The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

s**t that was hard
That kinda sucked. I have little clue how to construct ionic equations, that screwed me over. Didn't really have a clue what I was doing with the buffer Q either. Probably a good ~20 marks that I haven't answered. Past that it wasn't too bad, if the boundaries are as low as they have been previously then i'm hopefully fine!
Reply 1802
Did anyone else feel like there wasn't enough time?
Original post by Student21
I'm in the same boat as you. I dont think i've even got an Eand i tried so hard in revision but my mind went blank in the exam.:frown:

I'm really upset, Im actually crying, that how pathetic I am. I held it in during the exam. But I can't take not going to uni. :frown:
Reply 1804
what do people think the grade boundaries will be like?
Reply 1805
grade boundaries have to be low that was ****ing solid. Laste question was an absoulute mind ****.

Good thing i only need an E to get a B overall
my god! that was terrible!! There were a few odd que! then i couldnt do the 6mark or 9mark properly at al....thats already 15marks lost!!
If ANYONE could upload the paper or unofficial mark scheme it would be greatly appreciated.....Cannot get over how badly todaywent!
Original post by maniRB
Did anyone else feel like there wasn't enough time?

That exam should have been at least 2 hours. I didn't even have time to go back and check my answers.

Original post by Medifield
I'm really upset, Im actually crying, that how pathetic I am. I held it in during the exam. But I can't take not going to uni. :frown:

I don't think im going to uni either or i could do a pharmaceutical degree and then Mpharm. anyone know of any unis that do this?
I got 33.8% hmm.. the ionic equation for stage 4 was just next
65 for an a I guess same as Jan it was pretty hard imo
Original post by mandn

65-68 a
60-65 b
57-60 c
Original post by Nymthae
That kinda sucked. I have little clue how to construct ionic equations, that screwed me over. Didn't really have a clue what I was doing with the buffer Q either. Probably a good ~20 marks that I haven't answered. Past that it wasn't too bad, if the boundaries are as low as they have been previously then i'm hopefully fine!

I couldn't do them ones either :frown: Chemistry is not my subject
Reply 1812
Original post by mandn

Last year was
A - 71
B - 63
C - 55
D - 47
E - 40

What the hell, why neg me for that!?
Go on OCR's website and check for yourself!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by *QueenBeee
65-68 a
60-65 b
57-60 c

If the grade boundaries are those figures then i have a fighting chance of getting a B overall in chemistry but im not going to hold my breath
the paper was unbelievable..
Reply 1815
Didn't u have to halve the number of thiosulphate ions to get the percentage of copper?
Reply 1816
Original post by charlene_lamm
the paper was unbelievable..

Good unbelievable...?
That exam was catastrophic. Totally screwed up the acid q by mixing up my pKa values so I lost 20 marks on that Q, and then couldnt do the 9 mark q, or the weird 3 markers to do with 4,4'bipepy (?) nightmare.

Hopefully grade boundaries about 65% for an A....then I might scrape one.
Reply 1818
i kept it the same, it was like last years paper on the last question where you have to work out the ratio, i cant remember why but i kept the ratio of thiosulphate to copper the same :/
Reply 1819
Original post by Medifield

I was crying as soon as the invidulator told us to put our pens down. I'm gutted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending