The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
(sorry to post again, but I'm kinda desperate :P )
Does anyone have any Evaluative points for Sternbergs Triarchic Theory?! (Intelligence) as I literally have none! :s-smilie:
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
I always feel optimistic about this exam.

Then I remember we have paper 4. :cry:

That exam was easier imo. I remember revising for ages for this exam and got a high C last year and then for PSYA4 I did a bit of revision and crammed for research methods and nearly got an A!
Original post by mkl
oh hai guys, i'm just starting revision now.

dead.

blup blup same. I havent looked at any of this **** in a year and so far I have only just got up to the beginning of eating behaviours as in writing notes.
i'm revising for this tomorrow. evening :frown: fml.

it's okay though 'cos i have no idea why i'm retaking it in the first place.
I've finished making notes on all my topics (this doesnt by all means suggest that I KNOW them)

What would everyone reccomend I do between now and the exam to prep myself?
My topics are Cognitive Development,
Eating Behaviour
and Aggression!

Much help guys :smile:
Reply 945
what have you predicted to come up for biological rhythms, relationships and aggression? Has anyone got any a grade essay on the following topics if yes please send me them
Reply 946
Original post by Becksiee26
I've finished making notes on all my topics (this doesnt by all means suggest that I KNOW them)

What would everyone reccomend I do between now and the exam to prep myself?
My topics are Cognitive Development,
Eating Behaviour
and Aggression!

Much help guys :smile:

im doing aggression and seeing as you haven't got very long, do what everyone else is doing - revise the topics that haven't appeared yet so for aggression the predictions are either adaptive group displays or neural mechanisms
I've been doing what everyone else has and zooming in on the sections which haven't come up. I've done all my essay plans for those but with a day and a half to go it's just hit me that there is no guarantee that these will come up. I've done basic revision on the other sections but no where near enough for an A so if they do repeat questions I'm screwed!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this??
Reply 948
There's quite a big chance disrupting biological rhythms and Infradian and Ultradian rhythms will come up. Don't suppose anybody could help me with A03 points. I don't see how they could be made into good essays.
In child/adolescent experiences, what can be used as A01?
I've just finished an essay and realised i have barely any A01 in there at all!?! pffft!
CAN. NOT. DO. AN ESSAY.ON. GROUP.DISPLAY.

feeling really stressed.

Anyone got a PLAN?
I feel I have TOO much to write about and dont know how to put it across.. "/
Original post by sillysal
im doing aggression and seeing as you haven't got very long, do what everyone else is doing - revise the topics that haven't appeared yet so for aggression the predictions are either adaptive group displays or neural mechanisms

thankss! (:
Original post by xCHiiBiEverlastingx
Good luck with yours too! I'm eager to repay the debt so if you need anything... I don't have a nice set of condensed revision notes like yours but I do have ppts, diagrams, essays etc

Serious love for some essays if that's ok!
Original post by Becksiee26
CAN. NOT. DO. AN ESSAY.ON. GROUP.DISPLAY.

feeling really stressed.

Anyone got a PLAN?
I feel I have TOO much to write about and dont know how to put it across.. "/

haha! i know that feeling, except i still dont feel like i have enough!!

my typical essay is likely to be in this type of strutcture...

power threat hypothesis (a01)
matthews (a02)
clark (a02)
evaluation on how if it is due to evolution we should all have same perceived threats therefore weaken support.
mullen (a02)
deindividuation (IDA)
deterministic (IDA)
Xenophobia (a01)
evans et al (a02)
evaluation against evans
Le Bon & contagion (IDA)
Reductionist (IDA)

it probably makes no sense!! sorry
Original post by sweet&petitee
Yeah this deinately looks on the right lines! :smile: It's good cause you seem to actually relate it to evolutionary explanations. My teacher was saying that he thinks that will be a lot of people's downfall, explaning it with other approaches (excluding alternative for IDA). Even he said he doesn't want this to come up!

thanks. wouldn't actually mind if this came up. i'm more concerned about neural and hormonal mechanisms coming up.
Original post by safwaansh
thanks. wouldn't actually mind if this came up. i'm more concerned about neural and hormonal mechanisms coming up.

eugh i dont know, i just dont feel i can write coherently talking about group displays. I feel there is a lot to say about neural & hormonal. What other topics are you doing?
Original post by jo.murphy
There's quite a big chance disrupting biological rhythms and Infradian and Ultradian rhythms will come up. Don't suppose anybody could help me with A03 points. I don't see how they could be made into good essays.

if you mention the study involving the baseball matches for distrupting bio rhythms you could say that the study does not take into extraneous variables. for example the baseball players may perform worse down to stress rather than because they are moving to another time zone.

another ao3 point is that most of the studies concerning this area are from field studies hence high ecological validity.
Reply 957
Do you guys think I will be ok if I know these essays:

Groups display + Hormonal/neural (aggression)
Evolutionary + biological (eating disorders)
Early exp + dissolution (relationships)
Does anyone have a list of possible essay questions for Relationships/Eating Behaviour please?

I'm so stupid. WHY HAVE I LEFT MYSELF 2 DAYS TO REVISE.
Original post by sweet&petitee
haha! i know that feeling, except i still dont feel like i have enough!!

my typical essay is likely to be in this type of strutcture...

power threat hypothesis (a01)
matthews (a02)
clark (a02)
evaluation on how if it is due to evolution we should all have same perceived threats therefore weaken support.
mullen (a02)
deindividuation (IDA)
deterministic (IDA)
Xenophobia (a01)
evans et al (a02)
evaluation against evans
Le Bon & contagion (IDA)
Reductionist (IDA)

it probably makes no sense!! sorry

It makes sense to an extent loool but i dont know half your studies hehe
What about mentioning Sporting Events and Religiou Rituals( Cost Signalling Hypothesis) ?

Thank you for the help again tho :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending