The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4100
Original post by JChoudhry
:colondollar: It's not AS bad as they say! lol Although it's still extremely bad :p:
Wow! That's REALLY bad! That sucks a lot! They're getting paid, so they should make the effort atleast!

Me and my friend were so happy with the comments in our first report, then realised they were the same word for word with our names inserted :colonhash:
Original post by JChoudhry
Haha! lol. That sucks for you then :p:

:smile: indeed it does
Anybody started their personal statement yet?
Original post by Limitless
Anybody started their personal statement yet?

not really, but made half-a -start

it's like a building made of straws without me including my work experience.

which currently, i have zilch.
Original post by anonnymous
not really, but made half-a -start

it's like a building made of straws without me including my work experience.

which currently, i have zilch.

What about voluntary, or extra curricular have you got anything for that?
What about voluntary, or extra curricular have you got anything for that?

i've volunteered teaching children on saturdays, and have also done so in a charity shop for around a month and a half

the thing is, i've jotted down what i want to write about, but i want to actual experience it

it's not difficult to assume you're doctor will say it's stressful, long hours ect

also not difficult to talk about patients, ilness, communication

but i want to experience it first hand, and actually do what i say/write about, you know? I took someones idea off here and wrote what i want to achieve, so when i achieve it, or new things, i can build on it, rather than start from scratch.

applying again to more GP'S, been rejected so far to the ones i applied , plus the hospital, so i re-applied till it annoys them
Reply 4106
Original post by cz100
It's a free online review seminar. You download a UKCAT paper and do it, then on the day you book at the time they go through it live online or something like that. I've booked one for August, it's free so why not?

Oh kool, they go through the actual paper you do?
i've volunteered teaching children on saturdays, and have also done so in a charity shop for around a month and a half

the thing is, i've jotted down what i want to write about, but i want to actual experience it

it's not difficult to assume you're doctor will say it's stressful, long hours ect

also not difficult to talk about patients, ilness, communication

but i want to experience it first hand, and actually do what i say/write about, you know? I took someones idea off here and wrote what i want to achieve, so when i achieve it, or new things, i can build on it, rather than start from scratch.

applying again to more GP'S, been rejected so far to the ones i applied , plus the hospital, so i re-applied till it annoys them

Nice I wrote 5 hand written letters to GPs today as my printer broke. If I don't get a reply in a couple of days I will ring up.
How long should I wait for a reply?
Nice I wrote 5 hand written letters to GPs today as my printer broke. If I don't get a reply in a couple of days I will ring up.
How long should I wait for a reply?

i can't be sure how long, as i am waiting for replies too

i've emailed my GP, but am about to post letters to each one tomorrow, and ring up every nursing home. i've emailed one already

=) give it a week or two, but always follow it up.

BUT, ask some other people for how long, as i'm not sure, and only advising on what i personally would deem long enough to atleast get a gp reply
Original post by Nator
Oh kool, they go through the actual paper you do?

she's offline i think?

here's the website: http://www.kaptest.co.uk/events/uk-university/ukcat-seminar.aspx
it sounds too good to be true, i'm wondering what the catch is.
(edited 12 years ago)
i can't be sure how long, as i am waiting for replies too

i've emailed my GP, but am about to post letters to each one tomorrow, and ring up every nursing home. i've emailed one already

=) give it a week or two, but always follow it up.

BUT, ask some other people for how long, as i'm not sure, and only advising on what i personally would deem long enough to atleast get a gp reply

I've rang up a few charity shops and hospices, I'm going to go during luch tommorow to sort everything out.
I've rang up a few charity shops and hospices, I'm going to go during luch tommorow to sort everything out.

i might go back to the charity shop, but i really need stuff like hospices/hospitals first

any advise on how to get voluntary at a hospice? I've emailed one, but should i just ring and ask?

any success so far?

:smile: i'm skiving school tomorrow for the most part , so will do this
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4112
she's offline i think?

here's the website: http://www.my-pcworld.com/bestsurfnow/browse.php?u=Oi8vd3d3LmthcHRlc3QuY28udWsvZXZlbnRzL3VrLXVuaXZlcnNpdHkvdWtjYXQtc2VtaW5hci5hc3B4&b=13

it sounds too good to be true, i'm wondering what the catch is.

Umm what site is that?
Original post by Nator
Umm what site is that?

sorry, ignore that

here's the kaplan site

http://www.kaptest.co.uk/events/uk-university/ukcat-seminar.aspx

book your online bmat/ukat

you download two WHOLE papers, do them, note your working, and then on special dates, they go through it ALL online

not bad for free, but i'm cautious
i might go back to the charity shop, but i really need stuff like hospices/hospitals first

any advise on how to get voluntary at a hospice? I've emailed one, but should i just ring and ask?

any success so far?

:smile: i'm skiving school tomorrow for the most part , so will do this

Yeah I might pull a few skives too tommorow, only thing is my classes are full of ***** and will basically tell my teacher I'm skiving.
You just have to ring up and talk to the person who organizes the volunteering at the hospice basically.
I've got 4 weeks at a hospital over the summer sorted through friends and school. Having contacts on the inside really helps to speed up the process.
Yeah I might pull a few skives too tommorow, only thing is my classes are full of ***** and will basically tell my teacher I'm skiving.
You just have to ring up and talk to the person who organizes the volunteering at the hospice basically.
I've got 4 weeks at a hospital over the summer sorted through friends and school. Having contacts on the inside really helps to speed up the process.

Awsome well done man!:smile:(on securing hospital placement)

kk i will ring up

my plan is basically this: i am going to submit my letters to gps, with a personal statement.

then i am writing letters to 3-4 departments in the hospital, and physically giving them in.

then i'm ringing care/nursing homes, as i need long term voluntary there

though not in this order!
Reply 4116
sorry, ignore that

here's the kaplan site

http://www.kaptest.co.uk/events/uk-university/ukcat-seminar.aspx

book your online bmat/ukat

you download two WHOLE papers, do them, note your working, and then on special dates, they go through it ALL online

not bad for free, but i'm cautious

Nice! Might just do that
Original post by Nator
Nice! Might just do that

thank CZ she told us:smile:
Awsome well done man!:smile:(on securing hospital placement)

kk i will ring up

my plan is basically this: i am going to submit my letters to gps, with a personal statement.

then i am writing letters to 3-4 departments in the hospital, and physically giving them in.

then i'm ringing care/nursing homes, as i need long term voluntary there

though not in this order!

Have you booked your UKCAT?
Have you booked your UKCAT?

aye, september 3rd, just after Ramadhan

dreading it, but to be honest, lets try to make it fun

yourself?

Latest

Trending

Trending