The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by minathaika
What did you say for that?

i put: as a control..so they all have the same starting point...

but im not sure If thats right??
Original post by Assrarri

i put: as a control..so they all have the same starting point...

but im not sure If thats right??

I don't think this is right, because they specfied why it has to be 18degrees. If it is only for control purposes then they could have started of with any temperature. It is more like that 18degrees is the optimum temperature for the seeds to germinate fully, so that once this happen a further increase or decrease in temperature will significantly decrease or increase the rate growth. So basically starting with 18 degrees will make sure that both species will start of with the same conditions.
Reply 642
do you mean like 52/90..!!! ¬_¬

Yeah 52/90 lol in jan-11 it was 54/90 and jun-10 and jan-10 it was 58/90
Reply 643
Original post by Schoolio93
I don't think this is right, because they specfied why it has to be 18degrees. If it is only for control purposes then they could have started of with any temperature. It is more like that 18degrees is the optimum temperature for the seeds to germinate fully, so that once this happen a further increase or decrease in temperature will significantly decrease or increase the rate growth. So basically starting with 18 degrees will make sure that both species will start of with the same conditions.

Owwwww

I see .... hmmmmm

that makes more sense LOL :angry:
Reply 644
Original post by lorcan17
Yeah 52/90 lol in jan-11 it was 54/90 and jun-10 and jan-10 it was 58/90

Wow ...

see thats what i dont understand...whats the point in giving us a hard paper and then lowering the grade boundaries...WHAT IS the POINT!!!
Reply 645
i cant remember the wavelength question and whether i see correct or not.
before the table, does it say red,orange,yellow wavelength of light are found in deeper water?

anybody?does it mention like this?
Reply 646
Original post by lilynda
before the table, does it say red,orange,yellow wavelength of light are found in deeper water?

i think it said: that red orange yellow light is penetrated through deeper water and that all other wavelengths are absorbed...
Reply 647
Original post by lilynda

No those are filtered out by water so in the deep, there's little of these wavelengths.
Reply 648
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Anyone got the actual paper?

I don't think its out yet until some time...
Original post by Rothers

Original post by Rothers
No those are filtered out by water so in the deep, there's little of these wavelengths.

yea you are correct. These are filtered out. And the thing about this question is that even though green is not filtered out you still won't see green seaweeds in all regions. The question said most likey. The most likley region they would be in is the lower shore, this is because being there, there will be no competition for space with any of the other seaweeds living in the top. This question was crazy!!!
Original post by imaam

Original post by imaam

salam,

how did you find the paper? Do you need a specific grade to get into your UNi choice?
Reply 651
ya..the craziest question in the paper. i read the question several times because it makes me confused.

i said tht all the seeds should at the same stage of development before the experiment (sort of like the same starting point) but i didnt mention anything about optimum temp aarghh!!
Original post by lilynda

Original post by lilynda
ya..the craziest question in the paper. i read the question several times because it makes me confused.

what region did you put? and how did you answer the fossil fuel question?
Reply 654
yea you are correct. These are filtered out. And the thing about this question is that even though green is not filtered out you still won't see green seaweeds in all regions. The question said most likey. The most likley region they would be in is the lower shore, this is because being there, there will be no competition for space with any of the other seaweeds living in the top. This question was crazy!!!

Thanks, yeah I put that one of the species of seaweed was on the lower shore but do you know where the other one was? I just guessed and put it at the top - Sorry I can't remember their actual names...
Original post by Rothers

Original post by Rothers
Thanks, yeah I put that one of the species of seaweed was on the lower shore but do you know where the other one was? I just guessed and put it at the top - Sorry I can't remember their actual names...

you guessed??? You're sooooooo lucky!!! I spent ten minutes on this question to get the right answer and you just guessed!! LOL!!! Yea one is top and the other is lower.
Reply 656
what region did you put? and how did you answer the fossil fuel question?

haha.i put middle and deep for the other. but i think im wrong

emm
i wrote because there are other factors other than fossil fuel.(interaction of factors too). there are other sources of greenhouse gases . it might b caused by natural causes like sun radiation. global warming will still occur even though there is less use of fossil fuel. also, there are not enough evidence saying the use of fossil fuel contribute to global warming. (hard to proof causation)

6 marks question is tough
Reply 657
you guessed??? You're sooooooo lucky!!! I spent ten minutes on this question to get the right answer and you just guessed!! LOL!!! Yea one is top and the other is lower.

how can u be so sure bout the correct answer?
Original post by imaam

asak,

what did u put for the question asking why we should germinate all seeds at the same temp?
Reply 659
Original post by Rothers

dunno why..i think something wrong with the question.

Quick Reply