The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level Geography - Unit 3 Pre-release topic

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Good luck everyone, this thread has saved my exam! :biggrin:
I know people have mentioned them but i still don't know what people mean when they say parallel examples ?

(Good luck everyone aswell! :smile: )
Reply 382
Original post by Maxgoodrum
I know people have mentioned them but i still don't know what people mean when they say parallel examples ?

(Good luck everyone aswell! :smile: )

An example of a parallel example would be using Dubai's desalination plans (which I learned for unit 4) briefly in a water conflicts question. That kind of thing :smile:
Reply 383
mad cramming going on.. ahhh

hope the questions aren't too gruesome, good luck everyone :smile:
Morocco has vowed itself to become one of the most important countries in the tourism business. It all started with Vision 2010, and now it gets to another level by announcing vision 2020, the main aspects of an ambitious goal for this Arab country.
In a meeting organised in Marrakech, Morocco revealed the main lines of an ambitious programme called Vision 2020.
The goal for Morocco is to attain 18 million tourists by 2020. 17 000 beds will be created each year, and more investments will be done in the promotion of the country’s image and resources by doubling the budget of the ONMT (Office national marocain du tourisme).
The focus will be on the traditional markets of Morocco’s tourism; France Germany ,Belgium, but also on new markets such as Russia and China.
Cultural tourism will be encouraged by the promotion of more than 1400 sites all over Morocco.
The importance of seaside resorts will continue as the Azur programme will be achieved. Morocco is expecting the seaside tourism to count for 42% and the cultural tourism for 39% of tourists. Moreover, a high commission charged of tourism will be created and an investments fund will be used to boost the sector. This new vision 2020 is set to complete the vision 2010 that had aimed for 10 million tourists.
Reply 385
Hope everyone does really well after all the clear work that everyone has put in... i think we're agreed that it would be nice to get a fairly easy paper, so everyones work and help for one another is justified by the answers we right and therefore *fingers crossed* the good marks that everyone wants and deserves!! :smile: :smile:
Reply 386
Bricking it.
Reply 387
i'm confused! :s-smilie:

so is mauritania the only country to receive debt relief or not?
Original post by just :)
i'm confused! :s-smilie:

so is mauritania the only country to receive debt relief or not?

As to my understanding yes!
Reply 389
Original post by ECHF
An example of a parallel example would be using Dubai's desalination plans (which I learned for unit 4) briefly in a water conflicts question. That kind of thing :smile:

also, Ghana (export commodities rather than processed goods),
shrimp farming in indonesia compared with mauritania's reliance on fishing
solar potential compare with china
reliance on tourism industry - thailand tsunami
uganda - debt relief - military power
Original post by lgam_x
Good luck everyone, this thread has saved my exam! :biggrin:

Yeah...its way easier to sit on here and read and answer. Sharing knowledge is one thing I will thank TSR for!

Good luck to you too!
Original post by Becky2593
Hope everyone does really well after all the clear work that everyone has put in... i think we're agreed that it would be nice to get a fairly easy paper, so everyones work and help for one another is justified by the answers we right and therefore *fingers crossed* the good marks that everyone wants and deserves!! :smile: :smile:

Well said. I think this has been the most helpful threads!
Lets have a discussion after the exam and hope someone does not go...wait was I supposed to put that?

Good luck:smile:
Reply 392
Good luck!!! :smile:
Reply 393
Goood Luuuuuuuuuuck!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 394
As a last minute note, the grade boundaries for Jan 2011 were quite low;
73.3% for an A using raw-to-UMS conversion - good news!
Good luck!
Just got back home, my exam finished about 40min ago. Should this thread be locked so we can't discuss it for x hours?
Strange that this thread isnt locked.... yeah also finished my exam already. glad its over!
can i ask how comes ya exams finished early? if it started at 1 shouldnt you finish at 3.30??x

x
Reply 399
wtf was that paper!!!??!!? did anyone else completely hate it?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending