The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

How lenient is London Met for grades?

Hi guys, was just wondering the likelihood of London Met accepting you if you achieve below the conditional offer they give you by 1 grade or 2? I've been offered 240 points aka ccc which I know I can achieve i'm just getting a bit paranoid and would like to know if i could stop stressing a little haha, thanks! :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

not as harsh as some unis i wouldn't have thought considering that its at the bottom (or near the bottom) of most league tables
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Original post by DanielleKeane

Hi guys, was just wondering the likelihood of London Met accepting you if you achieve below the conditional offer they give you by 1 grade or 2? I've been offered 240 points aka ccc which I know I can achieve i'm just getting a bit paranoid and would like to know if i could stop stressing a little haha, thanks! :redface:

They will *literally* let you in with anything.

Send them an email telling them about your concerns and see what they say. It won't do you any harm!
Reply 4
thanks guys! :smile:
Reply 5
Went to their open day this afternoon and I thought it was pretty decent; if it's the worst in the country I look forward to visiting more higher up the league table. But considering it runs my course, is fairly local to where I live and is on the doorstep of the mighty Arsenal, I may well apply as a backup should I not get into one of the so-called 'better' universities. Whisper it quietly, but I was borderline impressed.
Reply 6
Original post by GoonerTom
Went to their open day this afternoon and I thought it was pretty decent; if it's the worst in the country I look forward to visiting more higher up the league table. But considering it runs my course, is fairly local to where I live and is on the doorstep of the mighty Arsenal, I may well apply as a backup should I not get into one of the so-called 'better' universities. Whisper it quietly, but I was borderline impressed.

You wouldn't be if they'd just cut your course without warning.

Go to another university if you can. London met is considered Britian's worst university. They presently have a lot of financial problems which means that the facilities are likely to be lacking.

Consider East London, Southbank, Greenwich or Goldsmiths.
Original post by im so academic

well then you might aswell sign up there then:smile:
Original post by i am god ovbz

Original post by i am god ovbz
well then you might aswell sign up there then:smile:

Excuse me? I'm definitely aiming higher than London Met.

Tbh, it seems that the only requirement of London Met is to be alive. That's not a university tbh.
Reply 10
I think london met gets an unnecessarily bad rep. It may be bottom of the tables but thats roughly 100 institutes? There are around 400 in england. I CHOSE to go there because ive seen a couple animations online done there and its looked like a decent place to learn. I have decent grades and i fully intend to stay there and make the most out of my education regardless or snobbery and stigma.
Reply 11

They rejected me and offered me a foundation year for Int'l students, that broke my heart. LSE gave me an unconditional offer.
I was like :eek:
Reply 12

It's all relative.

A university for you may be below par but a university for someone else might be a perfect choice. This thread isn't asking for your opinion, it's asking for some advice so please take your snide comments elsewhere.

Anyways OP, best thing you can ever do is contact your department directly via email. They'll be the ones making the decision of course!
Reply 13
Their average tariff entry is 216 UCAS points, so that's less than C C D...
If you can't manage Cs, maybe work is the better option.

Tbh, it seems that the only requirement of London Met is to be alive. That's not a university tbh.

Since when did they impose this admission requirement?

One of the major problems with London Met has been the number of its fictitious students.

Apparently they still don't have an accurate head count.
Reply 15
If you cant achieve CCC then you shouldn't be going to university, so I'm sure you'll get it with no problem. Out of curiousity what course is this for?
(edited 12 years ago)

According to come people only Oxford and Cambridge are universities....:P Why are you being so critical? And I'm sorry, not meaning to attack you or sound rude, but if you are a fourteen year old girl with no experience of applying to or being at university, what entitles you to give advice to people who are currently going through these processes?
Original post by nulli tertius
Since when did they impose this admission requirement?

One of the major problems with London Met has been the number of its fictitious students.

Apparently they still don't have an accurate head count.

They make up its students? Source? :lolwut:

I wonder why they would do that for...
Reply 18
I seriously LOL'd at the title of this thread. They should paying you to go, nevermind what grades you have. I haven't heard a single good word about this university.

Shouldn't your sig say piss instead of pisses?
'Things that pisses ISA off' sounds like chavvy 14 year old girl destined for london met speak :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending