The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Surely its quite easy to half the amount of revision needed for this exam because it is very unlikely they'll repeat the topics from jan 11 and june 10 as they are on such specific things?
Reply 821
Original post by emma237

Original post by emma237
Surely its quite easy to half the amount of revision needed for this exam because it is very unlikely they'll repeat the topics from jan 11 and june 10 as they are on such specific things?

yeah that;s what im doing! taking a risk but im only revising what i thinks gnna come up!
Reply 822
Original post by MVD_02
yeah that;s what im doing! taking a risk but im only revising what i thinks gnna come up!

Same! I mean the questions are so specific, on 1 topic when theres like 7 topics to choose from. Not doing more revision than necessary!
Reply 823
Original post by emma237

Original post by emma237
Same! I mean the questions are so specific, on 1 topic when theres like 7 topics to choose from. Not doing more revision than necessary!

exactly! tbh I doubt they'll repeat anything because they haven't done that yet! ah fingers crossed :smile:
But at AS they repeated the same essay question two years in a row because it wasn't answered properly before :frown: I am beginning to despise this subject again :smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Long time! No probs :smile:

PSYA4 on monday, the joys. Best of luck with yours

Good luck with yours too! I'm eager to repay the debt so if you need anything... I don't have a nice set of condensed revision notes like yours but I do have ppts, diagrams, essays etc
Original post by Joseanne16
I have an essay of evolutionary explanations of food preference :smile:

It got me full marks:

bless you!
Reply 827
For Intelligence,
Can they ask us to explain both Psychodymanic AND Information Processing Theories in one question, or will they be seperate?
Ta :smile: x
Reply 828
Original post by magicalyoghurt
But at AS they repeated the same essay question two years in a row because it wasn't answered properly before :frown: I am beginning to despise this subject again :smile:

But AS was short 12 mark essays these are specific 25 mark essays!
Hey Guys & Gals,

Firstly thank you for all your constructive help, Appreciate it as Psychology is my worst subject! :tongue:

Anyone know whats likely to come up for Eating Behavior?

Thank You:biggrin:
Reply 830

yeah but thats AS theres so much there that u can repeat as all the questions are like 3, 4, 5, 6 mark questions and whatnot but A2 is more specific and yeah 25 mark ones! so I really doubt they'll mention the same topics!!
Reply 831
Original post by MVD_02
yeah but thats AS theres so much there that u can repeat as all the questions are like 3, 4, 5, 6 mark questions and whatnot but A2 is more specific and yeah 25 mark ones! so I really doubt they'll mention the same topics!!

can i ask what topics you're doing? and what you think might come up?
Original post by joseanne16
i have some notes here on that whole section, the first bit goes on a bit but its just an introduction really, basically start from the first part that says ao1

:smile:

Thank you very much! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by H-D Crossbones
Hey Guys & Gals,

Firstly thank you for all your constructive help, Appreciate it as Psychology is my worst subject! :tongue:

Anyone know whats likely to come up for Eating Behavior?

Thank You:biggrin:

Evolutionary Explanations of Food Preference has never come up.. just saying! Although they could very easily just be sly and repeat a question :frown:
Anything you're 100% not even bothering to revise from these topics..

1. Eating Behaviour
2. Aggression
3. Biological Rhythms

Such as Neural Mechanisms from 1. as it came up in January? :/ Or are you just revising everything?!
Reply 835
Original post by sillysal

Original post by sillysal
can i ask what topics you're doing? and what you think might come up?

sleep - consequences of disrupting bio rhythms
aggression - group display or neural and hormonal mechanisms
eating behaviour - evolutionary exp of food preference

wbu?
Reply 836
Original post by dr.phalange

Anything you're 100% not even bothering to revise from these topics..

1. Eating Behaviour
2. Aggression
3. Biological Rhythms

Such as Neural Mechanisms from 1. as it came up in January? :/ Or are you just revising everything?!

my predictions are :

but tbh I could be wrong :\
Original post by MVD_02

What grade do you need from this exam? I need a high B/A and I'm really scared about missing things from my revision.. but surely they won't ask us what they asked in Jan 11? What do you think is gonna come up from any of these:

Eating Behaviours
Aggression
Biological Rhythms

Thanks! :smile:
(you've already answered this now never mind! :smile: )
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MVD_02
my predictions are :

but tbh I could be wrong :\

I got them predicitons from what they've not already asked etc... argh I hate question spotting but there's that much for this exam it's hard not to! :smile:
Evolutionary Explanations of Food Preference has never come up.. just saying! Although they could very easily just be sly and repeat a question :frown:

Thank You :smile:

I wish they didnt make the topics so broad! ... ah well I think I will take a gamble and focus on Evolutionary theory while spreading over the rest in less detail :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending