The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
M2 :biggrin:

Haha, I take it it went well for you?

Had C4 (againnnn) and Biology today.

Biology was a beast, but no surprises there. Soo many questions I didn't have a clue about or think I wrote enough for 2 out of 3 or something :/
C4 was fine, but I don't think it went much better than last time, but thats fine. No matter what happens, I have an A in Maths :biggrin:
M2 :biggrin:

Did you ace it like a boss :smug:
Original post by twelve
Haha, I take it it went well for you?

Had C4 (againnnn) and Biology today.

Biology was a beast, but no surprises there. Soo many questions I didn't have a clue about or think I wrote enough for 2 out of 3 or something :/
C4 was fine, but I don't think it went much better than last time, but thats fine. No matter what happens, I have an A in Maths :biggrin:

Arghh Biology :frown: that's all to be said on that matter :tongue:..

As for C4, what exam board are you on? My C4 exam is next monday and I'm on edexcel :smile:.
Original post by futuredoc77
Did you ace it like a boss :smug:

It was ok :colone:

(Does not want to jinx things) :tongue:
Reply 2464
Arghh Biology :frown: that's all to be said on that matter :tongue:..

As for C4, what exam board are you on? My C4 exam is next monday and I'm on edexcel :smile:.

I'm on MEI :smile: So that means I have M1 on thursday, FP2 (paper of death) on monday, and stats 3 on thursday. I've seriously been wondering what possessed me to do further maths at the moment. Ill have done 12 EXAMS for that stupid subject. And I don't even like it that much :/
Reply 2465
After that b*tch of a Biology exam today, I still have 9 exams left - can anyone best me?
Original post by Eragon.
After that b*tch of a Biology exam today, I still have 9 exams left - can anyone best me?

Wow 9!
Good luck, I just have 4 left, C4 S2 Biol5 and Chem 5.
Reply 2467
chem 5 :drool: i ****ed that module.
Just saying#
Reply 2468
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
OMGOSH! Edexcel right??
Literally half the paper was about ecology!
How can they write so many questions on the nitrogen cycle and then ignore genetics/DNA/biotechnology??
It was a waste of a paper if you ask me because you didn't really need to revise 3/4 of the unit
First question - wtf?
Very last quesion - no time to answer??

Lol I wish. OCR! My school switched from edexcel the same year I got in.

By the looks of things; your paper was a tad similar to mine. There was a slightly big section on nitrogen cycle as well but it was just so vague. Little biotech and genetics; but heavy on the ecology. The exam was about 5% science knowledge; 2000% random reasoning/ common sense

What sort of exam punches you in the face with the first question? :confused: And I ended up not answering it as well :/

Ahh OCR :sigh: Rawwwr!!
MIGHT HAVE FOUND WORK EXPERIENCE. Yes, it is 25 miles away from home, but beggars can't be choosers right?
Reply 2470
Original post by Tobia_s

By the looks of things; your paper was a tad similar to mine. There was a slightly big section on nitrogen cycle as well but it was just so vague. Little biotech and genetics; but heavy on the ecology. The exam was about 5% science knowledge; 2000% random reasoning/ common sense

I think biology is generally like that, that's why the grade boudaries will never be that high because most of the time it's a shot in the dark at the mark scheme. I just hope my reasoning was good enough!! Couldn't go through all of this then not get the grades to even reapply :/
Reply 2471
Original post by Tinth
I think biology is generally like that, that's why the grade boudaries will never be that high because most of the time it's a shot in the dark at the mark scheme. I just hope my reasoning was good enough!! Couldn't go through all of this then not get the grades to even reapply :/

What an exam :/

I've been wondering; is biology actually a science? :ahee:
Original post by Tobia_s
What an exam :/

I've been wondering; is biology actually a science? :ahee:

It's the special needs science of the sciences... The one up the back of the class with orthopaedic shoes, safety scissors and glitter glue :wink:
Reply 2473
Salters today, good luck everyone!!
Reply 2474
Just done my chemistry unit 4 resit. It was a relatively difficult paper, but i've done better than i did in January. I suppose some of the pressure is off for unit 5

C3 tomorrow though. I literally have not even looked at a paper since January... It's gonna be a long night methinks :dry:
(edited 12 years ago)
First time I'm posting on this forum.

I'm really nervous about my Chemistry and Biology results after 2 dreadful exams, I need ~100 UMS in both but I'm scared I won't get that. First not getting in this year, then not getting the grades would be a major FML.
Original post by MoTheMedic
First time I'm posting on this forum.

I'm really nervous about my Chemistry and Biology results after 2 dreadful exams, I need ~100 UMS in both but I'm scared I won't get that. First not getting in this year, then not getting the grades would be a major FML.

Try not to worry too much before you get your results :smile: Our perception of our own performance is often flawed.
Original post by Tobia_s
Lol I wish. OCR! My school switched from edexcel the same year I got in.

What sort of exam punches you in the face with the first question? :confused: And I ended up not answering it as well :/

Ahh OCR :sigh: Rawwwr!!

Haha i meant OCR
Was confused with chemistry :colondollar:
The first question did put me off but i just did some calculated guessing and moved on
Didn't answer the last one though - not enough time.. :frown:
There was absolutely no need to attend over half of my biology lessons this year if that was the exam i was going to face.. :s-smilie:
Can you imagine not getting into medical school because of hedgehogs and seaweed-eating sheep..??

Ah well, i've got a c3 retake to look forward to tomorrow afternoon..
Original post by -Taz-
Just done my chemistry unit 4 resit. It was a relatively difficult paper, but i've done better than i did in January. I suppose some of the pressure is off for unit 5

C3 tomorrow though. I literally have not even looked at a paper since January... It's gonna be a long night methinks :dry:

Re chemistry: i thought so too
But our school seems to do both chemistry papers in the summer so didn't have the opportunity to retake :frown:

Samee
But as i'm doing the papers i'm noticing that i understand it much better than before, perhaps cause we've done c4 now..
Reply 2479
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Re chemistry: i thought so too
But our school seems to do both chemistry papers in the summer so didn't have the opportunity to retake :frown:

Samee
But as i'm doing the papers i'm noticing that i understand it much better than before, perhaps cause we've done c4 now..

Yeah c3 seems loads easier once you've done c4 - I did both in January, and it made C3 seem really easy in comparison.

And now doing fp2 means that c4 seems easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending