The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

i dont get why ocr make these papers so stupdly hard n then think jus lower the grade boundary
why not just make a NORMAL paper and keep ure damn grade boundaries argh :angry:
Reply 1881
Original post by RodrigoB
yess i got that too mate f**k yeah

Except almost all brass alloys have pretty much 2:1 ratio of copper:zinc
I'm sure most people here did fantastically... but how much reading did they expect us to do?!! I'm praying for some serious moderation!!
Reply 1883
It seems I've got most of the actual answers wrong(delta G, I got positive, and pH I got 1.82) but hopefully I'll get the marks for working out stuff.
Well that paper was a waste of 1h45mins of my life :| it was so hard :/ ran out of time for the magic tang and entropy question D: arghh that's 10 marks gone :/
I think I have lost a good 30 marks. add to that 10 hidden lost marks thats 40. So 60/100 in total. Hope the grade boundary is as follows
A - 62
B - 53
etc etc. coz I gave F325 in jan and thought this one was WAYYY! harder :frown:
Original post by Heatheroink123
It seems I've got most of the actual answers wrong(delta G, I got positive, and pH I got 1.82) but hopefully I'll get the marks for working out stuff.

I thought delta G was positive was positive?? I remember getting the delta S value negative which meant

Delta G = Delta H - (1000 x - delta S)
= Positive

no??
Reply 1887
That was a nice paper, decent questions. Only not enough TIME!!!! I barely wrote anything for the last question. Did anyone finish the paper properly ?
OCR do post the grade boundaries a day before results
May get negged but... I found it ok, much better than jan 2011 as they didn't have as many wtf am i reading questions. Hard paper yes, however the grade boundaries should be ok considering how many people found it hard :smile:
Original post by diurno
Well....that was fun. Lost at least 15 marks just by not having time to do the bloody paper. Damn!

This. Left about 15-18 marks.
Reply 1891
Lets protest guys make a Facebook group the paper i sat was not f325 rather a chemistry degree paper
Thought that was rediculously hard. Worst exam I've ever done. Great, not like a need an A in Chemistry for university or anything. ARGGH :mad:.

Lets hope the grade boundries are low. FML.
I had 10 minute for last Q. said when sodiumcarbonate is added to nutralise acid. i did HNO3 + NA2CO3 for step 2
but later in step 4 using the same solution they had Copper Iodide :/ don't know where that came from. Thats a gurantee my step 2 is wrong :frown:
Reply 1894
Original post by sportycricketer
I thought delta G was positive was positive?? I remember getting the delta S value negative which meant

= Positive

no??

wasnt delta H negative?
Original post by KnuckleheadNinja
agree. some people walked out of my school crying after the chem this afternoon.

Original post by brobro
i thought the biology was a piece of piss compared to this. This chem paper was the hardest ever.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!
I would switch grades with F215 from F325 anyday, I need F215 more and I almost certainly did better in this one.

That ecology paper disguised as 'BIOLOGY' was absolutely disgusting and the spawn of the chief examiner in Hell, people at my school started to look at McD jobs and clearing! :s-smilie:
:/ what the hell was the bromine question...?
Was I the only one who was actually ok for time? I even had 15 mins left...
Though since everyone is saying they ran out of time it makes me think I've missed something out or did it all wrong :s-smilie:
I chose any acid for the buffer question... I did benzoic acid and got the ratio as 0.23
I swear I got that whole question wrong but I accepted that I would loose a few marks here and there.
I definitely need an A :s-smilie: I just can't miss my grades, I actually don't know what I'll do if it happens
Reply 1898
Original post by sportycricketer

= Positive

no??

DG-DH was negative

DG-DH=-TDS

Divide DG-DH by -T and you get a +ve=DS
Original post by samzurai
Lets protest guys make a Facebook group the paper i sat was not f325 rather a chemistry degree paper

I second this. People power! Let our voices be heard!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending