The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
Am I the only one who wants to hide in a corner and cry myself to death! :frown:
brass n. A yellowish alloy of copper and zinc, sometimes including small amounts of other metals, but usually 67 percent copper and 33 percent zinc.

I GOT 33% SOMETHING. KILL ME
Reply 1922
For delta G, I got 471 or something and said a reaction wouldn't happen spontaneously.
Original post by Teva
i got -108 or something similar...

i also got -108 therefore reaction was feasible
That exam was a complete cluster**** in every sense :mad:
Original post by inam_ayaz
That paper was disgusting...missed around 30 marks wat bout evry 1 else??

dropped 30? :eek: I think I've just about got about 30 marks
Original post by RodrigoB
brass n. A yellowish alloy of copper and zinc, sometimes including small amounts of other metals, but usually 67 percent copper and 33 percent zinc.

I also got 33% :angry:
Reply 1926
Original post by Sceaga
that sounds ok , I used acetic acid and got 16:1

acetic acid is ethanoic acid lol

but i realised i square rooted something along the way which is wrong, so you are probably right.
Reply 1927
Original post by Lissa-154
3x10^-3 s^-1

I have no idea whether it's right or not.

Yay! That's what I got too. Gradient of tangent at t=0/ 0.01
Reply 1928
For the ice melting thing, I put entropy positive, enthalpy negative, and then changed enthalpy to positive as it's endothermic? Anyone else get this?
Reply 1929
Original post by ruby321
Was I the only one who was actually ok for time? I even had 15 mins left...
Though since everyone is saying they ran out of time it makes me think I've missed something out or did it all wrong :s-smilie:
I chose any acid for the buffer question... I did benzoic acid and got the ratio as 0.23
I swear I got that whole question wrong but I accepted that I would loose a few marks here and there.
I definitely need an A :s-smilie: I just can't miss my grades, I actually don't know what I'll do if it happens

same, my med offer is gone but i can't even think about it because theres nothing i want to do more. this paper was incredible.
Original post by prince_s9
I had 10 minute for last Q. said when sodiumcarbonate is added to nutralise acid. i did HNO3 + NA2CO3 for step 2
but later in step 4 using the same solution they had Copper Iodide :/ don't know where that came from. Thats a gurantee my step 2 is wrong :frown:

ha I got confused right there

but then they gave us the products CUI and I2

so I just made up an equation from that LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

=FLOP
Reply 1931
Original post by Heatheroink123
For the ice melting thing, I put entropy positive, enthalpy negative, and then changed enthalpy to positive as it's endothermic? Anyone else get this?

I did too :smile: That paper was outrageously hard!
Original post by Heatheroink123

I put enthalpy positive cos its endothermic and entropy negative as solid to liquid is more disordered. Am i right?
Original post by susan23
Am I the only one who wants to hide in a corner and cry myself to death! :frown:

Agreed. It was the hardest exam I've ever faced by a large margin. I'm very concerned that I won't get into university this year....

I got 6.7 ---> I didn't x10 and I feel like an idiot.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by chjw
you were given delta G

Yeah I know, I got confused but I figured Delta S doesn't change as it's always the same reaction and thought Rearranging T = Delta H/Delta S was easier than rearranging the whole other one?
Original post by student21
i put enthalpy positive cos its endothermic and entropy negative as solid to liquid is more disordered. Am i right?

exactly what i put
f***k yeah
Original post by susan23

nope your definitely not :frown:
i'll be suprised if I get a gradehahaha
Reply 1937

Haha, I got 33% too, fiddled with the numbers and ended up with that. I'm so depressed, and F324 resit is gonna finish me off.
Reply 1938
I actually couldnt do the majority of the paper!! I coundlt even do the buffer question1?!??! i dont why it just didnt make any sense?!?! I cudnt do the last question either?!?!? everything about that paper was so ****ed up ...i cudnt do the 3D structure properly...WT ...I dont understand...I revised so much and now I **** it all up....and there were like 4 -9 marker questions...I;ve probably lost 50+ marks...I actually feel like **** now...I seriuosly hope the grade boundaries are REALLY LOW im sorry I dont want 60/100 to be an A I want atleast 40/100 to be an A because that exam was so unfair..well half of it was unfair...CUDNt do ****ing ionic equations....stupid half equations...and they waffle so much...I dont give a **** if you want to make TANGY SWEeTS!¬!! I just want to do the work that was set in my BOOK not your ****ing imagination OCR!"!!! everyone should write emails to OCR...seriously..even if you FOUDN it Ok...because u dont know....!
Anyone else get around 5x10^-3 s^-1 for the rate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending