The Student Room Group

OCR B Salters - F335 Exam - 15 June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by feelbetter
what did people put for that fuse question?

I wrote about how it would be a higher temperature and how this would lead to a more positive value for deltaS surroundings and so the deltaS total would be more positive and so the reaction more likely to occur.

But to be honest I haven't a clue if this is right
Reply 501
Hard paper, the last question was the most challenging ever. Loads of As themes, nothing on reaction of arenes :/ wat the hell. Instead, they did the complete opposite and put in reaction of bromine with an alkene. The hardest F335 paper ive seen so far, hopefully low grade boundaries. The last question completely got me, and was it me, or was there awfully a lot of question on bonding around 20 marks.
And the first question was the best :biggrin:
Reply 502
What did evryone get for the value of Sttot?
Reply 503
Original post by Lui
It seems like many people found this paper hard, me included. People - stop panicking! Here's why:

Grade boundaries 2009-2011 as raw marks (A/B/C):

F335 jan 2011 = 80/71/63
F335 june 2010 = 85/76/67
2854 jan 2010 = 80/72/64
2854 june 2009 = 88/79/70
2854 jan 2009 = 85/75/66

This makes averages of
A: 83/120 = 69%
B: 74/120 = 62%
C: 66/120 = 55%

I predict (but don't hold me to it) that the grade boundaries this year will be 81/72/63.
I think I've got 82 so I should be ok - ran out of time on the last 2 pages so rushed but still missed stuff!!

General conclusion - hard paper, but low grade boundaries. Don't fear your university places yet!

Hope this helps :smile:
L.

why is there three separate marks for each paper? :s-smilie: where did you get this from?
Reply 504
Original post by Tetanus
I said something along these lines.. :colondollar:

Real tough paper.

I agree. Which is such a shame because one or two of them were really gift questions. Like the "what is a buffer" and "what is an electrophile" questions.
Original post by parallal
You know for the S(total) question I think I forgot to put a sign in front of my answer....

I forgot to put +ve sign as well.
Is it +9979 Jk^(-1)mol^(-1) ?
In the question about why the two compounds were soluble in each other, what would the bonding between them have been?
Original post by MyJunkIsYou

In the question about why the two compounds were soluble in each other, what would the bonding between them have been?

I said permanent-permanent dipoles I think..
Reply 508

Id-Id I think since one of them had no dipole.
Reply 509
Original post by ManPowa
Hard paper, the last question was the most challenging ever. Loads of As themes, nothing on reaction of arenes :/ wat the hell. Instead, they did the complete opposite and put in reaction of bromine with an alkene. The hardest F335 paper ive seen so far, hopefully low grade boundaries. The last question completely got me, and was it me, or was there awfully a lot of question on bonding around 20 marks.
And the first question was the best :biggrin:

Was that just the enthalpy one? 5 marks? When you had to put the appropriate lines and labels on the diagram?
Reply 510
Original post by cleverbong

Yeah, I got that. But forgot the sign.... :frown: At least I think I did. I dunno. All I know is that's another mark lost.

Was it positive?! I put negative...and then I put that it needed a fuse because due to the fact that Stot is negative it's not a spontaneous reaction, so energy from a source would have to be put in :/
Reply 512

I put instantaneous dipole-induced dipole.
Reply 513

I definitely forgot to put the sign down! F***! :bawling:
Reply 514
Original post by parallal
I put instantaneous dipole-induced dipole.

Were they not able to dissolve in one another because they could form permanent dipole-permanent dipole, but could not dissolve in water because they can't form Hydrogen Bonds. I put something like that + loooooads of waffle.
Original post by Iheartnerds
Was it positive?! I put negative...and then I put that it needed a fuse because due to the fact that Stot is negative it's not a spontaneous reaction, so energy from a source would have to be put in :/

I am quite sure it is large and positive.
Don't worry. It is just 1 tiny mark.
Reply 516
Original post by Tetanus
Were they not able to dissolve in one another because they could form permantent dipole-permanent dipole, but could not dissolve in water because they can't form Hydrogne Bonds. I put something like that + loooooads of waffle.

I thought they could dissolve in each other (omg I hope I didn't read that question wrong :s-smilie:). Because they had weak id-id and the bonds broken are more than the bonds formed. And they couldn't break the H bonds in water.
Reply 517
Ssys was negative -268 or something Stot was 9979 something idk...
Original post by Tetanus
Were they not able to dissolve in one another because they could form permanent dipole-permanent dipole, but could not dissolve in water because they can't form Hydrogen Bonds. I put something like that + loooooads of waffle.

Well that's what I said, waffle included :tongue:
Reply 519
I wrote about how it would be a higher temperature and how this would lead to a more positive value for deltaS surroundings and so the deltaS total would be more positive and so the reaction more likely to occur.

But to be honest I haven't a clue if this is right

i wrote EXACTLY the same thing.. dont know if we would get marks or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending