The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4160
Original post by anonnymous
i think what we need is speed. but before we can get that speed, i'm going slowly over the questions, understanding what kind of mind-set we need

you're spot on. i've done a/s physics, and the BMAT is DEFINITLEY got a/s physics in there.

not that much, but some elements that you can learn =)

i suck at physics ^^

Spot on there bro, and some I can do in the required time, but others can spend so long on :laugh:

And yeah it does, and yo hit me up with any BMAT Physics problems you got anytime, I like their Physics problems plus always nice to help people :biggrin:
Original post by Nator
Spot on there bro, and some I can do in the required time, but others can spend so long on :laugh:

And yeah it does, and yo hit me up with any BMAT Physics problems you got anytime, I like their Physics problems plus always nice to help people :biggrin:

ofcourse!:smile: thanks for the help

if you want to discuss the essays, or the critical thinking, hit me=p

^^ when you read a question on there, under the time limit that looks very hard, what is your mind-set, what are you thinking in your head?

I might forget cam, as i'd love to go to imperial! but that depends on upsets on resultsday/ ukcat scores

^^ but atm everything is open, atleast

What i think they want is, if you learn double gcse science/ some a/s, and try to think about it all in a different, crazy way.

like if you look at the lungs, try to think of pressure in one part of the body, and how it would link to the volume of the lungs, and such

signed up for the kaplan thing?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4162
ofcourse!:smile: thanks for the help

if you want to discuss the essays, or the critical thinking, hit me=p

^^ when you read a question on there, under the time limit that looks very hard, what is your mind-set, what are you thinking in your head?

I might forget cam, as i'd love to go to imperial! but that depends on upsets on resultsday/ ukcat scores

^^ but atm everything is open, atleast

No prob bladrin :cool:
Ahhh you good at them or done prep already? I need help on those when the time comes! :biggrin:

And I take my time to read the whole question, once I got it all then I answer them fast :smile:

And what you worried will upset you on results day? Whether you get an A, or whether it is a high/low UMS A?
Original post by Nator
No prob bladrin :cool:
Ahhh you good at them or done prep already? I need help on those when the time comes! :biggrin:

And I take my time to read the whole question, once I got it all then I answer them fast :smile:

And what you worried will upset you on results day? Whether you get an A, or whether it is a high/low UMS A?

=/ tough times

i was aiming for high UMS, but now, i don't think i'll get an A.
I can't make excuses, but have been quite ill for the past 6 months, recovered thanks to God, but had some kind of-impact:smile:

Eitherway, yeah, i'm fearing a B. If i get Four A's, i'd be really surprised. It will be a mix of results i think, but i have to learn to put the past behind me, and put all of my energy into w/e, voluntary, ps, ukcat, and bmat, and interview

if one of your a/s biology teachers did not teach, literally, would you complain and move to a different class? Even though he or she is a nice person, but , literally, in the literall sense, does not teach. This isn't backbiting, it's eductional advice:smile:
Reply 4164
=/ tough times

i was aiming for high UMS, but now, i don't think i'll get an A.
I can't make excuses, but have been quite ill for the past 6 months, recovered thanks to God, but had some kind of-impact:smile:

Eitherway, yeah, i'm fearing a B. If i get Four A's, i'd be really surprised. It will be a mix of results i think, but i have to learn to put the past behind me, and put all of my energy into w/e, voluntary, ps, ukcat, and bmat, and interview

Oh damn I see, but you think you will get an A in Chemistry right? And oh right, sorry to hear that.

And yeah fair enough I hear ya. Also if there is a Physics question which I can't help you with, you can always ask some guys on the forum, some guys were bossin' that quantum phenomena paper, like Rahul.S that guy's a don :laugh:
Original post by Nator
Oh damn I see, but you think you will get an A in Chemistry right? And oh right, sorry to hear that.

And yeah fair enough I hear ya. Also if there is a Physics question which I can't help you with, you can always ask some guys on the forum, some guys were bossin' that quantum phenomena paper, like Rahul.S that guy's a don :laugh:

:smile: he got 120/120

amazing

i liked unit 1, but messed up unit 2, in the sense that i missed out about 4 questions

dropped around 20 marks?

about to ring some nursing homes, any advice on what to tell them?^^
Reply 4166
:smile: he got 120/120

amazing

i liked unit 1, but messed up unit 2, in the sense that i missed out about 4 questions

dropped around 20 marks?

about to ring some nursing homes, any advice on what to tell them?^^

Haha yeah mc whizz kid :laugh: I rate that guy :biggrin:
Same here unit 1 was easy, and unit 2 wasn't that bad either, expecting around 65/70 in Unit 1 and 62/70 in Unit 2, iA should be enough for 120/120, as it has been in the past so lets hope the grade boundaries stay the same! :biggrin:
And just tell them you want to volunteer to help out with the residents, breakdown of timings bla bla :smile:
Original post by Nator
Haha yeah mc whizz kid :laugh: I rate that guy :biggrin:
Same here unit 1 was easy, and unit 2 wasn't that bad either, expecting around 65/70 in Unit 1 and 62/70 in Unit 2, iA should be enough for 120/120, as it has been in the past so lets hope the grade boundaries stay the same! :biggrin:
And just tell them you want to volunteer to help out with the residents, breakdown of timings bla bla :smile:

:smile: awsome! best of luck man

what kind of voluntary would i be expected to partake in?

:smile: just been rejected, because they say that they need to do CRB check on me
any advise?

as in they said it'd be too long
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4168
:smile: awsome! best of luck man

what kind of voluntary would i be expected to partake in?

:smile: just been rejected, because they say that they need to do CRB check on me
any advise?

as in they said it'd be too long

Thanks and you too! :smile:
And just talking to the residents, helping them out generally.
And oh yes, you need to have a CRB check beforehand, it is quite long, just had mine confirmed
Original post by Nator
Thanks and you too! :smile:
And just talking to the residents, helping them out generally.
And oh yes, you need to have a CRB check beforehand, it is quite long, just had mine confirmed

:smile: ok, i should apply right now!

What did you talk to the residents about? or what would you talk to them about?

ty:smile:
Reply 4170
:smile: ok, i should apply right now!

What did you talk to the residents about? or what would you talk to them about?

ty:smile:

Too right :smile: And just general talk, like how they are, what they have been up to etc. They often tell you their life stories which can be pretty nice to listen to :biggrin: No prob :smile:
Original post by Nator
Too right :smile: And just general talk, like how they are, what they have been up to etc. They often tell you their life stories which can be pretty nice to listen to :biggrin: No prob :smile:

how often do you volunteer there? and apart from talking, what kinds of things do you do?:smile:

any negatives?
Reply 4172

how often do you volunteer there? and apart from talking, what kinds of things do you do?:smile:

any negatives?

I done 2 weeks in the Easter and will go once a week in the Summer or so, and just help them with drinks etc. And you need patience :smile:
Original post by Nator
I done 2 weeks in the Easter and will go once a week in the Summer or so, and just help them with drinks etc. And you need patience :smile:

:smile: cheers

have you ever had the moments when they hardly spoke to you, or you were just sitting there?

being asian, how should they re-act to me?

in the sense that, most are white, and maybe they may have bad views to me?

:smile: cheers! I just am afraid that if i go to them, there may be the akward moment where i say hello, and try to be over-friendly, and i don't want to go over anyones personal space ^^

tea, coffe, i'd love to help them out, moving, and many ways absolutely.

i've inter-acted and taught kids at my mosque on saturdays, do you think i can write about this?
Officially booked the UKCAT, 26th August awaits me!
Original post by EternalDoom
Officially booked the UKCAT, 26th August awaits me!

Good luck. I'm skint need to get a job first then pay to book the ukcat.
UKCAT booked, 26th august :biggrin: Payday is a beautiful thing.

Gonna get a head start on my personal statement over summer I think, and then in september start gearing up for BMAT as well as getting stuck into A2.
Original post by sablarrr
You're american? :teeth: Do you have the accent?

Oh man, so cool. Wish I was american :daydreaming:

I don't suppose you've started writing your PS, by any chance? I'm too scared :colondollar: I've just bulletpointed EVERYTHING I've ever done concerning medicine.

Yup I'm American :p: No longer have the accent though :laugh:

:afraid: Nope, haven't started the PS at all! :eek3: It seems so scary!
I've got a PS i made in year 11 summer holiday, so i have a base to improve upon, because there are a billion ways now i can improve it, but at least i have a stepping stone to start off instead of a blank word document.
Original post by EternalDoom
I've got a PS i made in year 11 summer holiday, so i have a base to improve upon, because there are a billion ways now i can improve it, but at least i have a stepping stone to start off instead of a blank word document.

got w/e yet?
i don't:frown:

Latest