The Student Room Group

OCR B Salters - F335 Exam - 15 June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Hey, I don't really know something about nmr ...

If they say 'what types of protons are in a molecule' then how do i answer that, because the sheet just gives diagrams, but no names ..... sorry if im being unclear, but im soooooo confused
Reply 381
Ocarina of Time 3DS & F335 tomorrow.

Reply 382
Original post by parallal
I don't think I am. ): All of those reagents and conditions are so hard to remember.

My teacher highly recommend that we learn benzene organic reactions as it it likely to be asked. This is how I learn them. I hope it will help you.
And to be honest, there's no point worrying because organic synthesis questions only worth 2-4 marks max. It is better to focus on other of your weaker areas.
Reply 383
Original post by Adam9
Hey, I don't really know something about nmr ...

If they say 'what types of protons are in a molecule' then how do i answer that, because the sheet just gives diagrams, but no names ..... sorry if im being unclear, but im soooooo confused

Basically you draw with which molecule protons (H+) is attached to.
:biggrin:
proton NMR sucks!!

Hope the exam is gna b good tomorow....
OCR r messed up
biology was horendus
hows everyone finding the PH calculations?
Reply 386
Original post by Cheekytart
hows everyone finding the PH calculations?

Very well :smile: its the NMR that I cant seem to get my head around.. No its actually that I havent TRIED to get my head around it..
Reply 387
Original post by Jhyzone
My teacher highly recommend that we learn benzene organic reactions as it it likely to be asked. This is how I learn them. I hope it will help you.
And to be honest, there's no point worrying because organic synthesis questions only worth 2-4 marks max. It is better to focus on other of your weaker areas.

Thanks. That's so helpful. (:
As for my weaker areas...it's writing equations. Like when a question says to write the equation of PbO reacting with acid for example I can never figure out what to put. Unless it's a really simple equation.
Reply 388
Original post by Adam9
THANKS, much appreciated

No problem. :smile:
Reply 389
ok guys! need reaction conditions and reagents for coupling and reaction conditions and reagents for diazotisation!
ooh ooh i think its dilute HCl, sodium nitrite(iii) and below 5 C
Reply 391
Original post by Jhyzone

It looked pretty good at first sight. Testing it was another story, it doesn't work... I found a few flaws in it. Your better of learning it the normal way.
Reply 392
Original post by Legit
It looked pretty good at first sight. Testing it was another story, it doesn't work... I found a few flaws in it. Your better of learning it the normal way.

Do explain? I need to try and learn these this morning :P
Reply 393
Good luck to everyone! :]
Need to revise Azo compounds and side A of the toolkit this morning..
Hows everyone feeling? :]
Reply 394
Morning :smile: Hmm feeling slightly more panicked than I was last night, but not too bad. Have been reading past papers, but not been reading the questions properly so making silly mistakes, think once I'm more awake it'll be fine though!
Still got a few hours revision..
Reply 396
Has anyone attempted the last two parts of the Jan 11 paper? 5 (f) (ii) and (iii)?
Reply 397
Is the hydrolysis of an ester done with concentrated or dilute NaOH? And is it under reflux?
Also, what are the reagents/conditions for amide hydrolysis?
Thanks
Reply 398
Original post by JAshcroft
Has anyone attempted the last two parts of the Jan 11 paper? 5 (f) (ii) and (iii)?

that paper only goes up to 5) d III
and i have been though all of the jan 2011 paper

Original post by RayM
Is the hydrolysis of an ester done with concentrated or dilute NaOH? And is it under reflux?
Also, what are the reagents/conditions for amide hydrolysis?
Thanks

For esters you can use an acid or an alkali, but yes use Dilute NaOH and reflux the **** out of it.

Quick Reply

Latest