The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level Geography - Unit 3 Pre-release topic

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
I thought the maghreb questions were slightly gay. Plus, the superpowers one was NOT what I expected!!! SO glad I revised what I did!
Original post by just :)
wtf was that paper!!!??!!? did anyone else completely hate it?!

Yep, so not what i expected for superpowers :/ But the rest was okay :smile:
Yeah, the Superpowers question was incredibly specific, especially the "b" question. I thought that all the question were difficult, none of them were what I was expecting.
Reply 403
that paper raped me.
Reply 404
considering how late i started revising went pretty well :tongue:

section B questions weren't particularly nice along with part B of superpowers, but the energy question along with part A of superpower were beauties !
Reply 405
Wanted to die during that
Reply 406
i thought Section A was not too bad (I did energy security and superpowers) - but the Maghreb questions were quite hard and difficult to be synoptic about, apart from water security i suppose.

What was people's take on the last question?
Reply 407
I Was going to do superpowers but part b was horrible so switched to techno and energy. techno was really. Nice Maghreb questiones were cool.
Reply 408
Original post by dbolton
i thought Section A was not too bad (I did energy security and superpowers) - but the Maghreb questions were quite hard and difficult to be synoptic about, apart from water security i suppose.

What was people's take on the last question?

Politcal cross road = West (USA) or east (China) and liberlisation or cling onto social roots

Economic = AMU yes or no. GAFAT or U for Med. Tourism/diversify economy.

Hats off the the guy who predicted the last question due to the sign post on the resource! :smile:
Reply 409
I hated that paper. The questions were nothing like I imagined they would be. I went in knowing that I would do energy and superpowers, but part (b) of superpowers was so bizarre and I put down the wrong definition of the World theory - I mixed it up with another one :frown: I knew so much but none of it could be applied to the strange questions; both on section A and B.
Reply 410
Original post by ben05
Politcal cross road = West (USA) or east (China) and liberlisation or cling onto social roots

Economic = AMU yes or no. GAFAT or U for Med. Tourism/diversify economy.

Hats off the the guy who predicted the last question due to the sign post on the resource! :smile:

AHH No
i did HIPC-economical, could lead to politicial support
Commodoties- eco n political support through OPEC
Remittances- Eco growth

Conclude- join unions who will diverisfy and facilitate trade and political stability
---------------------------------------

I though the maghreb stuff was really good i had practiced the first two essays and the third politicial side made me a bit uh oh

Energy was cool easy resource and the question was good
superpowers i am F*********

I had no idea wat to write for part B
I did how China, brazil, Russia, India could be seen as superpwoers and growing
and then dependancy- ghana with neocolonialism
probs all wrong
Reply 411
raped me. Awful
Reply 412
did not expect that at all :frown:
What was that? WTF EVEN WAS THAT?! Argh.
Surprised i made it out alive. Ahhhh.
Original post by chipskylark
What was that? WTF EVEN WAS THAT?! Argh.

True...Was not what expected but at least that 3 hour torture is now over!
I was going to cry!
Reply 416
Original post by kingoftv
AHH No
i did HIPC-economical, could lead to politicial support
Commodoties- eco n political support through OPEC
Remittances- Eco growth

Conclude- join unions who will diverisfy and facilitate trade and political stability
---------------------------------------

I though the maghreb stuff was really good i had practiced the first two essays and the third politicial side made me a bit uh oh

Energy was cool easy resource and the question was good
superpowers i am F*********

I had no idea wat to write for part B
I did how China, brazil, Russia, India could be seen as superpwoers and growing
and then dependancy- ghana with neocolonialism
probs all wrong

Doesnt mean your wrong just a different stance :smile: I looked a part b and thought no way!!!!! horrible, so i switched to techno. Was really good question. I think the last one will have tripped up a lot of people!
Reply 417
GOD! So glad that is over! I did tech and energy. They were alright not sure about B and C on Maghreb. Got brain drain now and gotta revise for chem tommorow. YYYYYYiiipppeeee :frown:
Reply 418
Original post by CHemgeo
This is amazing! I am eternally grateful to you!

No problem :smile:

Original post by Poon-Handler
F.I

When I try and download your Powerpoint presentation it just says "unknown time remaining" and won't go further than 228kb

On firefox if that helps

Why is this fail?

I'm sorry I couldnt answer this question sooner! Hope your exam went well!

----

Woot! Yeah its over!
Not a bad paper! :smile: I did Energy and Superpower!
Maghreb questions were ok!
Reply 419
Original post by sk8inamy
GOD! So glad that is over! I did tech and energy. They were alright not sure about B and C on Maghreb. Got brain drain now and gotta revise for chem tommorow. YYYYYYiiipppeeee :frown:

Same I have chemistry tomorrow too
So far, Ive have had 4 exams in the last 3 days (including today)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending