The Student Room Group

OCR B Salters - F335 Exam - 15 June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
It was actually a reasonably nice NMR question that quite a few people seem to have got right! :h:
Hypothetically speaking of course, but, if someone, certainly not me, were to have calculated the total entropy change correctly, then somehow managed to round it to a value it didn't even round to and then write that on the line, would they still give the mark when they saw the correct answer, and just ignore the incorrect answer written on the line?
Why did the molecule with bromine and chlorine have an overall dipole?
Reply 543
I learnt how to do nmr on some video on youtube of some american teacher looool
Original post by SmileyGurl13

When Br and Cl are on the same side, it is negative on one side but less negative on another side. This leads to high electronegativity difference between the two sides.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 545
ahh run out of time, missed out the last 2 pages on calculations and enthalpy diagram thingy completely! Plus so aanoyed with myself for not revising easy stuff like that curly arrow diagram.. I had to improvise but hopefully will get me a couple of marks :/ Also, I hate 1 markers and there were quite a few ...
Reply 546
What was the first answer to the question? It was a challenging but then again simple start to the exam?
I put phenyl amine, then drew a phenol with 2 amino groups, then temperature below 5 degrees and then electrophillic substituiton and then was was the next one about the prediction???
Reply 547
Original post by SmileyGurl13

I wrote something about the difference in electronegativity. So overall it has a dipole and the other one for why the molecule didnt have a dipole i said that althogh the molecule is polar, the bonds are symmetrical and so the charges coincide so there is no overall dipole. :s-smilie:
Reply 548
what shape did you guys draw for the SF6 ( i think it was)
Original post by Legit

Original post by Legit
I thought that paper was pretty good!

Did anyone get this for NMR?

Yeh Except I put the Br on the top and the bottom.
Reply 550
Original post by ManPowa
What was the first answer to the question? It was a challenging but then again simple start to the exam?
I put phenyl amine, then drew a phenol with 2 amino groups, then temperature below 5 degrees and then electrophillic substituiton and then was was the next one about the prediction???

Wasn't it just 1,3 diaminobenzene? :s-smilie:
Anyone else feel like the 4 mark questions looked simple until you started writing and realised an easy question takes hours to write? Haha. The paper was okay, although CF6 was a crazy-arse dot cross diagram, and the mass calculation at the end was beast. I skipped over a few questions, but it went okay overall I think. I absolutely hope the grade boundary isn't too high. The entropy question and the fuse part was odd, S(total) was very large and +ve, then they went and asked about a fuse just to **** with you. Who else made up a load of bull for the farmer question too?
Reply 552
Original post by pav
what shape did you guys draw for the SF6 ( i think it was)

Octahedral! I think the bond angle was supposed to be 90 but I put 190.5. Fail.
So I got the entropy stuff all wrong aswell ****!
Reply 554
What did everyone get for the mass? I got 12g.

I got it through n = V x C / 1000 then n = m / Mr??
Reply 555
I got ph7.2 for the buffer question

Intermediate question - Halogenoalkene» alcohol » carboxyllic acid

What did people circle for the pharmacophore? I circled the carboxyllic acid bit :/

I got 112kg for the mass question at the begining

The first ever question was benzene ? Coz it said ORGANIC
Original post by Tetanus

Definately forgot to even put a bond angle! oh well..I'd probably have got it wrong anyway
Reply 557
Original post by Tetanus

Really? I put 60. This paper is really depressing me. :')
Reply 558
Original post by Tetanus
What did everyone get for the mass? I got 12g.

I got it through n = V x C / 1000 then n = m / Mr??

I got 12g to and did it in the same way as you did. Im starting to doubt my answer now seeing as alot of people on here got a different answer. :frown:
Reply 559
Original post by Tetanus
Wasn't it just 1,3 diaminobenzene? :s-smilie:

Sorry lol when i meant phenol i actually meant benzene hahaha so yh 1,3 - diamino benzene

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending