The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
Dunno if this is the right thread but I watched Inception a few days ago and well...I think I got it but I'm not sure! LOL

In the end he was dreaming wasn't he?

Good film though
Original post by zjs
I am for them. :sexface:

Their acting prowess is just so... big. :fan:

:rofl: doesn't answer my question lol but I do agree :wink:
Original post by Tpos
Dunno if this is the right thread but I watched Inception a few days ago and well...I think I got it but I'm not sure! LOL

Good film though

Moreso it was supposed to incite in the viewers that he is happy now and doesn't care....what he thinks is what he believes!
You don't have to be a girl to like a fim with Craig, Hanks and Law in :sexface:
Reply 2544
Original post by Tpos

Good film though

Original post by boromir9111
Moreso it was supposed to incite in the viewers that he is happy now and doesn't care....what he thinks is what he believes!

Discussions about Inception's ending have been done to death. :sadnod:

The only point Nolan was trying to make with the ending is that it's ambiguous. He deliberately made it so that the audience could make up their minds one way or the other.
Damn you all :colonhash:

I have an exam on Thursday and ive now stuck Road to Perdition on.
Reply 2546

yeh i got that :smile: .but...

Original post by zjs

The only point Nolan was trying to make with the ending is that it's ambiguous. He deliberately made it so that the audience could make up their minds one way or the other.

he was still dreaming :smile:

Anyway any recommendations for a film to watch?
Original post by cambo211

Huh? You mad? Study. :colonhash:
There are many stories about Michael Sullivan. Some say he was a decent man. Some say there was no good in him at all. But I once spent six weeks on the road with him, in the winter of 1931. This is our story.

Original post by Madjackismad
Huh? You mad? Study. :colonhash:

I've kind of given up hope on it. It's not a subject i'm carrying into 2nd year and after half an hour of staring i still have no idea how i'd approach a 'Was the war in Iraq an ‘Unnecessary War’?' type question.
(edited 12 years ago)
You don't have to be a girl to like a fim with Craig, Hanks and Law in :sexface:

:rofl:

you still have exams :eek: good god, Cambo

bet you can't wait for summer and several movie marathons

Definetely need to go to somerset house in July, some decent films are gonna be shown too
Original post by lukejoshjedi
you still have exams :eek: good god, Cambo

This is the first of my exams.
Reply 2552

That's it, succumb to our peer pressure and my film choices. :evil:

Original post by Tpos

Anyway any recommendations for a film to watch?

What type of film are you in the mood for? :beard:
Reply 2553
Original post by lukejoshjedi

Definetely need to go to somerset house in July, some decent films are gonna be shown too

Squeezing in to a crowded courtyard to sit on stone cobbles and watch a film as the temperature plummets really isn't all it's cracked-up to be.
Original post by zjs
That's it, succumb to our peer pressure and my film choices. :evil:

It's one of my favourites tbh.

Finally picked it up new on DVD for £1.50 about a month ago.
Reply 2555
Original post by zjs

What type of film are you in the mood for? :beard:

lol at the beard!
anything but action
Parts of The Dark Knight Rises have been secretly filmed in Glasgow with more shots coming. WHAT THE FRIGGING HELL!? :lolwut:

Oh, and there's this: http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/117/1176169p1.html
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by zjs
Squeezing in to a crowded courtyard to sit on stone cobbles and watch a film as the temperature plummets really isn't all it's cracked-up to be.

fairplay, have some not so fond memories of somerset house then? :tongue: I just want to watch Kung Fu hustle again with a bunch of people, it's just even more funny
Your DP is amazing.....are you questioning reality or just happy with it? :awesome:

It is part of my elaborate exit strategy from TSR. The day I leave I'm going to change it a top that's fallen over, and allow everyone to marvel at my depth.

Original post by zjs
Something to do with "using child actors from the slums" and then "returning" them, as I remember? Seemed very unlikely, either way.

It was a rather more necessary procedure on a far more "intimate" area. :pierre:

I was more referring to the public backlash where loads of people suddenly decided it was awful and didn't deserve any awards. But yeah, there was that as well.

I've kind of given up hope on it. It's not a subject i'm carrying into 2nd year and after half an hour of staring i still have no idea how i'd approach a 'Was the war in Iraq an ‘Unnecessary War’?' type question.

Well then stick on No End In Sight and combine business with pleasure. :p:

Quick Reply

Latest