The Student Room Group

OCR B Salters - F335 Exam - 15 June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Kayak
Are we allowed to discuss the exam on here yet, or do we not have to wait until a certain time...?

It is only Edexcel, CIE, STEP and IB exams you have to wait for since this is ocr we can talk freely
Original post by cleverbong
I drew it on the carboxylic acid group. Totally guess.

I done this too.. in the assumption that the COOH donated the proton to the amine..
Reply 482
Original post by thatgu
It is only Edexcel, CIE, STEP and IB exams you have to wait for since this is ocr we can talk freely

Ah cool thanks :smile:
Reply 483
For the question about why a benzene ring can't go through addition but it can go through substitution. I put that adding/taking away electrons will disrupt the delocalised system and make the benzene less stable. Is that right/sorta right?
Reply 484
I didn't like the last question I don't think that I put enough down for five marks the most marks for a diagram I think I have ever seen.
Omg- loved it! All the stuff I could do and no evil nitrogen cycles and catalysis!!
what did people put for that fuse question?
Original post by brendan.
Here's what I put. I don't know if I'm right, so please correct me if I'm wrong. :biggrin:

I didn't know if this was a trick question trying to catch people out..
In the end I put Sulfur for being both oxidised and reduced, because the oxidation state went from 0 to +4 and -2?

I put it below.. because it 'warmed the solution' so exothermic?

I didn't get this question either. Because in my head there were two ways. The one you stated and then the other, by going to a diol, then using acidified potassium dichromate.

As I said, this is what I put, but I could be wrong.. :colondollar:

Well i said the first part about it being oxidised from 0 to +4 so i'll pray for 2 marks then. And I put it below :smile: Well if the method I used works then I hope they're fair and give me some marks for it. I thought they were looking for something to do with an alcohol but I couldn't for life of me remember it so i opted for the other
Reply 488
Am I allowed to say that that is the best Chemistry paper I've ever sat? Lots of maths + lots of 1 markers = very good paper for me. Sorry if you found it hard, hope I'm not deluded!

Paper anyone?

Edit: Who negged me for just saying what I thought? I have found exams hard in the past you know...
Seriously, if you're just negging people to take out your frustration that you failed the exam, then get over yourself.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 489
Original post by parallal
For the question about why a benzene ring can't go through addition but it can go through substitution. I put that adding/taking away electrons will disrupt the delocalised system and make the benzene less stable. Is that right/sorta right?

Yep, thats what I wrote about anyway, that with substitution the delocalised structure remains intact and the electrons at a lower energy, whereas addition reaction disrupts the system and so the electrons are not a such a low energy, so it's not a favourable reaction.
Reply 490
Original post by Jake200493
Omg- loved it! All the stuff I could do and no evil nitrogen cycles and catalysis!!

could you be more of a ****?
Reply 491
Original post by feelbetter

That was hard. I kinda put that it was unnecessary because high entropy = likely that reaction will happen spontaneously, but then said that it was a good thing because you could fix when the reaction would start, and stand clear since it was very exothermic. In other words, I had no clue, so waffled :s-smilie:
Tough paper
Reply 493
Original post by feelbetter

That was hard. I put that because the S(total) of the reaction is very high it would need a lot of energy to kick start the reaction. And the fuse would provide a high enough enery/temperature. And then I waffled a bit.

That's wrong but oh well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kooper
That was hard. I kinda put that it was unnecessary because high entropy = likely that reaction will happen spontaneously, but then said that it was a good thing because you could fix when the reaction would start, and stand clear since it was very exothermic. In other words, I had no clue, so waffled :s-smilie:

Yeah, it seemed weird as entropy was really high, I said something similar.
Reply 495
Okish paper, some hard bits but then again some really easy bits I thought. What was the answer to the Ssys question, was it positive or neagtive?
That was hard. I put that because the S(total) of the reaction is very high it would need a lot of energy to kick start the reaction. And the fuse would provide a high enough enery/temperature. And then I waffled a bit.

That's probably wrong but oh well.

Yeah similar to what i put. :smile:
Reply 497

That's wrong but oh well.

I said something along these lines.. :colondollar:

Real tough paper.
Reply 498
D:
Aahhhh! I thought I was ready...
I'm not. :frown:
Reply 499
You know for the S(total) question I think I forgot to put a sign in front of my answer....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending