The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilynda
can u explain how u answer the seaweed question.
oh my..i like 2 eat seaweed but ihate it now

yeah i saw the word seaweed and was like noooooooooo :frown: but then read it and realised i liked it! well the green seaweed cant absorb green light, so therefore would be found where the other light wavelengths can easily reach it - and has higher photosynthesis rates in these wavelengths. the red sea weed is the same - photosynthesis can happen best in green or other light (not red) so is adapted to live in a place where there is lots of green and other light wavelengths. upper shore = cliffs/top of beach, while lower shore = sea, deeper water. sorry i cant exactly remember the exact info they gave in the exam! tried to forget haha

Edit: why the neg rep? i explained what i could remember of how i answered it... thats what i was asked!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 701
Original post by tophothari
Im not confused, i swear there was a question about transect.... it asked us how you would determine the species density (which is species distribution/abundance) in two different plant species.

I described using a line quadrat...

i swear, there was a question...

i don't... think... i imagined writing answer to that question... or did i...
i swear im not deluded...

ok well either, you're right and myself and everyone else I've seen on this thread missed the question or had selective amnesia, or maybe you read the question wrong or are getting mixed up with a past paper you did the day/morning before or something.

I'm not having a go but I've seen several people on this thread who don't recognise q3 and unless it was hidden and the rest of us happened to miss it, it wasn't there, so I'm assuming that that question wasn't on the paper.
Reply 702
I'm reading this comments and what is this about a question on transects? I swear I didn't see that. . . =/
Reply 703
Original post by SleepyJC

I'm reading this comments and what is this about a question on transects? I swear I didn't see that. . . =/

same i was worried too, thinking i may have missed out a page, but i really dont think it came up, i discussed with my mates and no one mentioned it , in fact we noticed that not a single god damn core practical came up, then what is the ****ing point if teaching it and being core if it does not come up,,,, grrrrr i hate edexcel
hey guys!!

1 WORD: YUCK!!

literally i was disgusted by da paper!! :frown: i dunno i was lucky 2 finish it :s-smilie: but lolz even if i did ryt anything it was all crap !! nway i want 2 make sure of sum of my answers:

1. da seaweed question i gave top for da second column dont remember da species name n middle 4 da 1st column!! I READ da previous comments but im still didnt get it!! even after soo many hours i still didnt understand it :frown:

2. wat did u guys ryt abt da last answer how HIV will react 2 overuse or sumthing lyk dat! :s-smilie:

3.n da argon thingy i wrote NO so dats correct ryt? cuz we learnt abt Carbon dating n nothing else!!

4. ohhh n can sum1 nycely explain da 1st question where dey asked which species?? i answered da 1st species cuz it can survive better in cooler temperatures as as wen distance increases 4m da equator da temp decreases soo at 5 degree celsius its rate of development is more :s-smilie: ?? but i didnt ryt anything abt limiting factor n all dat :frown: wat is da ryt thing 4 sure??

thnkuss n good luck 4 everything else :smile:
ive created a facebook page in protest against unit 4 exam! join :smile: wont let me post so search
Protest agains Edexcel biology unit 4 exam - 13/06/11
x
Original post by Samia99
Abiotic Factors?

Lol i wrote abt the Temp of the Surroundings :tongue:

And the Othr i just baffld .. Abt the ph of surrounding atmosphere where the body was kept :tongue:

Oh crap :frown:

I put temp of surroundings and temp of the body when it died? don't think that's abiotic though!
Reply 707
Original post by PsyChris
same i was worried too, thinking i may have missed out a page, but i really dont think it came up, i discussed with my mates and no one mentioned it , in fact we noticed that not a single god damn core practical came up, then what is the ****ing point if teaching it and being core if it does not come up,,,, grrrrr i hate edexcel

Electrophoresis came up buddy :wink:
Original post by alishpie
what did people put for the question about the name of the layer of skin that protects us or something? i remember one of the choices was epidermis, and a couple of them i've never even heard of :s-smilie: something like schlerechyma, which was the one i ticked but ive just googled it and its something to do with plants!

Keratin is a protein in the epidermis/skin. I did an Edexcel past paper from years ago that wasn't for this spec but it had the question and I did it a couple days ago! So it was def epidermis. I Didn't recognise a couple of the words in the options they gave you.
Reply 710
Lol, there was no Q abt Transect yo! :tongue:
Reply 711
Original post by nooraltareif

Cool! lol i'm the first one to like :tongue:
for the seaweed one i put all for one and top for the other.. the green is not absorbed by water - so that one can be anywhere.. the other one was a bit more obvious
Reply 713
Original post by Flutterby 92
hey guys!!

1 WORD: YUCK!!

literally i was disgusted by da paper!! :frown: i dunno i was lucky 2 finish it :s-smilie: but lolz even if i did ryt anything it was all crap !! nway i want 2 make sure of sum of my answers:

1. da seaweed question i gave top for da second column dont remember da species name n middle 4 da 1st column!! I READ da previous comments but im still didnt get it!! even after soo many hours i still didnt understand it :frown:

2. wat did u guys ryt abt da last answer how HIV will react 2 overuse or sumthing lyk dat! :s-smilie:

3.n da argon thingy i wrote NO so dats correct ryt? cuz we learnt abt Carbon dating n nothing else!!

4. ohhh n can sum1 nycely explain da 1st question where dey asked which species?? i answered da 1st species cuz it can survive better in cooler temperatures as as wen distance increases 4m da equator da temp decreases soo at 5 degree celsius its rate of development is more :s-smilie: ?? but i didnt ryt anything abt limiting factor n all dat :frown: wat is da ryt thing 4 sure??

thnkuss n good luck 4 everything else :smile:

1). Is it really that difficult to speak properly?

2). I don't understand your first 3 points and on your 4th point, you are just totally wrong on everything, apart from that yes the temperature does decrease the furthur from the ecuator... Would help you, but I can't.
Reply 714
Original post by PsyChris

I agree with you...I hate edexcel (however the M2 paper in the same morning was nice, I just hate SNAB:mad:)the whole paper was just rubbish.=[ I spent so long revising for this retake and hardly anything worthy came up. Now I'm cramming for Chem for tomorrow, Fml.
Reply 715

I agree with you...I hate edexcel (however the M2 paper in the same morning was nice, I just hate SNAB:mad:)the whole paper was just rubbish.=[ I spent so long revising for this retake and hardly anything worthy came up. Now I'm cramming for Chem for tomorrow, Fml.

i no all i can say i really empathise with you, and gd luck for tomorrow!!
Reply 716
noo i didnt put epidermis and i knew that from simpsons!!

also that seaweed question just confused me i turned in to a ten year old and was like 'yeah this grows best in blue light so it will be near the sea because its blue' o.O
Reply 717
Original post by tophothari
Im not confused, i swear there was a question about transect.... it asked us how you would determine the species density (which is species distribution/abundance) in two different plant species.

I described using a line quadrat...

i swear, there was a question...

i don't... think... i imagined writing answer to that question... or did i...
i swear im not deluded...

loooooool awww
Reply 718
Original post by microfatcat
Oh crap :frown:

I put temp of surroundings and temp of the body when it died? don't think that's abiotic though!

I believe i but temp and oxygen concentration, or i put temp and ATP stores within cell. Now im not sure if the ATP stores are environmental =| heres to hoping.
Original post by Core
I believe i but temp and oxygen concentration, or i put temp and ATP stores within cell. Now im not sure if the ATP stores are environmental =| heres to hoping.

ATP stores are probably not environmental.

What exactly was the seaweed question about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending