The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 2011

Scroll to see replies

I got a C in unit 1, D in unit 2 but an A in unit 3... how does this work? lol
Reply 161
Hey is anybody doing the unit 3 crime and child exam on friday?
If so, what things are you learning in depth. I.e. - Genie and daycare came up last time so im not focusing too much on that although im not completely leaving it out...and the SLT has been up for the last 2 exams so im kind leaving that out.

What is everybody else revising in depth???
Reply 162
Original post by Nadima
Lol, it's quite fun COMPARED to my English revision cus I only started English today and my exam's on Thursday..it's depressing me! :frown:
But on the other side, my Psychology's been going pretty well..quite time consuming, but I'm almost done with it..just have half of the Issues and Debates to go and that's done :smile:
Wbu? :smile:

Hey are you by any chance doing the Wuthering Heights exam on thursday for the WJEC board??
If so, what themes in particular are you revising?
Not sure if I can really be bothered to revise for Unit 3 on Friday, already got a high B in it and would rather do more revision for the synoptic part of Unit 4 :s-smilie: I've already done all of criminal psychology though, hmm.
Reply 164
Original post by Z116
If so, what things are you learning in depth. I.e. - Genie and daycare came up last time so im not focusing too much on that although im not completely leaving it out...and the SLT has been up for the last 2 exams so im kind leaving that out.

Heyy...try to learn the key issue and evidence of practice for child cus that hasnt been in the papers at all, so it might come up this year :smile:
And sorry, no I'm on OCR unfortunately and studying Othello for Section A, and The Rover/The Rape of the Lock for Section B :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
I shall be migrating to this thread after my stupid chemistry exam tomorrow :smile: Hope revision is going well for everyone. I have not had any time to revise for psychology. Hopefully cramming will work :frown:
Reply 166
Original post by INeedToRevise
I shall be migrating to this thread after my stupid chemistry exam tomorrow :smile: Hope revision is going well for everyone. I have not had any time to revise for psychology. Hopefully cramming will work :frown:

Good luckk..I hope your Chemistry exam goes well :smile:
Original post by Z116

I'm doing those topics, but i'm learning everything in depth, just in case. Like they asked about the results and living conditions of Genie last year, but they could ask for an evaluation or something.

I think it's best to learn everything. There is nothing saying that they won't repeat content the next year.
Original post by Nadima
Good luckk..I hope your Chemistry exam goes well :smile:

I've just had to email my tutor for advise. I've been ill and bed-ridden for almost the past month now, through various infections and then i've had serious adverse effects of the antibiotics i've had so far. I'm feeling worse than ever at the moment, and I was wondering if as a result of not being able to revise as much as I could, if I could get special consideration.
Original post by lozzyhickers
I've just had to email my tutor for advise. I've been ill and bed-ridden for almost the past month now, through various infections and then i've had serious adverse effects of the antibiotics i've had so far. I'm feeling worse than ever at the moment, and I was wondering if as a result of not being able to revise as much as I could, if I could get special consideration.

Ah Christ, that sounds horrible. :frown: I hope you feel a lot better soon. :hugs:

I don't see why they wouldn't give you more time in the exam or something similar, it's not like they want you to fail!
Reply 171

As long as you can provide evidence to the university through a doctor's note, I don't see why they wouldn't give you special consideration.
Just wondering, for Unit 3 and the case study of Genie - if the critical period for language is 2 years before puberty and Genie hadn't hit puberty by the time she was discovered, does she support the critical period for language?

She didn't really form full sentences or anything, does indication of what you want using broken words count as development of language?
Original post by hownowbrownowl
Just wondering, for Unit 3 and the case study of Genie - if the critical period for language is 2 years before puberty and Genie hadn't hit puberty by the time she was discovered, does she support the critical period for language?

She didn't really form full sentences or anything, does indication of what you want using broken words count as development of language?

I normally go with the safe option and say that although the language development improved, it wasn't fully reversed and therefore showed how privation had a permanent damaging affect. (That is, if she wasn't mentally retarded from birth as some people believed.) I think there is a stronger argument to suggest lasting damage than improvement, even if she did learn some sign language as well! I think you'll be safe arguing for either as long as you have evidence to back it up. :smile:
Original post by briesandwich
Ah Christ, that sounds horrible. :frown: I hope you feel a lot better soon. :hugs:

I don't see why they wouldn't give you more time in the exam or something similar, it's not like they want you to fail!

I have since spoken to my exams officer and doctor, and I am eligible for up to 2% extra marks. Which isn't loads, but it helps. Just had a blood test- they think it might be glandular fever :frown:

Original post by El_Sid
As long as you can provide evidence to the university through a doctor's note, I don't see why they wouldn't give you special consideration.
Just on here after my chemistry exam, I actually feel sick. I most definitely have got a U. I don't know what is the point of revising for psychology now when I'm not going uni anymore :'(
Just on here after my chemistry exam, I actually feel sick. I most definitely have got a U. I don't know what is the point of revising for psychology now when I'm not going uni anymore :'(

I know it sounds stupid and hard, but you need to think positive.
Why do you think you got a U?

Let's put it this way, say you were right and you got a U. You may not go to uni this year, but by revising for psychology, you'll have another A-level in the bag. Which is brilliant if you want to retake!
I know it sounds stupid and hard, but you need to think positive.
Why do you think you got a U?

Let's put it this way, say you were right and you got a U. You may not go to uni this year, but by revising for psychology, you'll have another A-level in the bag. Which is brilliant if you want to retake!

I didn't finish the paper and everything I did answer it was all guessing. I wasn't certain on anything and I must have got like 20/100 The thing is, I prepared for the exam. I worked hard and the paper was ridiculous. People are complaining but low grade boundaries won't even help me because I just didn't score marks.

I don't want to pay £9000 tuition fees :cry2:

I feel to sad too revise :frown:

Just read the above posts. I'm sorry to hear your unwell. Hope you get better :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I didn't finish the paper and everything I did answer it was all guessing. I wasn't certain on anything and I must have got like 20/100 The thing is, I prepared for the exam. I worked hard and the paper was ridiculous. People are complaining but low grade boundaries won't even help me because I just didn't score marks.

I don't want to pay £9000 tuition fees :cry2:

I feel to sad to revise :frown:

Just read the above posts. I'm sorry to hear your unwell. Hope you get better :smile:

I'll be honest with you here. It might not help but it's worth a try. I've read so many posts like this about various exams today, and you know what, it's opened my eyes as to how many people are certain they've failed their exams, to be suprised when they've actually passed. I know I don't know about your chemistry knowledge, but you seem like a really smart person, and i'm sure you've done much better than you think. Chemistry is a bloody hard subject from what i've seen and heard. And if I am correct, and the boundaries are low, then you should be fine :smile: Whatever happens, there's nothing more you can do now, except to look ahead and be positive. You will be fine :hugs:

And thank you :smile:
I was just thinking. Do you think the difficulty of the AS papers reflect that of the A2 ones? Or do you think it's totally random?

I was asking because my sister did AS this year, and the sounded like a dream!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending