The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MVD_02
yeahh thats enough! i'm doing exactly the same :smile: lynch mobs and sports events and about 3 ao2/ao3 points for each!

Ok great thank you! :smile: now all i need to do is learn it....... :rolleyes:
Original post by sweet&petitee
This is such a good essay! Did you write this in exam conditions btw (ie in 30 minutes?)

Naa i did it as a homework exercise. My teacher has given us tonns of essays to do over this year as homework and mocks, the ones in 30 minutes though are hand written :/ if i have time i'll try and copy some of the best ones up! :smile: but the better ones are more for psyA4 because they improved throught haha! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 862
Original post by dr.phalange

Ok great thank you! :smile: now all i need to do is learn it....... :rolleyes:

haha me too! I just wrote out an essay so all i need to do is learn it 8-) Ima do an essay for neural and hormonal mechanisms in aggression and then REVISE! I really hope what we predict comes up :|
Original post by MVD_02
haha me too! I just wrote out an essay so all i need to do is learn it 8-) Ima do an essay for neural and hormonal mechanisms in aggression and then REVISE! I really hope what we predict comes up :|

I pretty much know Evolutionary Explanations for Eating, I'm in the middle of a Group Displays essay (well.. I'm typing out notes and making it look all organised, woo) and I'm sorted on Neural Explanations of Aggression but not Hormonal yet.. I really hope Disruptions of our Bio. Rhythms comes up though, that was on my mock! Fingers crossed and good luck! :smile:
is it likely that for eating neural mechanisms in eating and satiation or the explanations for the success failure of dieting might come up?
Reply 865

I pretty much know Evolutionary Explanations for Eating, I'm in the middle of a Group Displays essay (well.. I'm typing out notes and making it look all organised, woo) and I'm sorted on Neural Explanations of Aggression but not Hormonal yet.. I really hope Disruptions of our Bio. Rhythms comes up though, that was on my mock! Fingers crossed and good luck! :smile:

haha I just did a group display essay couple hours ago! im doing neural and hormonal now xD
omg yeah i really hope disprution of bio rhythms comes up!! that topics alright :smile: ah thanks! you too :biggrin: AH hope this paper goes well!!
Has Anyone got an essay on group display please?

Original post by Joseanne16
Naa i did it as a homework exercise. My teacher has given us tonns of essays to do over this year as homework and mocks, the ones in 30 minutes though are hand written :/ if i have time i'll try and copy some of the best ones up! :smile: but the better ones are more for psyA4 because they improved throught haha! :smile:

its really good, i always worry i can't get enough down on the page in 30 mins! :/ you have a really good balance of A01/A02/3, i never do enough A01 in mine
Reply 868
What are ao3 points for group display - sporting events ad lynch mob?
Reply 869
Original post by TGBuble

Original post by TGBuble
Oh dear "/ I need to get some more detail on Information processing.

Also, could they ask us for just Operant or Classical Conditioning, or will it be on both? (for Intelligence) because I couldn't do a 25 marker on Operant "/

Such fun. x

That one would be both
Original post by sweet&petitee
its really good, i always worry i can't get enough down on the page in 30 mins! :/ you have a really good balance of A01/A02/3, i never do enough A01 in mine

Just make sure you time every part well. I do it systematically, make sure you have a digital watch with you and for each part of the test use:

About 4-5 minutes planning.

About about 8 minutes doing AO1

And then about 15 or 16 minutes doing AO2 and AO3.

That way you should have about double your A01 of A02+3 combined

I know it sounds really precise, but if you are strict with yourself and keep within the time targets that you set yourself for each section, you'll have enough time to get enough marks of each section without writing over or under the given number of marks for each section and you wont run out of time! :smile:
Original post by H-D Crossbones
Has Anyone got an essay on group display please?

I'm going to try one now :smile: If it comes out well i'll type it up and share :smile:
Just make sure you time every part well. I do it systematically, make sure you have a digital watch with you and for each part of the test use:

About 4-5 minutes planning.

About about 8 minutes doing AO1

And then about 15 or 16 minutes doing AO2 and AO3.

That way you should have about double your A01 of A02+3 combined

I know it sounds really precise, but if you are strict with yourself and keep within the time targets that you set yourself for each section, you'll have enough time to get enough marks of each section without writing over or under the given number of marks for each section and you wont run out of time! :smile:

yeh i generally try to do something like that (not as precise since i dont have a digital watch!), but i don't tend to plan, other than bullet point down the studies related. I can't decide whether to plan in the exam or not, i mean based on my psya4 result i don't need to, but i feel like i might really be pushed for time by this exam
I'm going to try one now :smile: If it comes out well i'll type it up and share :smile:

Thank you Joseanne XD
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by H-D Crossbones
Thank you Joseanne XD

How do you think the question could be asked:

"Discuss explanations of group displays of aggression as an adaptive response?" 9+ 16 marks.

Thats the title i am attempting, do you think it is right or similar to the phrasing they could use? Or do you think they would leave out the "adaptive response part" - its just that that is the phrasing in the spec

"Discuss explanations of group displays of aggression as an adaptive response?" 9+ 16 marks.

Thats the title i am attempting, do you think it is right or similar to the phrasing they could use? Or do you think they would leave out the "adaptive response part" - its just that that is the phrasing in the spec

I'm not quite sure, I want to say they would leave out the 'adaptive part' however that could just be wishfull thinking.
Most past questions havent really specified or related to anything like an 'adaptive response' style so.... :s-smilie:

I think the question would generalize as focusing on adaptive response narrows the marks abit too much...

Thats my opinion lol :rolleyes:
Reply 876
Did it in the post above :smile:

Thank you, that's really helpful!! :smile:
Reply 877
Hey,
I've just started this unit and was just wondering what the best revision guide/textbook is to get? I'm doing Aggression, relationships and Biological rhythms and sleep.

AQA are not able to ask such a specific question, as it is not specified in the specification, they can only ask about group displays in general. However you can still explain that the majority of explanations, especially those for lynch mobs, are seen as adaptive responses as a result of evolution.

Hope that helps :biggrin:
Anyone got any ideas what the questions for Biological Rhythms, Gender and Relationships will be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending