The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Original post by Unkempt_One
I used a tangent. If by 1/t you mean finding the average gradient between the point at t=0 and another point, then it should be okay as long as the interval was sufficiently short.

Thank you for answering. Yes I worked out the rate my drawing a tangent and working the gradient of the tangent. I also got it to be in First Order because of a constant or approx constant half life.
I was confused coz my best friend used 1/total time taken.
But aren't they gonna give the near about the same answer? :confused:

I can't face my mum. I feel like I failed this exam on a different level.
Original post by VetApplicant2011
I literally walked out and started crying :smile: FML.

I cried when the invigilators said pen down, I was hysterical for 20 minutes haah such a hard exam :confused:
Reply 2362
is there any particular question you guys want me to uplaod??
Original post by touran22
guys i have the paper with me right now...if i was to upload it would i get into trouble?

upload it, they cant trace it back to you...lol :wink:
Reply 2364
For all you people who are complaining to OCR, this isn't the first time recently that OCR are setting stupid exam papers. They are regulated by Ofqual and if you really feel that something should be done then why not contact them instead?
Reply 2365
guys i have the paper with me right now...if i was to upload it would i get into trouble?

Noooo, we won't tell anyone :smile: But seriously, it doesn't matter at all.
Reply 2366
is there any particular question you guys want me to uplaod??

All of them, please :smile:
Reply 2367
The exam was generally not hard. WE ALL KNEW THIS STUFF. But what really pissed me off was the amount of content in the whole exam paper. At one point I thought it wasn't going to end.

I think or more correctly hope that they lower the grade boundries because honestly, I probably missed out at least 10 marks worth of questions because there wasn't enough time. If we just had 15 more minutes.... T^T
Does anybody feel like this paper has cost them their firm Uni place??
:O
Original post by susan23
i put enthalp was negative because temperature was 0 making S xT = 0 so the only way G could be less than 1 for feasability was if delta-H was negative?!??!

OMG nooooo thats probably the only thing i thought I got right!?!!?!?

Don't know if someone's already answered this...but when doing SxT, temp in in Kelvin, so it will not have been zero, rather 273.
It's bond breaking so endothermic, so delta H is positive. :/
The value of SxT is greater than that of the enthalpy so that is why the reaction is feasible (:
Reply 2370
i really hope i get a good grade with UMS, cause my percentage isn't going to be good.
Reply 2371
We had 1hr30 for our exam because our invigilator can't count
Reply 2372
Original post by smoozth

I feel for you! :frown:

What retards!!!! :mad:
Well I thought it was.......pretty tough. But most of the stuff was on the syllabus, it was too much stuff for not enough time though. I didn't get the last one at all, maybe one or two marks out of nine if I'm really lucky, I got the 6 mark buffer solution one wrong too, maybe one or two again. I got the enthalpy change + wrong, i think the enthalpy of solution one wrong.....gah. Even the reduction/oxidation one

think i did well enough to scrap an A if im very lucky though :/ shame my as grades aren't great.
Reply 2374

anyone can upload question paper pls?
Reply 2375
Original post by science7
I feel for you! :frown:

What retards!!!! :mad:

I'm screwed because they are going to take our last exam results instead which is a disaster for me seeing as i was going to retake
Original post by smoozth

oh no he didnt!, **** in his post box lol, coz 1 hr 45 wasnt enough.. ur time is just sad...!
Reply 2377
im uploading some of the questions now..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/photoozf.jpg/
Reply 2378
Original post by smoozth
I'm screwed because they are going to take our last exam results instead which is a disaster for me seeing as i was going to retake

How did your paper actually go? Did you finish it??
Lol I remember that Gibbs energy question thinking it was a misprint because it was asking for delta G when it had been given to us!!
Sat there for a while till I figured it out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending