The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
i was told today in the local library i wasn't allowed to eat in there unless it was chocolate! what kind of a bull**** rule is that :s-smilie:
Original post by diamonddust

Oh dear... :hugs:

I know. Its worrying how rarely we see her eat tbh.

Spoiler

Original post by squiff93
i was told today in the local library i wasn't allowed to eat in there unless it was chocolate! what kind of a bull**** rule is that :s-smilie:

WHAT! Surely chocolate goes all melty melty and then is all over your fingers, and you lick it off, but they're still all sticky and such?
Reply 662
Original post by .snowflake.
I know. Its worrying how rarely we see her eat tbh.

Spoiler

WHAT! Surely chocolate goes all melty melty and then is all over your fingers, and you lick it off, but they're still all sticky and such?

I KNOW lol, i later went up to the front desk informing them that i was 'disatisfied with the conduct of their staff' because the past 2 weeks the people who work there have shown serious age discrimination and just been soo unaccomadating! i was shaking ridiculously though while i was talking. i was tempted to ask about what the relationship between food with nutritional value and disruptive behaviour was but i resisted lol

and yeah i've had the same thing today, my friends also on a diet and only eats dinner everyday, but the difference between her and me is that if she was to **** up this diet it wouldn't be the end of the world to her and her diet isn't so long-term. is your friend constantly dieting, like is it a mindset or a diet?

and yeah i've had the same thing today, my friends also on a diet and only eats dinner everyday, but the difference between her and me is that if she was to **** up this diet it wouldn't be the end of the world to her and her diet isn't so long-term. is your friend constantly dieting, like is it a mindset or a diet?

I've no idea. She's been like this as long as I've known her. Shes a perfectionist, no doubt about it. She claims she eats loads at home. I'm not convinced. Very good at doing the 'omgz, my thighs are huge' thing. Annoying as hell because there isnt an ounze of fat on her!

The poeple at my local library are useless too. I wanted to borrow 'Der Vorleser', their searchy thing says that they have the book in atm. I goes in, asks for it. The second I tell the lady its in German 'Oh, it might be upstairs.'
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 664
Woo :biggrin: well done hun.

Original post by diamonddust
Musing about this thread...

Spoiler

Negative exam rant alert...

Spoiler

On a positive note, this time next week I'll be FREE of exams! And in two days time I'll only have one exam left that I need a relatively low grade in. And it's fun to revise Psychology anyway. It doesn't make me sad. *glares at RS essays*
I'm going to find a job so I can earn some money and not lounge about in the summer. And I'm going to Paris in August which should be a nice change of scene and I don't need to worry about food because we're renting a house so I can take food with me. And I'm meeting up with friends I haven't seen. And my stepmomma has promised to take me out somewhere. So I DO have things to look forward to and I just need to get through these exams and this blip. I don't like feeling miserable when I have no real reason to be.

I've just realised I swear a lot. Sorry.

First spoiler:
I just noticed that, it does seem weird... maybe it's like you know before the tsunami all the animals ran inland? Well maybe we're just psychic and intuitive like that; our eating patterns are reflective of some major worldwide conspiracy... o.O
(yeah or maybe I'm just bonkers)

Second spoiler:
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I can't really say anything about Ayer/Westphal because I don't study that anthology, all I can say is:
a) Even if it doesn't go quite as well as you'd like, it's only 25% of the marks, you probably don't even need to turn up to get at least a B! It's all just bonus marks :wink:
b) I haven't written any essays, let alone learned them, and not wanting to sound complacent but I am by far the most prepared out of my class. Assuming there are many more schools like mine, you are already at an advantage just having written the essays! :smile:
c) You will get into UEA because your previously demonstrated powers of prayer are second to none :')

There's not really anything you can change now, all you can do is chill and sleep and do your best, but you seem really prepared so I really wouldn't worry :smile:

Couldn't read the third spoiler, sorry :frown: my stupid pooey piece of poo is being extraordinarily pooey tonight. But major good luck for tomorrow, you will be fine and your summer will be AWESOME and you WILL get to UEA :biggrin: oh and I'm attempting pre-exam breakfast tomorrow, I think you should too! :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 665
Might be triggering.....

Spoiler

Original post by Linweth

Original post by Linweth
Might be triggering.....

Spoiler

You are not fat, at all! Try to eat the cookie if you can - it's not going to hurt you, it'll only hurt the ED in showing it that you are stronger. I know it's hard but try to ignore the evil little voice of the ED. You are not worthless of disgusting!
Reply 667
I've no idea. She's been like this as long as I've known her. Shes a perfectionist, no doubt about it. She claims she eats loads at home. I'm not convinced. Very good at doing the 'omgz, my thighs are huge' thing. Annoying as hell because there isnt an ounze of fat on her!

The poeple at my local library are useless too. I wanted to borrow 'Der Vorleser', their searchy thing says that they have the book in atm. I goes in, asks for it. The second I tell the lady its in German 'Oh, it might be upstairs.'

ah librarians these days ey its like they think that i'm spending all my time there through choice!

yeah i know, my friends are similar they aren't really careful about what they say at all, but if i was to say the stuff they said it would have a completely different meaning and be interpreted sooo differently, it kind of makes me think that the thoughts in my head are totally normal aswell because i don't understand the difference between me other people on a diet. i'm so sure i eat more than half of my friends but then sometimes they eat stuff that i couldn't and don't flinch about it it confuses me so much.
ah librarians these days ey its like they think that i'm spending all my time there through choice!

yeah i know, my friends are similar they aren't really careful about what they say at all, but if i was to say the stuff they said it would have a completely different meaning and be interpreted sooo differently, it kind of makes me think that the thoughts in my head are totally normal aswell because i don't understand the difference between me other people on a diet. i'm so sure i eat more than half of my friends but then sometimes they eat stuff that i couldn't and don't flinch about it it confuses me so much.

THe most insensitive thing i've ever heard

Spoiler

Any advice or support for me?
Reply 670
THe most insensitive thing i've ever heard

Spoiler

RIDICULOUS people just don't understand, its so annoying the false opinion people have of people have on people with eating disorders about them being attention seeking and what not. if you have an eating disorder the aim is not to tell people about what your eating and not to get caught. whereas other people loveeee to slag people like us off, for our bodies, ways of thinking and say we want to be original or want attention or some other bull**** but then there ALWAYS the ones talking about their weight, their diet expecting other people to compliment them on their success their weight their strength etc which is just what they choose to insult other people about ARGH!

i've had a friend ask me to recommend a diet to her before, and so i did ... i really don't know why but i did. and she actually said ermmm i think i'd rather eat less than that .... rather triggering
RIDICULOUS people just don't understand, its so annoying the false opinion people have of people have on people with eating disorders about them being attention seeking and what not. if you have an eating disorder the aim is not to tell people about what your eating and not to get caught. whereas other people loveeee to slag people like us off, for our bodies, ways of thinking and say we want to be original or want attention or some other bull**** but then there ALWAYS the ones talking about their weight, their diet expecting other people to compliment them on their success their weight their strength etc which is just what they choose to insult other people about ARGH!

i've had a friend ask me to recommend a diet to her before, and so i did ... i really don't know why but i did. and she actually said ermmm i think i'd rather eat less than that .... rather triggering

I know. And I'm sat there going, you'll manage maybe a week or two before binging on fruitcake because you'll feel that light headed and dizzy. Everything'll take 300 times as much effort, and screw being able to write a coherant sentence in english!
Then the bitch gets me dragged into the heads office twice in two days. Once over the fact a lad tried to put his hand up her skirt and obv. in her desperation to get the school to actually do something about this lad, dragged me into it, and my lack of eating at the time. The same lad bullied me relentlessly between Y7 and 11.
(edited 12 years ago)
morrisman - they accepted it as fluid finally sorting itself out. was told my weight on thurs would be the most accurate reflection. however it's ward round tomorrow and i'm expecting a meal plan increase.

which i am DREADING.

and today has been hard. i fricking HATE soup. the toast and butter is 320 alone, and it's a MASSIVE bowl of soup and it has CHEESE added to it. it's meant to be a 'snack' meal that's probably in excess of 700 calories, fgs. on top of a lunch of cheese-stuffed supreme of chicken with 2 massive scoops of mash and veg and gravy, the cheese was leaking fatty juices everywhere...

:frown:...

i'm feeling disgusting.
Deliberately? or not?
Hello?
Original post by drbluebox
Hello?

I've seen your message. Can't help sorry. Most of us who are active on here are usually AN sufferers or EDNOS.
If its not a rammed your fingers/ toothbrush down your throat to make yourself sick type of being sick, I wouldnt beat yourself up over it.

Have discussed vomit far too much today. Doesnt help when the 2nd page in the book your reading for german is essentially all on this topic.
Original post by drbluebox
I assume I have an eating disorder but in the other direction, I can starve for days then pig out and about 6 years ago kept trying to make myself sick and tried taking large doses of laxatives each day.

Not sure if that messed me up as I was thin before that(though always broad) but after I started taking the laxatives my weight actually went up really fast and has gone up since.

These days I have severe depression so often starve but I am a cram sort of eater, when I do actually eat I hate leftovers so no matter what be it a pizza a friend bought for us to share and he then decides not to have any I will eat till I feel sick, sometimes thats a few slices.

Or I have a pack of crumpets and I eat the whole lot or even if I am full with 2 or 3 its stuck on my mind so I will eat them later even if I am in pain eating them.

I starve often all day and eat at night and waste a lot of food as I struggle to eat anything hence the cramming just so I eat something.

When I go back to parents for a week despite 2 meals a day and a snack for supper like a sandwich I lose a stone over a week! which goes back on within about 10 days with my diet when I get back.

I'm sorry, I'm really not feeling up to giving advice atm. Re: the laxatives, well they dehydrate you so you probably gained back water weight. I'll try and say something tomorrow when I feel less **** and easily triggered. I don't really know what to say because I only have experience with laxatives. :hugs:

Original post by Kebabbi
Woo :biggrin: well done hun.

First spoiler:
I just noticed that, it does seem weird... maybe it's like you know before the tsunami all the animals ran inland? Well maybe we're just psychic and intuitive like that; our eating patterns are reflective of some major worldwide conspiracy... o.O
(yeah or maybe I'm just bonkers)

Second spoiler:
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I can't really say anything about Ayer/Westphal because I don't study that anthology, all I can say is:
a) Even if it doesn't go quite as well as you'd like, it's only 25% of the marks, you probably don't even need to turn up to get at least a B! It's all just bonus marks :wink:
b) I haven't written any essays, let alone learned them, and not wanting to sound complacent but I am by far the most prepared out of my class. Assuming there are many more schools like mine, you are already at an advantage just having written the essays! :smile:
c) You will get into UEA because your previously demonstrated powers of prayer are second to none :')

There's not really anything you can change now, all you can do is chill and sleep and do your best, but you seem really prepared so I really wouldn't worry :smile:

Couldn't read the third spoiler, sorry :frown: my stupid pooey piece of poo is being extraordinarily pooey tonight. But major good luck for tomorrow, you will be fine and your summer will be AWESOME and you WILL get to UEA :biggrin: oh and I'm attempting pre-exam breakfast tomorrow, I think you should too! :wink:

Thank you hun. I hope you're feeling ok. Pre exam breakfast! :yes:
You know what? Screw trying to revise anymore, think I'm going to go to bed and wake up really early tomorrow. You've cheered me up. It's only 25%. *breathes*
Love you honey, don't you worry either! It'll be fine! :hugs:
(edited 12 years ago)
I used to do that all the time when I was drinking, literally every night out I threw up even after a few drinks in fact so much so I used to almost look forward to it and if I didnt get sick on a night out I used to feel like something was wrong.
Reply 679
I know. And I'm sat there going, you'll manage maybe a week or two before binging on fruitcake because you'll feel that light headed and dizzy. Everything'll take 300 times as much effort, and screw being able to write a coherant sentence in english!

exactly, i hate to feel too sorry for myself but this really really isn't a choice because no-one would choose it. i can understand people not wanting to throw themselves into recovery because its so scary and the ED is like a comfort blanket a lot of the time.

to be honest i get mixed emotions when my friends diet, a part of me gets excited because i know it'll spur me on more and make me more determined than ever, but then because sometimes it means i eat when they don't because i tend to faint if i miss meals - i end up feeling greedy and rubbish at dieting. but then i get happy because they always fail and tell me about it so then i feel like i beat them.

GOD THATS SO SICK :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest