The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cooldj14
I'm just wondering if anyone knows that after results come out would it be possible to ring up accommodation and try and change?

Always worth a try. The accomodation people have been very nice both times i've given them a call.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2801
Original post by cooldj14
I'm just wondering if anyone knows that after results come out would it be possible to ring up accommodation and try and change?

Im lookin to do this too as people will fail exams
Being optimistic I made my firm choice Kent (Canterbury), they asked for AAB at A2, thought that my ABB at AS would be sufficient, the A2 exams hit hard, ha!

Probably going to NTU, doing LLB Law, only just figured out I need 300ucas points as a pose to my initial 320ucas offer, quite a relief! Should really start making accomodation plans soon...
Reply 2803
Anyone starting Interior Architecture??

I'm Steph and I've just finished my 1st year at NTU doing this course and my year have basically decided to set up a society that I'll be president of aimed at helping all you freshers doing this course (and similar ones) cos we know how daunting/confusing it all is and we wished we had students that could've given us some guidance especially in 1st term! we're gunna set up a group on facebook and all that stuff over summer but for now feel free to add me on facebook 'Steph Singer' if you have any questions :smile:
Reply 2804
Original post by Raguman

Original post by Raguman
From what i've heard, NTU is quite leniant when it comes to letting people in if they're only a few points off, may vary per course but I'm not guaranteed to get in, reckon it's gonna be cool though! you going abroad for your third year?

well that's not so bad then... I should be okay but i'm just so bad with exams! what offer did you get from NTU? yeah i'll be going abroad, will you be going at all?
Reply 2805
Original post by tahira_d
well that's not so bad then... I should be okay but i'm just so bad with exams! what offer did you get from NTU? yeah i'll be going abroad, will you be going at all?

Well it's just a rumour anyway, i'm terrible with exams too! it was 260 UCAS points from any subject, with a minimum of 180 for at least two, i'be got an A for definite in Art, so all I need is a C and a D in my other subjects - I'm starting to doubt i'll get that ! Well i'm quite confused on if I can go. On the website it says how students taking the modern languages degree can spend a year abroad, well i'm doing chinese (mandarin) joint honours with Global studies, so hopefully I can. My UCAS application says i'm only doing a 3 year course though :frown: .. so once again i'm not sure. Trent does have partner Uni's in China and i'd friggin' love to go :biggrin: - just hope it's available to me :smile:
Anyone know how lenient NTU are?
I'm studying (hopefully) business management & entrepreneurship, and need BBC. I'm certain I can get BCC, but I'm really not sure how my history exam has gone or what I got in my coursework, so I can't even roughly guess if I'll get a B or not :frown:
Reply 2807
Original post by ironandwine
Yeah, I found this group of like 40 people, some being future residents and others current; and I found two people in my flat ;D and the current people living there have put like a billion photos of the accomodation up and it actually looks awesome, and there's a key to the roof so rooftop gatherings will be a must :h:

So excited ahaha, literally gonna be so crushed if I don't get in!

Have you found anymore people you're living with? :smile:

Cool :smile:

I found some, not many lol
Reply 2808
Anyone know how lenient NTU are?
I'm studying (hopefully) business management & entrepreneurship, and need BBC. I'm certain I can get BCC, but I'm really not sure how my history exam has gone or what I got in my coursework, so I can't even roughly guess if I'll get a B or not :frown:

Dunno how lenient they are.

Im sure u did well if you worked hard, dw :tongue:
Original post by vn2009
Dunno how lenient they are.

Im sure u did well if you worked hard, dw :tongue:

I really have no clue ha, I did work hard, but the exam questions were so weirdly worded I really don't even have an inkling if I've done well or bad :frown:
Will quite happily fall into a pit of depression if I don't get my grades ahaha, 'cos I can't afford to go next year, with the new fees and everything, I don't think.
Reply 2810
I really have no clue ha, I did work hard, but the exam questions were so weirdly worded I really don't even have an inkling if I've done well or bad :frown:
Will quite happily fall into a pit of depression if I don't get my grades ahaha, 'cos I can't afford to go next year, with the new fees and everything, I don't think.

I'm in exactly the same situation :/
Reply 2811

I done exams like that before where it could go either way. Hope u pass though :smile:

Are trent raising the fees up to 9k? Or how much do you know?

Also, was it you that mentioned the lace market or something that is near the accomodation that you booked? :confused:
Original post by Raguman
I'm in exactly the same situation :/

It's so frustrating!!! Eurgh, fingers crossed we both get in :hugs:
What grades do you need/what are you gonna be studying?

Original post by vn2009
I done exams like that before where it could go either way. Hope u pass though :smile:

Are trent raising the fees up to 9k? Or how much do you know?

Also, was it you that mentioned the lace market or something that is near the accomodation that you booked? :confused:

Haha, cheers man, me too! :smile: Do you have an unconditional? I can't remember!

Yeah, I think they're going up to between 6-9k, I'm not really sure :frown:

And yes, it was :smile: but lace market is an area, not a market I think, not entirely sure though ahaha; it's like in a "trendy/studenty area" filled with little bars/pubs and weird little boutiques, or so I'm told... :smile: why?
Reply 2813

Haha, cheers man, me too! :smile: Do you have an unconditional? I can't remember!

Yeah, I think they're going up to between 6-9k, I'm not really sure :frown:

And yes, it was :smile: but lace market is an area, not a market I think, not entirely sure though ahaha; it's like in a "trendy/studenty area" filled with little bars/pubs and weird little boutiques, or so I'm told... :smile: why?

Yh got an unconditional.

Oh i was asking cos im a vegetarrian and was wondering if the market sold fresh fruit/veg, thought i would go there for my shopping......but it not a food market as u just said :colondollar: lol

What kinda boutiques?
Reply 2814
It's so frustrating!!! Eurgh, fingers crossed we both get in :hugs:
What grades do you need/what are you gonna be studying?

I need 260 points, already achieved an A in one A level so need a D and a C in my other two subjects. Sometimes I doubt whether ill get that though ! Chinese (mandarin) joint honours with global studies :P you ?
Original post by vn2009
Yh got an unconditional.

Oh i was asking cos im a vegetarrian and was wondering if the market sold fresh fruit/veg, thought i would go there for my shopping......but it not a food market as u just said :colondollar: lol

What kinda boutiques?

You're so lucky ;D if I don't get my grades I've decided I'm not going to cry about it, I'll man up, retake what I need to and get in next year. Will be pretty crushed, but there'll be no point in crying over spilt milk. Although I'm talking like I think I won't get in now haha, when I don't know! :tongue:

Aww, that's so cute ahaha :') I'm sure there will be markets and stuff you can get vegetables from :smile: I'm not really suuuure, sorry! Just going by what my friend said (she lives in notts) :smile:

Original post by Raguman
I need 260 points, already achieved an A in one A level so need a D and a C in my other two subjects. Sometimes I doubt whether ill get that though ! Chinese (mandarin) joint honours with global studies :P you ?

Dude, you've already got an A :tongue: don't worry! You WILL get in haha :smile: I have faith! Your course sounds well interesting (:

Hopefully business management & entrepreneurship, providing I get my grades - BBC - I know I'll get BC, but whether or not I'll get my second B that's required remains to be seen :frown: I so so so so want to go to NTU haha, hate feeling so unsure.
Reply 2816
Find the below group on Facebook. Its set up and run by your fresher reps and the student union.

Ask questions, find out who you will be living with and the place for all the latest news regarding your freshers week.

Some other groups will ask you to join but these are generally bombard you with advertising messages.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116527141719809
Original post by vn2009
Yh got an unconditional.

What kinda boutiques?

There is a market place within Victoria Centre on the top floor. There are food stalls in there as well as clothes etc. There are fruit and veg ones in the main bit, and then the meat and fish ones are in an almost seperate room towards the back. :smile:
(
Hopefully business management & entrepreneurship, providing I get my grades - BBC - I know I'll get BC, but whether or not I'll get my second B that's required remains to be seen :frown: I so so so so want to go to NTU haha, hate feeling so unsure.

I have the same issue! I need BBC and I know I can get BC but I don't know about the other one! If it will be a B or a C :P
Reply 2819
Original post by Raguman

Original post by Raguman
Well it's just a rumour anyway, i'm terrible with exams too! it was 260 UCAS points from any subject, with a minimum of 180 for at least two, i'be got an A for definite in Art, so all I need is a C and a D in my other subjects - I'm starting to doubt i'll get that ! Well i'm quite confused on if I can go. On the website it says how students taking the modern languages degree can spend a year abroad, well i'm doing chinese (mandarin) joint honours with Global studies, so hopefully I can. My UCAS application says i'm only doing a 3 year course though :frown: .. so once again i'm not sure. Trent does have partner Uni's in China and i'd friggin' love to go :biggrin: - just hope it's available to me :smile:

awh, i'm sure you're going to be fine :smile: wow! well done in with the A in art! that's going to help you quite a bit. sounds like we've got the same offer so i guess i'm in the same boat as you. i've got an exam tomorrow - majorly nervous!
just wondering if you know at all, but, with language courses, does NTU accpet BTEC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending