNESCO--> protect the world heritage sites
4) Consumers-->being attracted to the area
5)IMF/WORLD BANK-HIPC for Mauritannia
6)GOVs- how to economically grow
7) Unions to help facilitate trade-AMU, GAFTA
Reply 370
Original post by F.I
Hey guys, I've attached a 72 slide revision powerpoint I've made for the synoptic topic, sorry I'm attaching it today, my requested ban was only lifted today :p:
Hope you find it useful :p:

This is amazing! I am eternally grateful to you!
F.I

When I try and download your Powerpoint presentation it just says "unknown time remaining" and won't go further than 228kb

On firefox if that helps

Why is this fail?
Reply 372

Different players:
African development bank- funds projects for example expanding the SNIM owned iron ore mine in Mauritania, gave 500 million to Tunisia as lost 40% of tourism revenue and 60% fdi since jan 11

BRICS- Chinese companies secured 80% of recent infrastructure projects in Algeria, India has a license to look for oil in Libya getting 18% of future production resulting from its findings, China invested in car manufacturing + training centres in Algeria creating 4,000 jobs

SNC lavalin (company) built transfer project from Taksebt dam to Algiers and has been awarded similar projects in the past (12.5km of tunnel to provide irrigation to agricultural areas)

Theres just some but UN, other funding sources such as the world bank etc are all ones to throw in
Original post by nlmeeson
Different players:
African development bank- funds projects for example expanding the SNIM owned iron ore mine in Mauritania, gave 500 million to Tunisia as lost 40% of tourism revenue and 60% fdi since jan 11

BRICS- Chinese companies secured 80% of recent infrastructure projects in Algeria, India has a license to look for oil in Libya getting 18% of future production resulting from its findings, China invested in car manufacturing + training centres in Algeria creating 4,000 jobs

SNC lavalin (company) built transfer project from Taksebt dam to Algiers and has been awarded similar projects in the past (12.5km of tunnel to provide irrigation to agricultural areas)

Theres just some but UN, other funding sources such as the world bank etc are all ones to throw in

wow that's an incredible amount of information, thanks
Reply 374
wow that's an incredible amount of information, thanks

Thats alright I didn't think there was much in the pack so I did a bit of research haha good luck for tomorrow everyone!
Reply 375
Well i'll be up all night then
Its the big day...
Good luck everyone!

Hope we are gona get the expected questions for the synoptic
Reply 378
Good luck all, we have all worked so hard and I cant thank enough how greatful I am for everyones help
Reply 379
Good Luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending