The Student Room Group

OCR B Salters - F335 Exam - 15 June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by Paolat
I got ph7.2 for the buffer question

Intermediate question - Halogenoalkene» alcohol » carboxyllic acid

What did people circle for the pharmacophore? I circled the carboxyllic acid bit :/

I got 112kg for the mass question at the begining

The first ever question was benzene ? Coz it said ORGANIC

It was phenylamine. Because it specified that the compound could be made in 1 step..
Reply 561
Did anyone pick up in the first question that all 3 of the molecules had the same chromophore? Was that significant at all?
Original post by Tetanus
What did everyone get for the mass? I got 12g.

I got it through n = V x C / 1000 then n = m / Mr??

I got 12g. But to be honest I was grasping at straws and just trying to perform any kind of calculation that might pick up a few marks so I'm not too hopeful that's the answer
Reply 563
Original post by Tetanus
Octahedral! I think the bond angle was supposed to be 90 but I put 190.5. Fail.

I drew an octahedral shape and labelled bond angle as 90.
Reply 564
Original post by Legit
I thought that paper was pretty good!

Did anyone get this for NMR?

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!
Thank god! At least one mark :biggrin:
Reply 565
Original post by Tetanus

Loool same but its wrong coz it was a 4mark question and they gave so much info like the Ka n stuff but hopefully we will gt 1mark lol
Reply 566
I definately got the shape of SF6 wrong... I put S in the middle 2 tetrahedrons (one above the other with F atoms). Gave bond angle as 109... I've always got bond angles wrong :/
Reply 567
Original post by Paolat
I got ph7.2 for the buffer question

Intermediate question - Halogenoalkene» alcohol » carboxyllic acid

What did people circle for the pharmacophore? I circled the carboxyllic acid bit :/

I got 112kg for the mass question at the begining

The first ever question was benzene ? Coz it said ORGANIC

I got mass 112 aswell. With the halogenoalkane one is the intermediate exactly the same as the halogenoalkane just with the halo's replaced by OH groups? Because that's what I put but wasn't sure if i was correct?
Reply 568
Original post by Paolat
Loool same but its wrong coz it was a 4mark question and they gave so much info like the Ka n stuff but hopefully we will gt 1mark lol

I reckon they put all that info in just to mess everyone around. Our method got the right answer so I don't see how we cann't get max marks..?
Reply 569
Kinda 'okay' paper. Few nasty questions. The calcualtion at the end i got 12kg :frown: Last question was nice. Buffers was nice. There was one about ' why did the student think it was okay to use a volume under 17.5?' what you all put?
Reply 570
http://www.globalwarmingart.com/images/4/43/Sulfur_Hexafluoride_Molecule_Formula.png

Thats what you needed.. Although i drew all 6 wedges, how much marks would that be?
Reply 571
Original post by zahre
I drew an octahedral shape and labelled bond angle as 90.

Think you probably got full marks then! WELL DONE! :biggrin:
Reply 572
Original post by ManPowa
http://www.globalwarmingart.com/images/4/43/Sulfur_Hexafluoride_Molecule_Formula.png

Thats what you needed.. Although i drew all 6 wedges, how much marks would that be?

Damn, my shape's definately wrong, however all the wedges are there like you :smile:
Original post by Tetanus

I got this :smile:

Original post by Cheekytart
S*** paper!

what did people write for the technique for one mark?
i put GLC :biggrin:

And this :smile:

All my class and I thought it was quite a nice paper actually :/
Original post by HK11
I got mass 112 aswell. With the halogenoalkane one is the intermediate exactly the same as the halogenoalkane just with the halo's replaced by OH groups? Because that's what I put but wasn't sure if i was correct?

Yeah that's what I did :biggrin:

I know someone has already asked it but it wasn't really answered what did you guys put for the ox and reduction qs I also put both sulphur as someone else did but this can't be right, can it :s-smilie:
Reply 575
Got 19g for question 5d.
Got pH 4.1 then pH 7.2 for the two pH questions.
Got mass 112 for the first mass question.

got 1,1-dibromoethane for the NMR q.

.. I thought the paper was alright, there were some tricky elements to it, and some easy parts to it, overall I'd say it was similar to the previous papers, and I'd say that the grade boundaries would be similar, roughy 80/120 maybe 85/120 for an A.
Original post by Nickburn
could you be more of a ****?

That depends whether you are being sarcastic or not. If you are being sarcastic, then no, I cannot. If you aren't, then yes, of course I can :smile:
Original post by Tetanus
I reckon they put all that info in just to mess everyone around. Our method got the right answer so I don't see how we cann't get max marks..?

But how were you supposed to know the moles of what you were trying to find out as you don't know they are the same surely :s-smilie:
Reply 578
Original post by SmileyGurl13
Yeah that's what I did :biggrin:

I know someone has already asked it but it wasn't really answered what did you guys put for the ox and reduction qs I also put both sulphur as someone else did but this can't be right, can it :s-smilie:

Yeah I put both Sulphur too..

from 0 to 4, and from 0 to -2...

That one confused me, I couldn't see anything else with a changed oxidation state, oh well, at least that will probably be 2/4.
Reply 579
Original post by Jake200493
I got this :smile:

And this :smile:

All my class and I thought it was quite a nice paper actually :/

Clever School, eh? :holmes: :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending