The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
so everyone's pretty confident of Ayer then?
Both my teachers are quite sure it won't be Donovan (obviously you ca't rule it out though). My ethics teacher thinks Westphal, my Philosophy teacher thinks Ayer, but everyone's been saying that they haven't spent much time on Westphal, so that may not come up. a lot of emphasis also seems to have been put on Ayer.
So, fingers crossed...
Reply 121
For part A if it was Ayer would you put the criticisms of the verification principle as well?
Original post by Cheekybelle
For part A if it was Ayer would you put the criticisms of the verification principle as well?

it depends what you're doing with the material, it could go in part a or part b.
Reply 123
... about the jan exams, from looking at the edexcel website,
there was on in jan 2010 - ayer,
but there was none scheduled for next jan, so i'm guessing they don't do jan exams normally,
just that one because the specification changed.
why does everything think it will be ayer? the order went

ayer 2008
wesphal 2009
ayer jan 2010
donovan 2010

surely cos ayer came up twice its more likely to be the others?
Original post by sarahlovesleon
why does everything think it will be ayer? the order went

ayer 2008
wesphal 2009
ayer jan 2010
donovan 2010

surely cos ayer came up twice its more likely to be the others?

True, BUT that January exam shouldn't be counted in the same way as a summer exam as the January one was for such a small amount of people as a resit. Its like it only half counts - the summer exams are the main ones. But I can understand what you mean.
Original post by miss_boyes
True, BUT that January exam shouldn't be counted in the same way as a summer exam as the January one was for such a small amount of people as a resit. Its like it only half counts - the summer exams are the main ones. But I can understand what you mean.

true, i so badly want it to be westphal like you have no idea. i dont like ayer hes boring he just repeats the same old thing again and again and again! 8 times in fact!
Reply 127
look everyone of student room, is there any way i can find out the question before we do the exam, i have been informed that this is possible, they must do it somewhere else before, apparently in private school or is australia, i need to know... if ayer doesnt come up, ium consiering taking my life, because i wont go uni and ill be a failure. HELP ASAP!
Original post by esa
look everyone of student room, is there any way i can find out the question before we do the exam, i have been informed that this is possible, they must do it somewhere else before, apparently in private school or is australia, i need to know... if ayer doesnt come up, ium consiering taking my life, because i wont go uni and ill be a failure. HELP ASAP!

:s-smilie: that would be cheating, I'm guessing any reply would just get deleted by the admins anyway. Just look over your notes, relax and do you're best - if you get caught cheating you won't get into uni at all!
Reply 129
My philosophy teacher thought it would be Westphal, but seeing all this none of us are sure it'll be him and we're all hoping for Ayer now! If Donovan comes up, there'll be 16 of us not writing much or anything at all!

Well after looking over all of them again I now know I will at least have something to write for each one.
It was obvious I have far more content for Ayer though.

If it isn't him and it's one of the other two I may be tempted to draw a whale...

:tongue:

Good luck everyone! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Ayer or death.
Original post by monkeyonthelake
Well after looking over all of them again I now know I will at least have something to write for each one.
It was obvious I have far more content for Ayer though.

If it isn't him and it's one of the other two I may be tempted to draw a whale...

:tongue:

Good luck everyone! :smile:

Twitter fail whale? :tongue:
I don't know what the frig to write for Donavan or Westphal and at this point, I don't think I will. My teacher will kill me if I fail because last week she was like 'You know/should know this!' Well I ****** don't! :rolleyes:

Original post by pinstripe306
Ayer or death.

This!

*goes to frantically revise religious experience and religious language and intuitionism*
Reply 133
have you guys all been up all night?

I decided to pull the all nighter
Original post by hingerw
have you guys all been up all night?

I decided to pull the all nighter

Nah, got up at 4. And still haven't got anything done. *sigh*
I just don't feel confident but I guess the beauty of this type of exam is you can mention pretty much anything if you back it up.

I'm just scanning Donavan and Westphal and looking through religious language, experience, intuitionism and atheism and critiques.
Reply 135
Does anyone have a good, quick & simple definition of intuitionism, have completely neglected Donovan & trying to get as many quick definitions to put in as possible for AO1s in case...
Mainly because of the time spent on Ayer at the teachers conference compared to Westphal and Donovan (according to my own Philosophy teacher as well as many other people on here saying the same thing) I'm feeling sort of confident it's going to be Ayer. Well, hoping it's going to be Ayer hahaa. Continuing to revise 25% Westphal then 75% Ayer so if Donovan comes up I'm kinda ruined but they can't do the same topic 2 years in a row (can they?). Best of you luck to all of us today, I think we're going to need it!
Original post by ohmygoditsjosh
Mainly because of the time spent on Ayer at the teachers conference compared to Westphal and Donovan (according to my own Philosophy teacher as well as many other people on here saying the same thing) I'm feeling sort of confident it's going to be Ayer. Well, hoping it's going to be Ayer hahaa. Continuing to revise 25% Westphal then 75% Ayer so if Donovan comes up I'm kinda ruined but they can't do the same topic 2 years in a row (can they?). Best of you luck to all of us today, I think we're going to need it!

Wait what, it was Donovan that came up last year? I haven't looked at Westphal properly...
Apparently, I read it came up last year on another thread, not sure where, but no-one knows for certain. I'm terrible on Westphal, but did an Ayer essay in class and got a B, might just memorise this and go all out, these exams are such a terrible design.
I think its pretty likely to Be Donovan. They've all come up before, but it was Westphal in January and Ayer last year so our teachers thinks its gonna be Donovan :smile: I dont think he's too bad though, he seems like the easiest one to me :smile:
Its Westphal i dont like :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending