The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
Original post by OceanFlanker
Does anyone else have offers for chemisty? or going Jesus?

I'm doing chemistry! At Worcester hopefully :smile:
Reply 1661
Original post by zigzog7
Yeh,we are a grammar school so we get quite a lot of oxbridge people really :smile: a lot of the teachers went there too.

Ahh cool we're a comprehensive...(that's the one where you don't pay isn't it?) but we have an amazing careers office :tongue:
Original post by Frankie
Ahh cool we're a comprehensive...(that's the one where you don't pay isn't it?) but we have an amazing careers office :tongue:

Yep, our school is free unless you want to board, which is fair enough really. Had first exam today (general studies) only 9 more to go now :s-smilie:
Reply 1663
Original post by zigzog7
Yep, our school is free unless you want to board, which is fair enough really. Had first exam today (general studies) only 9 more to go now :s-smilie:

Yeah lol sounds fair :tongue: we had to do general studies but we did the whole a level in the first year lol :tongue: I had maths c4 on monday I've only got 4 left now :biggrin:
Original post by Frankie
Yeah lol sounds fair :tongue: we had to do general studies but we did the whole a level in the first year lol :tongue: I had maths c4 on monday I've only got 4 left now :biggrin:

Ah c4, I did that last year :smile: was my worst maths module actually, only got 90 on it (shock horror) lol
Reply 1665
Original post by zigzog7
Do we have any engineers here?

Yep engineering science tho not EEM (:
Original post by Lucy23

same, which college?
Reply 1667
Original post by OceanFlanker
Does anyone else have offers for chemisty? or going Jesus?

my offer is from jesus (:
i think most of the people at jesus doing chemistry are girls (they were on the intro weekend)
Original post by Lucy23
my offer is from jesus (:
i think most of the people at jesus doing chemistry are girls (they were on the intro weekend)

Intro weekend? whats that?
Reply 1669
Original post by zigzog7
Intro weekend? whats that?

we had an 'introductory weekend' wheere we stayed for night
i think its only Jesus that does that though, no one else seems to have been to one
Original post by Lucy23
we had an 'introductory weekend' wheere we stayed for night
i think its only Jesus that does that though, no one else seems to have been to one

Yeh, I havent heard anything since my offer letter.
Original post by Lucy23

Engineering science, Lucy, Jesus college...
Why hello fellow nerd camper, I though I'd seen you around here :wink:
Reply 1672
Original post by Babs12123
Engineering science, Lucy, Jesus college...
Why hello fellow nerd camper, I though I'd seen you around here :wink:

well hey (: my name is SO MUCH less sublte than yours tho!!!
Original post by Lucy23
well hey (: my name is SO MUCH less sublte than yours tho!!!

Okay you may have a point there... Mine is a genuine nickname though, so only a bit subtle :biggrin:
Are you getting psyched for next year/4 years with me/4 years with Rohan/4 years with Anna/general awesomeness?
Reply 1674
Okay you may have a point there... Mine is a genuine nickname though, so only a bit subtle :biggrin:
Are you getting psyched for next year/4 years with me/4 years with Rohan/4 years with Anna/general awesomeness?

Hell, yes.
But only if i get in :wink:
Original post by Lucy23
Hell, yes.
But only if i get in :wink:

Ah yes, no jinxing.
Haven't you already got your A/A* in maths though? Darn you and your advanced grammar school..
Reply 1676
Ah yes, no jinxing.
Haven't you already got your A/A* in maths though? Darn you and your advanced grammar school..

ja but i still need 2 A's...
Original post by jenny18
Here I totally agree with you. This is how the discussion goes normally.

Interested Friend: Where are you going to uni?
Me: Possibly, fingers crossed, if I get the grades, if I'm really lucky, if nothing goes ludicrously wrong, then, in a perfect world...Oxford.

That's me on a good day when I'm feeling fairly confident.:redface:

Oh god please don't.
This was me every day until yesterday when my RS exam went tits up due to me not knowing that they could ask me a question on that topic!!!! :angry::angry::angry::confused::cry2:

So now I just say Leeds.
Eep, I have 2 exams at the end of this week and I'm so scared. I don't seem to have got into a motivated mindset at ALL this exam season, I'm sure I've not done enough work and have left everything too late...and I really don't think I'm going to get an A in French :cry2:
Reply 1679
Original post by flywithemma
Eep, I have 2 exams at the end of this week and I'm so scared. I don't seem to have got into a motivated mindset at ALL this exam season, I'm sure I've not done enough work and have left everything too late...and I really don't think I'm going to get an A in French :cry2:

Quite a few people are in that boat. I have three exams across Thursday/Friday. Done such little work its unreal. So ****ed.

Quick Reply

Latest