The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
Horrible paper :/ all through lessons i've been quite good at the rates, acids, Kc, all of the maths parts, so I pretty much ignored those in my revision and have done three solid days of transition metals as I hate those and could never remember the reactions or colours, but then hardly any of that came up! and i can't remember once being asked for a colour :frown: so was a complete fail. I actually quite like the 2,2'-bipy question lol :P doesn't mean I got it right though. Really hope I didn't do as badly as I think I did because even if the grade boundaries are as low as they usually are, I didn't get higher than a D maximum, but I need a B, preferably an A for University :frown:

Sorry for the long post!
I got 720 for kc.. so many people got like 45 :s-smilie:
Reply 1862
Original post by Jsmalley1
720 for the value of Kc?

yeah me too, except im not sure what the right answer is... :/
Reply 1863
i used ethanoic acid and sodium ethanoate for the magic tang and got a ratio of 1 to 200 and something :s-smilie:
Original post by Kalamari Dave
Yes! :biggrin:
That monomer unit question was a bit random, no?
And did you just have to find the difference in the half cell voltages for that one mark for Ecell? I did that, but i'm not sure because one produced 1 electron, the other took 2 :s-smilie:
hjhsadfjklhasdjklhjkfladskflhadjklfsdjf

So random!
You just had to take one from the other, electrode potentials are not dependent on the amount of electrons produced. That's what my revision guide says anyway :P
Reply 1865
the worst exam ever. ran out of time and missed the 9 marker at the end. did all the past papers and got a's on those i doubt i'll even get c on this. hate ocr
Original post by brobro
i thought the biology was a piece of piss compared to this. This chem paper was the hardest ever.

agree. some people walked out of my school crying after the chem this afternoon.
Reply 1867
Original post by GreenVet
I thik i got the same too, just the Magic Tang question and some ionic equations caught me out.

Omg similar to me. Some ionic equations were annoying (especially the CaOH and acid one, couldn't balance for the H20 so added a H2) and the electrolyte producing O2 and H2 was dodgy too. Although I think I blagged the Magic Tang by saying how its not just about pH but also the taste of the acid and about making a conjugate base and acid and using ph=pka + log (A-/HA) to get a ratio (even though I used lactic acid cos I thought it had to one from the table). I think I choked the polymer question too (started drawing it as the invigilators started collecting papers) and only put half the cycolamine thing linking the monomers...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1868
Very very hard paper.... even my Chemistry teacher who has a PHD said that was a "*****".
Was there an actual method to working out which acid to use for the 'magic tang'? Because i said that all the acids would work so i just picked lactic acid and went with it :/ And i got a 1:2 ratio of salt:acid
Original post by abloomfield
I got 720 for kc.. so many people got like 45 :s-smilie:

I got it in the 700's aswell, can't remember exactly but I think the 45 would come from if you deduced BR2 as second order and 700's if you got it as first order? I could be wrong though
Reply 1871
Original post by bl0b
i used ethanoic acid and sodium ethanoate for the magic tang and got a ratio of 1 to 200 and something :s-smilie:

that sounds ok , I used acetic acid and got 16:1
A girl waqs crying in my college :frown: I swear we got the worst questions all in one paper - most haven't even come up at all in the past papers - and i evern did a couple legacy ones :frown:

damn you Q at the end and buffer Q with only a PH and Pka value!!!!
Original post by Sceaga
did everyone else get -108 for the gibbs question?

Yes!!! im pleased hahaaa
that paper was 'orrible....seems OCR didn't learn from that horrible exam in January....looking forward to OCR embarrassing themselves with a 50% for an A grade boundary

and if Pat from my school sees this comment....wassup Patrick!!! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by J DOT A
Very very hard paper.... even my Chemistry teacher who has a PHD said that was a "*****".

really??? that makes me feel better. you're not just saying that? :biggrin:
Original post by abloomfield
i got 33.8% hmm.. The ionic equation for stage 4 was just next

yess i got that too mate f**k yeah
Original post by KnuckleheadNinja
really??? that makes me feel better. you're not just saying that? :biggrin:

That paper was disgusting...missed around 30 marks wat bout evry 1 else??
Original post by J DOT A

Could you get your chemistry teacher to do the exam paper and then put his answers online. Atleast it will give us an idea of how we done.
Reply 1879
Hmm, I feel slightly screwed over...

What's this bull**** about magic tang?!

Also, was anyone actually able to draw out that polymer??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending