The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Hang in there custard, can your read a book or listen to music to distract yourself?

You continue to amaze us all with your strenght and determination to beat this and get to Uni :biggrin:
Original post by squiff93
exactly, i hate to feel too sorry for myself but this really really isn't a choice because no-one would choose it. i can understand people not wanting to throw themselves into recovery because its so scary and the ED is like a comfort blanket a lot of the time.

to be honest i get mixed emotions when my friends diet, a part of me gets excited because i know it'll spur me on more and make me more determined than ever, but then because sometimes it means i eat when they don't because i tend to faint if i miss meals - i end up feeling greedy and rubbish at dieting. but then i get happy because they always fail and tell me about it so then i feel like i beat them.

GOD THATS SO SICK :frown:

I know. Why did you think I did my controversial speech for english on AN. Well, mainly down to the fact that the media was coming out with *******s about pics of skinny models etc. making us anorexic etc. Didnt realise I'd have 5 lasses in my english set in tears. Knew about one of them, cos she'd mentioned it a few weeks b4. Felt like **** for weeks afterwards.
Reply 682
Original post by .snowflake.
I know. Why did you think I did my controversial speech for english on AN. Well, mainly down to the fact that the media was coming out with *******s about pics of skinny models etc. making us anorexic etc. Didnt realise I'd have 5 lasses in my english set in tears. Knew about one of them, cos she'd mentioned it a few weeks b4. Felt like **** for weeks afterwards.

jeez thats such a brave thing to do yano, like i would so want to educate people about it but i'd be too scared to talk about it in front of other people because people are so judgemental no matter what you say. i can imagine you felt bad but tbh people need to be informed and by talking about it you must have been stepping out of your confort zone because its something that affects you not just the 5 girls in your class. i think my speech was on poverty :smile: defo took the easier option
Original post by *custardcream
morrisman - they accepted it as fluid finally sorting itself out. was told my weight on thurs would be the most accurate reflection. however it's ward round tomorrow and i'm expecting a meal plan increase.

which i am DREADING.

and today has been hard. i fricking HATE soup. the toast and butter is 320 alone, and it's a MASSIVE bowl of soup and it has CHEESE added to it. it's meant to be a 'snack' meal that's probably in excess of 700 calories, fgs. on top of a lunch of cheese-stuffed supreme of chicken with 2 massive scoops of mash and veg and gravy, the cheese was leaking fatty juices everywhere...

:frown:...

i'm feeling disgusting.

Haven't got much (anything) to say but :hugs:
jeez thats such a brave thing to do yano, like i would so want to educate people about it but i'd be too scared to talk about it in front of other people because people are so judgemental no matter what you say. i can imagine you felt bad but tbh people need to be informed and by talking about it you must have been stepping out of your confort zone because its something that affects you not just the 5 girls in your class. i think my speech was on poverty :smile: defo took the easier option

I really, really didnt want to give it (convinced EVERYONE would know i'm mucked up food wisey)/ HAD to do well in it (Eng. teacher has a friend with AN.) Got a really high A in it though iirc.
Reply 685

Spoiler

I did a speech on the danger of pro ana sites in year 9 after seeing an article about them in Cosmogirl or Sugar or something. Part of me is still convinced I got triggered by it, even though I didn't actually get ill until years later and when I did get ill, I never did anything I researched. :rolleyes:
Why did you feel like ****? I'd be proud of myself, it's really brave to speak out about it. :hugs:
Reply 687
I really, really didnt want to give it (convinced EVERYONE would know i'm mucked up food wisey)/ HAD to do well in it (Eng. teacher has a friend with AN.) Got a really high A in it though iirc.

ah thats good :smile: to be honest i can imagine it was a pretty damn good speech because its something your clued up on and passionate about.

j/w do you know if circulation problems can be caused by a dodgy diet?
Reply 688
Original post by Aemiliana
You are not fat, at all! Try to eat the cookie if you can - it's not going to hurt you, it'll only hurt the ED in showing it that you are stronger. I know it's hard but try to ignore the evil little voice of the ED. You are not worthless of disgusting!

:frown: I can't. I just can't. If by some miracle I managed to I would only hurt myself over it, it is pathetic, I am pathetic.
Original post by Cinamon

Spoiler

Spoiler

ah thats good :smile: to be honest i can imagine it was a pretty damn good speech because its something your clued up on and passionate about.

Yes - if you mean dodgy diet as a euphemism for an ED, I have ****e circulation to my feet, legs and hands, and i didnt think I was that bad, i.e. if you were to drag me to the doctors at my worst, I'dve been labelled with EDNOS.
Reply 691
Original post by diamonddust

Spoiler

Spoiler

I did a speech on the danger of pro ana sites in year 9 after seeing an article about them in Cosmogirl or Sugar or something. Part of me is still convinced I got triggered by it, even though I didn't actually get ill until years later and when I did get ill, I never did anything I researched. :rolleyes:
Why did you feel like ****? I'd be proud of myself, it's really brave to speak out about it. :hugs:

mine was ED's and pro ana websites. They are bloody lethal. Didnt trigger, constantly being called fat/stupid from the ages of 11-16 generally screws you up, did make me worse. 2-4-6-8 diet looking at youu. :angry:

Made five of the girls in my class cry. I knew before hand that it might upset one of them, a few weeks previously she'd mentioned her mum had been in a coma because of it. When she burst into tears, I freaked.

I think so. At least I've noticed that with me. My hands and feet are perpetually blue (or red) and they never used to be like that.

Original post by Linweth
:frown: I can't. I just can't. If by some miracle I managed to I would only hurt myself over it, it is pathetic, I am pathetic.

You aren't pathetic. :frown: :hugs:
Original post by Cinamon

Spoiler

Spoiler

mine was ED's and pro ana websites. They are bloody lethal. Didnt trigger, constantly being called fat/stupid from the ages of 11-16 generally screws you up, did make me worse. 2-4-6-8 diet looking at youu. :angry:

Made five of the girls in my class cry. I knew before hand that it might upset one of them, a few weeks previously she'd mentioned her mum had been in a coma because of it. When she burst into tears, I freaked.

Emotional abuse sucks. :yes: :hugs:
Did you cry? I think I might have. :redface:
I think so. At least I've noticed that with me. My hands and feet are perpetually blue (or red) and they never used to be like that.

DD, Squiff do either of you find your ankles become unbearably painful, i.e. ache when its cold/ they get cold?

Emotional abuse sucks. :yes: :hugs:
Did you cry? I think I might have. :redface:

Yup. I cried. The school knew about the name calling, the shoving into walls, trying to push me down the stairs, touching me in places I didnt want to be touched i.e. my thighs. School did bugger all because the lad doing it had aspergers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 696

Yup. I cried. The school knew about the name calling, the shoving into walls, trying to push me down the stairs, touching me in places I didnt want to be touched i.e. my thighs. School did bugger all because the lad doing it had aspergers.

Spoiler

Reply 697

Yes, ED's can perpetuate Raynaud's syncrome, etc.

I have quite bad problems with circulation. Fingernails a lovely shade of blue quite a lot of the time and all without nail varnish! Personal coping techniques include either getting the afflicted areas warm or swinging my arms so blood is forced into the fingers. Not advised but it works.
Reply 698
Yes - if you mean dodgy diet as a euphemism for an ED, I have ****e circulation to my feet, legs and hands, and i didnt think I was that bad, i.e. if you were to drag me to the doctors at my worst, I'dve been labelled with EDNOS.

my ankles feel really stiff when there cold, and they click and it hurts a lot. i dno if thats what you mean but thats what i get.

and yeah is that your opinion though because like i've been diagnosed by the doctor but i don't really believe her to be honest i think shes got it wrong, i wouldn't say i had a problem with a name, i'd call it a dodgy relationship with food and dieting because its easier that way to feel 'normal'

yeah i get blue hands and feet and when my toes get cold i can't move them, which is normal i think its just that my toes and fingers get cold when its hot.

ARGHHHHHHH i want my exams to be over!!!!!!!! i haven't even bloody started yet :cry:
Reply 699
Original post by Antiaris
Yes, ED's can perpetuate Raynaud's syncrome, etc.

I have quite bad problems with circulation. Fingernails a lovely shade of blue quite a lot of the time and all without nail varnish! Personal coping techniques include either getting the afflicted areas warm or swinging my arms so blood is forced into the fingers. Not advised but it works.

i have the lovely blue fingernails to, i showed my mum once and she wouldn't believe that they were my nails she was like you obviously havn't taken your nail varnish off properly - was like erm what nail varnish?

and lol noted for future may look a bit strange but any advice is worth a go :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest