The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Bye guys, I'm gonna go and revise for my other exams...

Good luck if you have any left xD
anyone rmb the question for why keepin the seeds germination at 18(3 marks).

btw from the experience of unit 4, I believe I need to hv a look at the AS notes, who knows those freakin examiners would put down sth strange again for unit 5.
hey guys for the question about fossil fuels? Do you think I will get any marks talking about biofuels..i mean I said the alternative might be biofuel (which can still increase CO2 conc due to transporting the fuel etc..) I also said that other gases such as CH4 and water vapour contribute to greenhouse effect and thus global warming and also that there are other sources of CO2 too (not just burning fossil fuels) :s-smilie:
Reply 623
LOL, I had advise you all to STOP moaning about this paper and make a diffrence on the next one which I think is chemistry for most people. If you dont want your chem to be like this, I had advise ya all to go revise it as you now probably know edexcel and all exam boards can be a bitch at times
Reply 624
Totally agree about making a facebook page, and I really think that we should all email the exam board too! my parents are going to email them later today. I'm sick of revising all day every day for these biology exams then sitting it and being asked sh*tty questions that we haven't even learnt about and not having enough time to complete the paper! Lets hope unit 5 is better! and we get 15mins longer tooo
Reply 625
i was really annoyed by this paper!!
there was more unit 2 than unit 4 and most of the questions were data interpretation
i ran out of time as well! and i need an A for my uni offer and now its less likly ill get it
am really annoyed coz spent ages revising for this paper and nothing came up!
Reply 626
I ran out of time so had to rush the last questions especially that crazy wavelength 1 :angry:. I mean do they really expect us to finish the exam in good time when they give us like 2 or 3 loong paragraphs to not only read but make sense of before every question, even before the MC questions!! These examiners may have been on drugs themselves!

The positive is that for the previous exams, to get an A* was 63, 63, 58, so seeing everyones responses it looks like the grade boundaries will be like 58 for an A* or even lower inshaallaah!!!

Overall i think i did ok, but seeing as like 25-30 marks can be lost to get an A* im not that troubled lol...

By the way what did people put for the MC question about the roots, it was out of sclerenchyma, xylem, chorion n suttin else??
Reply 627
what did everyone put for the degree of muscle contraction one? where it had oxygen of the surroundings and drugs as options??
Original post by imaam
I ran ou else??

xylem

Original post by bashx
what did everyone put for the degree of muscle contraction one? where it had oxygen of the surroundings and drugs as options??

drugs
Reply 629
oh noooo i put oxygen one : sdfkjsdkfhsdkf
Reply 630
AWFUL PAPER. I spent so long learning everything, all the HIV and TB stuff and put so much work to ace this paper, and it was full of ****. Why would scientists disagree with reducing fossil fuels to help global warming? BECAUSE THEY'RE STUPID. THAT'S WHY.
Ugh it was a **** exam and now i'm dreading unit 5. The synoptic will probably be hell.
Reply 631
Original post by shabna
AWFUL PAPER. I spent so long learning everything, all the HIV and TB stuff and put so much work to ace this paper, and it was full of ****. Why would scientists disagree with reducing fossil fuels to help global warming? BECAUSE THEY'RE STUPID. THAT'S WHY.
Ugh it was a **** exam and now i'm dreading unit 5. The synoptic will probably be hell.

AGREED
Original post by Samia99
Was just Wondering whthr i WAS the ONLY candidate who actually wrote abt the Oil-funding companies Bribing the scientists lol!!! So they'd say Fossil Fuels dnt affect Temp :tongue:
As these Companies need fuels lol

Hahah i ran 0ut 0f points!
It was 6 marks nd aftr writing abt all the C02 and Defoestation nd blah blah this was wht i came up wd nd it was mentiond in the Guide too! :/:/ -_____-

My friend told me she put something similar to you too! she said that some biologists are biased and their opinion is affected by political and economical reasons.
Original post by Assrarri
what were the grade boundaries for jan 2011??

THat was the worst paper i'v done...the questions were soo vague!!!!!

Btw...what did you all put down for the gel electrophoresis...?? and the DNA question before that...??

Also, do you know the meitosis questiion at the beginning was the answer A or B..? Because I put A but I cant remember whether its started with prophase or anaphase...?

Its B - PMAT, don't you remember? :smile: prophase metaphase anaphase telophase. Its just etched into my memory as mitotic cell division is one of the important thing to remember in your life xD

and what did you guys put for tissue that forms around the root cells? scelerenchyma is the right answer, i, however, put chorion cuz im a fuking retard.
Reply 634
Tough paper!! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be about 52 for an A what do you guys reckon?
Anyone got the actual paper?
Original post by sadbuttrue92
anyone rmb the question for why keepin the seeds germination at 18(3 marks).

btw from the experience of unit 4, I believe I need to hv a look at the AS notes, who knows those freakin examiners would put down sth strange again for unit 5.

What did you say for that?
Original post by imaam
I ran out of time so had to rush the last questions especially that crazy wavelength 1 :angry:. I mean do they really expect us to finish the exam in good time when they give us like 2 or 3 loong paragraphs to not only read but make sense of before every question, even before the MC questions!! These examiners may have been on drugs themselves!

The positive is that for the previous exams, to get an A* was 63, 63, 58, so seeing everyones responses it looks like the grade boundaries will be like 58 for an A* or even lower inshaallaah!!!

Overall i think i did ok, but seeing as like 25-30 marks can be lost to get an A* im not that troubled lol...

By the way what did people put for the MC question about the roots, it was out of sclerenchyma, xylem, chorion n suttin else??

yes inshallah!!
Reply 638
Original post by tophothari
Its B - PMAT, don't you remember? :smile: prophase metaphase anaphase telophase. Its just etched into my memory as mitotic cell division is one of the important thing to remember in your life xD

and what did you guys put for tissue that forms around the root cells? scelerenchyma is the right answer, i, however, put chorion cuz im a fuking retard.

LOL i couldnt remember which one came first prophase or metaphase :/ i wasnt expecting mitosis to come up :/ soo i put a oh well...oh really **** i put xylem :O

the multiple choice questions were really hard!!!

Do you know what the grade boundaries where for jan 2011..and what they might be for this year...??
Reply 639
Original post by lorcan17
Tough paper!! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be about 52 for an A what do you guys reckon?

do you mean like 52/90..!!! ¬_¬

Quick Reply

Latest