The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Philosophy and Ethics, UNIT4: Implications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diamonddust
This. I feel slightly better now knowing I'm not the only one.

THIS! Is Westphal still alive? :tongue: I wish I had a time machine. I'd go back in time and tell him concentrating on Philosophy is stupid and he should become a hermit.

Baaaby you're not alooone! Cause you're here with me! And nothing's ever gonna take us down... :tongue:

/singing

Should we do some sort of structured help each other thing?

I'll pull out all my resources on Donavan and Ayer. Anyone else totally bypassing Westphal?

seriously considering it, kant will be the death of me.
what can i put in A02 for westphal?
Reply 103
haha, "kant will be the death of me" - agreed!
not feeling this exam :/ fml
Original post by nafeesa_x
hi everyone, exam tomorrow :frown: i think Ayer might come up my teacher also agrees
anyways i have a link to some really good stuff on Ayer which should help you in the exam
http://www.divinity.cam.ac.uk/documents/Richard%20Kueh%20notes%20on%20Ayer%20Source%20and%20Religious%20Language%202of3.pdf

Even stressed out more now because I don't know half the stuff that is mentioned there D:
Good website though :P
Reply 105
:yes: I'm sure you'll be fine!

I officially love you! :love:
That website is seriously amazing. I actually sort of understand what you're meant to do now. Basically look at all the key terms and highlight what they mean... I knew that was what we were meant to do but I didn't understand it at all in principle. Thank you!

If I don't totally fail this exam, I'll buy you all drinks or something!

haha happy to help :smile:
Reply 106
by the way, anyone know what the grade boundary is to get an A? Not for this exam but for the whole A2 overall?
Original post by lissshannon
what can i put in A02 for westphal?

You know your knowledge is bad when you read this and your first thought is 'Who's Westphal?' :facepalm:
Original post by Kebabbi
by the way, anyone know what the grade boundary is to get an A? Not for this exam but for the whole A2 overall?

*hopes they're stupidly low*
Reply 109
Original post by Kebabbi

i THINK (from what i remember) it's 320/400
Reply 110
*hopes they're stupidly low*

heh. same. how much of this exam can i blag without knowing very much at all?? i need 75ish (UMS) for an A overall, and don't know where to begin with revision aha
If I don't know **** by 10pm, I'm giving up!
Well the UMS changes with how difficult the papers are... so they had better be very lenient this year as they have been horrible so far!

Don't ask me how the UMS works though as I really don't understand it. :tongue:
I'm making my notes on religious experience now, when thats over i'll jot own a couple of philosophers from the cosmological and teleological arguments and stop. Then I'll look over all of Ayer's paragraphs in case he actually does come up.

I'm scared.
You know your knowledge is bad when you read this and your first thought is 'Who's Westphal?' :facepalm:

i couldnt tell you who he was tbh, just he is clearly evil and wants me to suffer.
how are you guys revising this? every time I even attempt to read one of the article, i loose concentration/care within 10 minutes! seriously loosing the world to live!!
Original post by gravitywontgetyouhigh
how are you guys revising this? every time I even attempt to read one of the article, i loose concentration/care within 10 minutes! seriously loosing the world to live!!

ive made a list of key words that need to/i want to be in each essay. So for westphal: scholasticism, deism, hume/kant, deontology, schilemacher, hume, marx. and then memorising the key words. it worked really well for the developments, and the essays themselves make me want to cry :') however the AO2 section of westphal is lacking and i think if he comes up im just going to have to blag my way through :')
Original post by gravitywontgetyouhigh

For Ayer, my teacher helped me come up with an introduction and conclusion that can be applied to any of the extracts that come up so I am just looking at it and typing it up again. For the main part, I just done detailed notes on each of the paragraphs; looking at them and typing them up :smile: I sort of gave up trying to revise Westphal and Donovan so I am screwed if Ayer does not come up D:

By 9pm I will probably have given up. It might be even 10pm! but I have no will power so I doubt it :P
Original post by Bluemonster3
For Ayer, my teacher helped me come up with an introduction and conclusion that can be applied to any of the extracts that come up so I am just looking at it and typing it up again. For the main part, I just done detailed notes on each of the paragraphs; looking at them and typing them up :smile: I sort of gave up trying to revise Westphal and Donovan so I am screwed if Ayer does not come up D:

By 9pm I will probably have given up. It might be even 10pm! but I have no will power so I doubt it :P

Could you give some tips on what to include in the introduction an conclusion please? :biggrin:
Reply 119
Original post by lissshannon
ive made a list of key words that need to/i want to be in each essay. So for westphal: scholasticism, deism, hume/kant, deontology, schilemacher, hume, marx. and then memorising the key words. it worked really well for the developments, and the essays themselves make me want to cry :') however the AO2 section of westphal is lacking and i think if he comes up im just going to have to blag my way through :')

YES! i couldn't define any of those key words! :|

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending