The Student Room Group

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

ive created a facebook page in protest against unit 4 exam! join wont let me post so search
Protest agains Edexcel biology unit 4 exam - 13/06/11
x
Reply 1561
for 1d i wrote

humans need ATP as they require energy for muscle contraction in movement but also need more ATP for growth

for one of the feather mites i wrote - mites eat the pathogenic bacteria and die so oil from feathers is no longer digested and so the birds can maintain the body temperature and so are more likely to survive to a breeding age, resulting in increase breeding

tbh my answers do make sense so AQA best be offering alternative answers as it looks like all of u got different answers to me LOL
Reply 1562
Original post by Flux_Pav
for 1d i wrote

humans need ATP as they require energy for muscle contraction in movement but also need more ATP for growth

for one of the feather mites i wrote - mites eat the pathogenic bacteria and die so oil from feathers is no longer digested and so the birds can maintain the body temperature and so are more likely to survive to a breeding age, resulting in increase breeding

tbh my answers do make sense so AQA best be offering alternative answers as it looks like all of u got different answers to me LOL

haha yeh my answer to the bacteria one was different I said: mites eat pathogenic bacteria and fungus so it is less likely that the tits will contract disease from the bacteria or fungus infections. therefore less energy is used in fighting disease and more can be used for reproduction and breeding behaviour so the number of successfull breeds are likely to increase.
Original post by Liron Ingleby
it was only four marks so that would be 2 and then the other 2 would be for burning vegetation means less photosynthesis and the release of c02.. it was a werid question.

what do you think grade boundaries will be?

I think you'd also get a mark for saying that the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere increased as the question asked something like "What would be the effect of this on the CO2 concentration."

I reckon the grade boundaries will be high for this, it was a pretty respectable paper.
Original post by SK-mar
haha yeh my answer to the bacteria one was different I said: mites eat pathogenic bacteria and fungus so it is less likely that the tits will contract disease from the bacteria or fungus infections. therefore less energy is used in fighting disease and more can be used for reproduction and breeding behaviour so the number of successfull breeds are likely to increase.

I said the same thing on this question too!

Also, I know this was only one mark but what is the advantage of using the natural fertiliser over artificial fertilisers?
Reply 1565
Original post by Godinferno

Also, I know this was only one mark but what is the advantage of using the natural fertiliser over artificial fertilisers?

I said: Natural fertilisers are slow acting so they don't need to be applied as often which saves time for the farmer.

Where was this question again? i remember it but cant remember where it was in the paper. was it a part of question 2?
Reply 1566
I want 80+ ums. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :frown:
Original post by claire4095
ive created a facebook page in protest against unit 4 exam! join wont let me post so search
Protest agains Edexcel biology unit 4 exam - 13/06/11
x

this isnt the edexcel thread.
Original post by SK-mar
I said: Natural fertilisers are slow acting so they don't need to be applied as often which saves time for the farmer.

Where was this question again? i remember it but cant remember where it was in the paper. was it a part of question 2?

It was part of the question with the anaerobic digester, not sure what question that was though.
Original post by joyciejones23
There was a tick in every box for yours? I put a cross in production of ATP for pss, becuase net production was 0, also electron transport doesn't occur in either anaerobic respiration or photosynthesis.. Also, the mite question was horrible!!

as i rember it thhe questions asked you to tick or leve blank
Original post by Flux_Pav
I want 80+ ums. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :frown:

haha, don't we all! oh well, it's done now.. no going back!
Original post by Superlogon
this isnt the edexcel thread.

yes it is. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Protest-against-Edexcel-Biology-Unit-4-Exam-130611/130890383657523

i should know, i made it lol :smile:

this thread is for AQA not edexcel...
Original post by Godinferno

I put something like if they use organic fetiliser then the produce can be branded as organic and therefore sold for more... I'm not sure about that now though :s-smilie:

This is the AQA thread, not edexcel.

Your page that you made, is for the edexcel exam.

Also, surely you would have noticed that people on here weren't talking about the content that was in your exam :s
Original post by supernova92
This is the AQA thread, not edexcel.

Your page that you made, is for the edexcel exam.

Also, surely you would have noticed that people on here weren't talking about the content that was in your exam :s

Obviously just sh*t herself in the paper and is trying to get as many as people as possible in to lower the grade boundries extortinatly again.
Oh maaaaan, on the first question where you do the ticks, I ticked the right places, but on the ones you're supposed to leave blank I put crosses. I'm not going to get marked wrong for that, am I? :/
Original post by joyciejones23
There was a tick in every box for yours? I put a cross in production of ATP for pss, becuase net production was 0, also electron transport doesn't occur in either anaerobic respiration or photosynthesis.. Also, the mite question was horrible!!

It didn't say to cross though? And yeah ik, but it wasnt talking about net so just assumed, that's a fault on behalf of AQA tbh. And there is an ETC in light dependent stage. And yeah but I somehow managed to blag my way through that lol!
Original post by Superlogon
Obviously just sh*t herself in the paper and is trying to get as many as people as possible in to lower the grade boundries extortinatly again.

you got it! Our paper was horrendous!
Reply 1579
Has anyone pUt on unoffICal Mark scheme :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending