The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4180
Original post by SpringNicht
UKCAT booked, 26th august :biggrin: Payday is a beautiful thing.

Gonna get a head start on my personal statement over summer I think, and then in september start gearing up for BMAT as well as getting stuck into A2.

We started the A2 course this week. The teachers are taking it so seriously, we even have a test coming up...
Original post by liviaaa
We started the A2 course this week. The teachers are taking it so seriously, we even have a test coming up...

we are told to start projects for A2

i've done nothing of the sort, i'll forget most of it over summer

this doesn't mean i won't , it is useful

=D but yeah
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4182
Original post by anonnymous
we are told to start projects for A2

i've done nothing of the sort, i'll forget most of it over summer

this doesn't mean i won't , it is useful

=D but yeah

Yes it's useful, but I just want to relax for a bit, AS levels have drained me this year. :tongue: So personal statement, revising for my UKCAT and A2's before September.. yaaay. :/
Original post by liviaaa
Yes it's useful, but I just want to relax for a bit, AS levels have drained me this year. :tongue: So personal statement, revising for my UKCAT and A2's before September.. yaaay. :/

same!

i need to write a ps, with no work experience lol!:O
Reply 4184
same!

i need to write a ps, with no work experience lol!:O

Yeah I have 2 weeks until my school want the rough draft in :frown:

Ohh, get booking some, then leave a gap on your personal statement to add it in later!
Original post by EternalDoom

Original post by EternalDoom
I've got a PS i made in year 11 summer holiday, so i have a base to improve upon, because there are a billion ways now i can improve it, but at least i have a stepping stone to start off instead of a blank word document.

I really wish I'd done that :sigh:
Sigh...i wish i could get work experience, or voluntary..how do i write a ps?

Gandalf: "that was out of your hands, and not for you to decide, all you have to decide is what to write with the experiences that have been given to you, and that is the real courage"

=/ but then it has been all in vain, my applicaiton to medicine is finished

Aragorn: "not if you hold true to your dreams, you cannot allow them to suffer death, not while you have strength left. Now work hard, we travel lightly, let's hunt the university"
Reply 4187
Sigh...i wish i could get work experience, or voluntary..how do i write a ps?

Gandalf: "that was out of your hands, and not for you to decide, all you have to decide is what to write with the experiences that have been given to you, and that is the real courage"

=/ but then it has been all in vain, my applicaiton to medicine is finished

Aragorn: "not if you hold true to your dreams, you cannot allow them to suffer death, not while you have strength left. Now work hard, we travel lightly, let's hunt the university"

Try a local chariety shop? They have said yes to everyone I know of, and no CRB checks etc, so quite easy.
Original post by liviaaa
Try a local chariety shop? They have said yes to everyone I know of, and no CRB checks etc, so quite easy.

I got rejected from a charity shop. :frown:
Original post by liviaaa

:smile: Volunteered at a charity shop for around 60 hours, and have taught and intereacted with children for roughly about 6-7 months on saturdays.

^^ i am looking for a care home, and a hospital to volunteer to, got 5 letters to send, and 2-3 more care homes to phone up, so still half-hopeful, but i need time to do my ps, and i may not get any w/e

:smile: cheers though
Original post by Limitless

i was taken in :s-smilie:

have you got a hospital placement ect?

if you do, then you're there.

if not, there are 50000 charity shops, apply to each one.
Reply 4191

Oh :/ Try another?
Reply 4192
:smile: Volunteered at a charity shop for around 60 hours, and have taught and intereacted with children for roughly about 6-7 months on saturdays.

^^ i am looking for a care home, and a hospital to volunteer to, got 5 letters to send, and 2-3 more care homes to phone up, so still half-hopeful, but i need time to do my ps, and i may not get any w/e

:smile: cheers though

Well that's a start - you said you had nothing! :tongue:
Original post by liviaaa
Oh :/ Try another?

Yeah I will tomorrow.

i was taken in :s-smilie:

have you got a hospital placement ect?

if you do, then you're there.

if not, there are 50000 charity shops, apply to each one.

50000 charity shop and only 3 in my area. :frown:
Original post by liviaaa
Well that's a start - you said you had nothing! :tongue:

nothing relative to everyone else who will apply:smile:

i need to stand out=/ but atm i am not standing out at all.
Yeah I will tomorrow.

50000 charity shop and only 3 in my area. :frown:

apply everyone, new york, tunisia, libiya

:smile: joking, yeah i did charity shop work last year, but i need to do something more relevant though

Possibly because you addressed them as "blad"?
Reply 4197
nothing relative to everyone else who will apply:smile:

i need to stand out=/ but atm i am not standing out at all.

It's just how you dress it up really, not many people have something that really stands out, more just the way they make it sound. The majority have at least a few of: good grades, work experience, sport, prefect/head girl or boy, musical instrumennts, voulntary work, a job etccc.
Original post by ChessMister
Possibly because you addressed them as "blad"?

I believe the correct term is "blud".
Original post by liviaaa
It's just how you dress it up really, not many people have something that really stands out, more just the way they make it sound. The majority have at least a few of: good grades, work experience, sport, prefect/head girl or boy, musical instrumennts, voulntary work, a job etccc.

i've bolded the ones universities don't care much about

Latest

Trending

Trending